Laser Tattoo Removal
Regretting that tattoo? Laser tattoo removal treatments are one of the top, most effective methods to eliminate unwanted tattoos.
However, the safest and best results always centre around a laser clinic that combines the right experience and the top equipment. At Dr. Cory Torgerson’s Laser Clinic, we treat tattoos of every size, shape, colour, and location. Our excellent safety record, reputable facility, and expert staff ensure top patient satisfaction. At our Toronto laser clinic, only qualified personnel perform the laser tattoo removal sessions under the care and expertise of facial plastic durgeon Dr. Cory Torgerson, so patients are assured of the best care and knowledge.
Our customized tattoo removal technology is one of the most advanced on the market today and can remove unwanted tattoos in a safe, quick, and virtually pain-free way without damaging the skin. At Dr. Cory Torgerson’s laser clinic, the advanced tattoo removal systems can successfully treat a broad range of tattoo colours, including dark tattoo inks, specifically black (which accounts for more than half of all tattoos), blue, and green.
How Does Laser Tattoo Removal Work?
During a laser tattoo removal session, the pulses of light from the laser are directed onto the tattoo, breaking up the tattoo pigment. Once the tattoo ink has been broken into much smaller particles, those particles are easily removed by the body’s natural filtering system. This cleansing and filtering of the ink takes place over several weeks, which is why it is important to space your treatments appropriately. The next time you come in, your tattoo will already be lighter than it was. Patient comfort is important, so at our laser office we use a combination of a topical numbing cream and pain medication to help the patient manoeuvre through the laser treatment process with ease. Most patients find the laser tattoo removal experience tolerable and better than they expected. They are able to return to their normal schedule immediately following the laser treatment.
What to Expect
Patients should expect to come back for more than one treatment to achieve the expected results, as tattoo removal typically requires multiple treatments. Each tattoo will be different, depending on shape, size, and colour, but all of these factors can be addressed during your free laser tattoo removal consultation, and a customized timeline can be personalized for you. As each laser tattoo removal session progresses, the ink gradually clears, and the tattoo intensity and appearance will fade. Each laser treatment will result in more clearance of the tattoo ink. Some patients are only looking to have their tattoo lightened to cover it with a new tattoo or improve the final result. This is also very possible with the laser tattoo technology in our Toronto office and can be discussed with you during your free consultation.
Cost of Laser Tattoo Removal
Cost can vary depending on the tattoo, and an accurate quote can be given in person during the consultation. If need be, our office does offer financing packages for patients to help them meet their goals and desired results.
What Are Some Things You Should Know Before Getting Your Tattoo Removed?
Set realistic expectations!
No tattoo removal is guaranteed. Variety in colour, the quality of the ink used, whether an amateur or a professional created the tattoo, the technology, and the technician performing the treatment can all be factors that impact the final results. Make sure you consult a laser treatment expert before moving forward.
One treatment will not remove your tattoo!
Unfortunately, multiple treatments will be required, no matter which type of laser tattoo removal technology you decide to use and no matter which laser treatment clinic you go to. The length of actual treatments needed can be estimated and predetermined during your initial free consultation. Intervals between treatments are also important and can range anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks for optimal healing, the best results, and minimal risks. Lastly, the technology used is important. Laser wavelengths can differ, and some simply work better to effectively remove different pigments than others. People need to think of laser tattoo removal more as a successful marathon than a quick sprint to the finish line.
Amateur tattoos vs. professional tattoos
Both types of tattoos can be successfully removed. However, amateur tattoos are typically easier to remove for 2 reasons. A) The ink quality is less dense than a professional tattoo, and B) the ink has not penetrated as deeply into the skin as a professionally applied tattoo. The length of time necessary for the tattoo removal will vary depending on the colour, size, and location.
Location of the tattoo
Amazingly, location does matter. Those tattoos located nearer to the heart have better blood circulation available to them, versus tattoos further away, such as on the legs or feet, which will be harder to remove.
What you should expect after a laser tattoo removal treatment
Common side effects include redness, raising of the tattoo, swelling, blistering, minor pin-point bleeding, and/or darkening of the colours. These side effects usually subside within 1 to 2 weeks.
There is a higher risk of hypopigmentation for people with darker skin tones
Tattoos on people with darker skin can be successfully removed; however, the risk is higher. The laser may remover pigment from your skin along with pigment from the tattoo. Minimize your risk by choosing a Toronto laser tattoo removal clinic that has a top reputation.
Know the risks and potential side effects
Risks can include infection, burns, hypo-pigmentation (lightening of the skin), hyperpigmentation (darkening of the skin), and changes in skin texture. Choosing a reputable Toronto laser clinic is a top priority to minimize your risks.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- ND-YAG Laser
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Safety Of Laser Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Scar Treatments
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.