Laser Tattoo Removal
Regretting that tattoo? Laser tattoo removal treatments are one of the top, most effective methods to eliminate unwanted tattoos.
However, the safest and best results always centre around a laser clinic that combines the right experience and the top equipment. At Dr. Cory Torgerson’s Laser Clinic, we treat tattoos of every size, shape, colour, and location. Our excellent safety record, reputable facility, and expert staff ensure top patient satisfaction. At our Toronto laser clinic, only qualified personnel perform the laser tattoo removal sessions under the care and expertise of facial plastic durgeon Dr. Cory Torgerson, so patients are assured of the best care and knowledge.
Our customized tattoo removal technology is one of the most advanced on the market today and can remove unwanted tattoos in a safe, quick, and virtually pain-free way without damaging the skin. At Dr. Cory Torgerson’s laser clinic, the advanced tattoo removal systems can successfully treat a broad range of tattoo colours, including dark tattoo inks, specifically black (which accounts for more than half of all tattoos), blue, and green.
How Does Laser Tattoo Removal Work?
During a laser tattoo removal session, the pulses of light from the laser are directed onto the tattoo, breaking up the tattoo pigment. Once the tattoo ink has been broken into much smaller particles, those particles are easily removed by the body’s natural filtering system. This cleansing and filtering of the ink takes place over several weeks, which is why it is important to space your treatments appropriately. The next time you come in, your tattoo will already be lighter than it was. Patient comfort is important, so at our laser office we use a combination of a topical numbing cream and pain medication to help the patient manoeuvre through the laser treatment process with ease. Most patients find the laser tattoo removal experience tolerable and better than they expected. They are able to return to their normal schedule immediately following the laser treatment.
What to Expect
Patients should expect to come back for more than one treatment to achieve the expected results, as tattoo removal typically requires multiple treatments. Each tattoo will be different, depending on shape, size, and colour, but all of these factors can be addressed during your free laser tattoo removal consultation, and a customized timeline can be personalized for you. As each laser tattoo removal session progresses, the ink gradually clears, and the tattoo intensity and appearance will fade. Each laser treatment will result in more clearance of the tattoo ink. Some patients are only looking to have their tattoo lightened to cover it with a new tattoo or improve the final result. This is also very possible with the laser tattoo technology in our Toronto office and can be discussed with you during your free consultation.
Cost of Laser Tattoo Removal
Cost can vary depending on the tattoo, and an accurate quote can be given in person during the consultation. If need be, our office does offer financing packages for patients to help them meet their goals and desired results.
What Are Some Things You Should Know Before Getting Your Tattoo Removed?
Set realistic expectations!
One treatment will not remove your tattoo!
Amateur tattoos vs. professional tattoos
Location of the tattoo
What you should expect after a laser tattoo removal treatment
There is a higher risk of hypopigmentation for people with darker skin tones
Know the risks and potential side effects
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Safety Of Laser Treatments
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Scar Treatments
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- ND-YAG Laser
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- ClearLift And How It Works
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- Ablative Laser Treatments
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.