Laser Tattoo Removal
Getting a tattoo is a choice, and sometimes your lifestyle may no longer reflect the way you used to be.
As people age, their thoughts and feelings evolve, and sometimes the placement of a tattoo can prevent some people from achieving their goals. The nature of tattoos makes the decision to get one in the first place a serious one. Some people no longer like the tattoo that they got 10 years ago.
The Absorption Of The Energy Is What Causes The Tattoo To Disappear Over Time
How Can Tattoos Be Removed?
Fortunately, we no longer have to live with regrets thanks to the introduction of laser technology. Laser tattoo removal has become almost as common as actually getting a tattoo. Tattoos are also applied cosmetically for some people. Laser tattoo removal works by blasting laser energy targeted to the tattoo ink, which causes the ink particles to virtually break up and then be metabolized by the body.
Tattoo ink is administered with a needle into the deep layer of the skin, causing the ink to be trapped underneath the epidermis. Tattoo lasers direct laser energy right into the ink. The energy is then absorbed by the colours in the tattoo ink. The high pulse energy causes the ink particles to shatter into smaller pieces. The smaller fragments are then metabolized by white blood cells during the body’s natural filtration and elimination process.
To successfully remove a tattoo, the laser light must be absorbed by the tattoo ink. The absorption of the energy is what causes the tattoo to disappear over time.
It should be mentioned that not all tattoos absorb laser energy in the same way. Red tattoos, for example, cannot be treated in the same wavelength as black tattoos because the red tattoo ink absorbs all the laser energy instead of the pigment breaking down. Different wavelengths are required for the treatment of coloured tattoos.
The Delivery Of The Right Wavelength Of Energy Light Is Crucial In The Elimination Of Coloured Tattoos
Tattoo Removal Process
Most of the tattoo colours can be removed with the Q-Switched Nd:YAG Laser technology. The YAG laser emits a range of 532 nm and 1064 nm. These 2 wavelengths can treat the following colours:
- Bright colours
- Red, orange, and yellow 1064-nm
- Dark colours
- Black, blue, and green
Q-Switched lasers are efficient in removing ink particles from the tattoo due to their powerful ability to deliver sufficient nanoseconds (billionth of a second) energy pulses that cause the breakdown of the pigmentation in the skin. Insufficient laser energy can cause undesirable side effects like scarring. Q-Switched lasers are one of the best multifunctional lasers in the aesthetics market because they are also effective in treating other cosmetic conditions like skin pigmentation, enlarged pores, and the removal of fine lines and wrinkles.
The tattoo removal process does not harm the surrounding tissues and cells. This is primarily because of the targeted nanoseconds of light directed into the pigments in the skin. The pigmentation selectively absorbs the laser energy, which dissolves the ink markings into ink particles.
It takes a few weeks to see results after a laser tattoo removal treatment. People with large or colourful tattoos will require a series of treatments that shatter the ink gradually over time until the tattoo eventually disappears.
If you have a tattoo that you would like to remove, please contact our office for your complimentary consultation.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Safety Of Laser Treatments
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Scar Treatments
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- ND-YAG Laser
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- ClearLift And How It Works
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- Ablative Laser Treatments
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.