Laser Tattoo Removal
Getting a tattoo is a choice, and sometimes your lifestyle may no longer reflect the way you used to be.
As people age, their thoughts and feelings evolve, and sometimes the placement of a tattoo can prevent some people from achieving their goals. The nature of tattoos makes the decision to get one in the first place a serious one. Some people no longer like the tattoo that they got 10 years ago.
The Absorption Of The Energy Is What Causes The Tattoo To Disappear Over Time
How Can Tattoos Be Removed?
Fortunately, we no longer have to live with regrets thanks to the introduction of laser technology. Laser tattoo removal has become almost as common as actually getting a tattoo. Tattoos are also applied cosmetically for some people. Laser tattoo removal works by blasting laser energy targeted to the tattoo ink, which causes the ink particles to virtually break up and then be metabolized by the body.
Tattoo ink is administered with a needle into the deep layer of the skin, causing the ink to be trapped underneath the epidermis. Tattoo lasers direct laser energy right into the ink. The energy is then absorbed by the colours in the tattoo ink. The high pulse energy causes the ink particles to shatter into smaller pieces. The smaller fragments are then metabolized by white blood cells during the body’s natural filtration and elimination process.
To successfully remove a tattoo, the laser light must be absorbed by the tattoo ink. The absorption of the energy is what causes the tattoo to disappear over time.
It should be mentioned that not all tattoos absorb laser energy in the same way. Red tattoos, for example, cannot be treated in the same wavelength as black tattoos because the red tattoo ink absorbs all the laser energy instead of the pigment breaking down. Different wavelengths are required for the treatment of coloured tattoos.
The Delivery Of The Right Wavelength Of Energy Light Is Crucial In The Elimination Of Coloured Tattoos
Tattoo Removal Process
Most of the tattoo colours can be removed with the Q-Switched Nd:YAG Laser technology. The YAG laser emits a range of 532 nm and 1064 nm. These 2 wavelengths can treat the following colours:
- Bright colours
- Red, orange, and yellow 1064-nm
- Dark colours
- Black, blue, and green
Q-Switched lasers are efficient in removing ink particles from the tattoo due to their powerful ability to deliver sufficient nanoseconds (billionth of a second) energy pulses that cause the breakdown of the pigmentation in the skin. Insufficient laser energy can cause undesirable side effects like scarring. Q-Switched lasers are one of the best multifunctional lasers in the aesthetics market because they are also effective in treating other cosmetic conditions like skin pigmentation, enlarged pores, and the removal of fine lines and wrinkles.
The tattoo removal process does not harm the surrounding tissues and cells. This is primarily because of the targeted nanoseconds of light directed into the pigments in the skin. The pigmentation selectively absorbs the laser energy, which dissolves the ink markings into ink particles.
It takes a few weeks to see results after a laser tattoo removal treatment. People with large or colourful tattoos will require a series of treatments that shatter the ink gradually over time until the tattoo eventually disappears.
If you have a tattoo that you would like to remove, please contact our office for your complimentary consultation.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- ND-YAG Laser
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Safety Of Laser Treatments
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Scar Treatments
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.