Laser Tattoo Removal
Getting a tattoo is a choice, and sometimes your lifestyle may no longer reflect the way you used to be.
As people age, their thoughts and feelings evolve, and sometimes the placement of a tattoo can prevent some people from achieving their goals. The nature of tattoos makes the decision to get one in the first place a serious one. Some people no longer like the tattoo that they got 10 years ago.
The Absorption Of The Energy Is What Causes The Tattoo To Disappear Over Time
How Can Tattoos Be Removed?
Fortunately, we no longer have to live with regrets thanks to the introduction of laser technology. Laser tattoo removal has become almost as common as actually getting a tattoo. Tattoos are also applied cosmetically for some people. Laser tattoo removal works by blasting laser energy targeted to the tattoo ink, which causes the ink particles to virtually break up and then be metabolized by the body.
Tattoo ink is administered with a needle into the deep layer of the skin, causing the ink to be trapped underneath the epidermis. Tattoo lasers direct laser energy right into the ink. The energy is then absorbed by the colours in the tattoo ink. The high pulse energy causes the ink particles to shatter into smaller pieces. The smaller fragments are then metabolized by white blood cells during the body’s natural filtration and elimination process.
To successfully remove a tattoo, the laser light must be absorbed by the tattoo ink. The absorption of the energy is what causes the tattoo to disappear over time.
It should be mentioned that not all tattoos absorb laser energy in the same way. Red tattoos, for example, cannot be treated in the same wavelength as black tattoos because the red tattoo ink absorbs all the laser energy instead of the pigment breaking down. Different wavelengths are required for the treatment of coloured tattoos.
The Delivery of the Right Wavelength of Energy Light Is Crucial in the Elimination of Coloured Tattoos
Tattoo Removal Process
Most of the tattoo colours can be removed with the Q-Switched Nd:YAG Laser technology. The YAG laser emits a range of 532 nm and 1064 nm. These 2 wavelengths can treat the following colours:
- Bright colours
- Red, orange, and yellow 1064-nm
- Dark colours
- Black, blue, and green
Q-Switched lasers are efficient in removing ink particles from the tattoo due to their powerful ability to deliver sufficient nanoseconds (billionth of a second) energy pulses that cause the breakdown of the pigmentation in the skin. Insufficient laser energy can cause undesirable side effects like scarring. Q-Switched lasers are one of the best multifunctional lasers in the aesthetics market because they are also effective in treating other cosmetic conditions like skin pigmentation, enlarged pores, and the removal of fine lines and wrinkles.
The tattoo removal process does not harm the surrounding tissues and cells. This is primarily because of the targeted nanoseconds of light directed into the pigments in the skin. The pigmentation selectively absorbs the laser energy, which dissolves the ink markings into ink particles.
It takes a few weeks to see results after a laser tattoo removal treatment. People with large or colourful tattoos will require a series of treatments that shatter the ink gradually over time until the tattoo eventually disappears.
If you have a tattoo that you would like to remove, please contact our office for your consultation.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- ClearLift And How It Works
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- ND-YAG Laser
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Safety of Laser Treatments
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Scar Treatments
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?