Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
It is no secret that we are all aging. Time marches on, and there is no magic wand that we can wave to change the date on our birth certificate.
While it is true that everyone is subject to the aging process, the irritation arises because we all age at a different pace. It can lead to despair when your friend still has remarkably smooth skin, but you have noticeable crow’s feet around your eyes and have developed significant lines between your nose and mouth!
Laser Therapy Can Be Accomplished In A Very Short Time
Many factors can have an impact on the condition of our skin: pollution, exposure to the sun and the elements, smoking, and whether you are disciplined enough to have a skincare regime. Even genetics plays a huge part in how quickly we age, including influences such as whether you have thick or thin skin or a light or dark complexion. Although there are a lot of factors that we can’t control in the aging process, there are definitely ways that we can improve ourselves regardless.
Laser therapy for facial wrinkles is just one of the procedures offered by Dr. Cory Torgerson at his Yorkville surgery centre. He offers several types of laser therapy and skin resurfacing to address both fine lines and deeper wrinkles. If you are interested in simply smoothing and tightening your skin, light-weight laser therapy would be recommended (AFT, IPL). If your concern involves deeper wrinkles that are not superficial, Dr. Torgerson would probably suggest one of the heavy-weight laser treatments (Erbium, CO2).
The beauty of laser therapy is that it can be accomplished in a very short amount of time. Within 30 minutes, a non-invasive laser procedure can be administered with noticeable results. The client can continue their schedule without interruption, as there are little side effects to the treatment. Even the most invasive laser procedure only takes minutes to accomplish, but 1 week is required for the healing process to take place.
Safe & Effective Alternative To Going Under The Surgical Knife
Laser skin therapy directs beams of heat to either the underlying layer of skin (dermis) or the top layer of skin (epidermis). Depending on the type of laser, low-energy or high-energy wavelengths are administered. When the dermis is targeted, the heat causes changes to occur. As the tissue heals, the skin is left smoother and tighter. When the heat is directed to the facial surface, the old skin is vaporized, and after healing, a fresh new layer of skin is revealed. With all types of laser therapy, whether the heat targets the dermis or epidermis, collagen production is aroused, and clients notice the glowing effects in their skin long after the laser treatment.
Laser therapy has grown in popularity because it provides a safe, effective alternative to going under the surgical knife. It is more inexpensive than traditional surgery and provides wonderful, satisfying results for patients.
Why not allow Dr. Torgerson to help you put your best face forward? Although laser skin therapy can’t change the date on your birth certificate, it can fool people into thinking you are much younger than you actually are!
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- ND-YAG Laser
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Safety Of Laser Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Scar Treatments
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.