Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
The choice to modify your face or body is a personal one.
There could be numerous influential factors that can bring people to decide to rejuvenate a certain part of their face or body. Patients who seek out plastic surgeons can opt for natural-looking rejuvenating procedures or they can choose to receive complete alterations that disguise the problem areas that they find displeasing. Plastic surgery can produce dramatic improvements immediately, and in most cases. Lasers, on the other hand, are quick and easy to administer. Lasers require no downtime and are usually more affordable. With their respected advantages and disadvantages, some people may have the following questions in mind.
Which Decision Is Better, Surgical Or Non-Surgical? Lasers Or Surgery? And Which Choice Is Right For Me?
The evolution of laser technology has developed into a dynamic multi-functional system that enables people to treat a whole wide variety of skin conditions both surgically and non-surgically. Laser treatments are growing more popular now than ever before because new advanced laser treatments require less downtime. People can resume their normal activities immediately after their treatments. It’s important to understand the advantages and disadvantages of both surgical or non-surgical methods of face and body augmentation to decipher the decision that is most suitable to you and your lifestyle along with the amount of improvement you are looking to achieve.
Several factors can influence your decision on the approach you want to take. It’s best to cover some of the foundational questions that you should inquire about when deciding on face or body modification treatments. The list below contains questions that you must consider when deciding between lasers and surgery.
When Do You Consider Surgery Over Lasers As The Best Remedy To Your Problems?
The answer depends on many factors such as:
Cosmetic Goals: What are you looking to achieve? Do you want to dramatically reduce wrinkles and change the appearance of the surface of the skin? Do you want any scars from your procedure? How much of a change are you looking to achieve?
Communicating your cosmetic goals clearly with your surgeon is the best way to achieve your goals. Visual aids, celebrity examples, and 3D imaging are all supplementary information that can help your surgeon understand exactly what you are looking to accomplish.
How Much Time Are You Willing to Commit?
Surgery requires dedication to the pre-op instructions in addition to the associated downtime. It also involves subsequent discomfort or pain, swelling, and other surgical symptoms and medications. Most surgical procedures require anywhere from 7 to 14 days of recovery from visible symptoms of surgery. The changes and healing that occur inside the body can take up to a year to fully settle in some cases. Each type of surgery generally has its own healing timeline that can be provided to you by your plastic surgeon.
Laser treatments are generally from 30 to 90 minutes in duration. They often require no preparatory instructions. Laser treatments for the face and body generally require more than one treatment to achieve substantial improvements to the treatment area. The deciding factor can be heavily based on how many treatments you can fit into your lifestyle.
Continue reading Laser vs. Surgery: What’s the Right Choice for You? Part 2 as we discuss additional important deciding factors like budget, skin type, scarring, and much more!
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- ND-YAG Laser
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Safety Of Laser Treatments
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Scar Treatments
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.