Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
The choice to modify your face or body is a personal one.
There could be numerous influential factors that can bring people to decide to rejuvenate a certain part of their face or body. Patients who seek out plastic surgeons can opt for natural-looking rejuvenating procedures or they can choose to receive complete alterations that disguise the problem areas that they find displeasing. Plastic surgery can produce dramatic improvements immediately, and in most cases. Lasers, on the other hand, are quick and easy to administer. Lasers require no downtime and are usually more affordable. With their respected advantages and disadvantages, some people may have the following questions in mind.
Which Decision Is Better, Surgical Or Non-Surgical? Lasers Or Surgery? And Which Choice Is Right For Me?
The evolution of laser technology has developed into a dynamic multi-functional system that enables people to treat a whole wide variety of skin conditions both surgically and non-surgically. Laser treatments are growing more popular now than ever before because new advanced laser treatments require less downtime. People can resume their normal activities immediately after their treatments. It’s important to understand the advantages and disadvantages of both surgical or non-surgical methods of face and body augmentation to decipher the decision that is most suitable to you and your lifestyle along with the amount of improvement you are looking to achieve.
Several factors can influence your decision on the approach you want to take. It’s best to cover some of the foundational questions that you should inquire about when deciding on face or body modification treatments. The list below contains questions that you must consider when deciding between lasers and surgery.
When Do You Consider Surgery Over Lasers As The Best Remedy To Your Problems?
The answer depends on many factors such as:
Cosmetic Goals: What are you looking to achieve? Do you want to dramatically reduce wrinkles and change the appearance of the surface of the skin? Do you want any scars from your procedure? How much of a change are you looking to achieve?
Communicating your cosmetic goals clearly with your surgeon is the best way to achieve your goals. Visual aids, celebrity examples, and 3D imaging are all supplementary information that can help your surgeon understand exactly what you are looking to accomplish.
How Much Time Are You Willing to Commit?
Surgery requires dedication to the pre-op instructions in addition to the associated downtime. It also involves subsequent discomfort or pain, swelling, and other surgical symptoms and medications. Most surgical procedures require anywhere from 7 to 14 days of recovery from visible symptoms of surgery. The changes and healing that occur inside the body can take up to a year to fully settle in some cases. Each type of surgery generally has its own healing timeline that can be provided to you by your plastic surgeon.
Laser treatments are generally from 30 to 90 minutes in duration. They often require no preparatory instructions. Laser treatments for the face and body generally require more than one treatment to achieve substantial improvements to the treatment area. The deciding factor can be heavily based on how many treatments you can fit into your lifestyle.
Continue reading Laser vs. Surgery: What’s the Right Choice for You? Part 2 as we discuss additional important deciding factors like budget, skin type, scarring, and much more!
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- ClearLift And How It Works
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- ND-YAG Laser
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Safety of Laser Treatments
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Scar Treatments
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.