My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
I had read about laser skin therapy in magazines and had seen before and after pictures of what it could accomplish.
At first, I thought it was very interesting and that the results on people’s faces were quite amazing . . . but never once did I consider it for myself. There was no doubt that the effects of time were becoming evident on my face. Crow’s feet around my eyes, tiny lines forming above my lip, sagging jowls . . . sigh! Obviously, other people were beginning to notice the changes in my face as well, because when Mother’s Day rolled around, I was presented with a gift certificate for laser skin therapy from my daughter. Hmmm, should I be offended or grateful?
I swallowed my pride, then turned on my computer and punched in the address to Dr. Cory Torgerson’s website. After all, I needed to read up about the doctor and the clinic I’d be visiting. For the next hour, I read about the AFT laser treatment (because that’s what the gift certificate was for), the facial cosmetic clinic in Yorkville, Toronto, and about Dr. Torgerson’s credentials. The website was professionally done, and the clinic looked amazing, so I took the plunge and called for an appointment.
A couple of weeks later, when I arrived at the clinic, I was surprised at how warmly the girls in the office greeted me. I was treated as if I were a long-lost relative rather than a number at my local walk-in clinic. I’m not sure what I was expecting, but Dr. Torgerson was a lot warmer and friendlier than I’d anticipated. He assessed my face, explained a little more about the AFT laser procedure, and was very patient with my copious amount of questions. Before I left the consultation, he introduced me to the registered nurse who would be performing the session. She walked me through some paperwork and was very thorough in finding out what medications I was on, whether I was allergic to anything, etc. By the time I left the consultation, I felt completely at ease about my upcoming laser treatment and confident that my daughter had chosen a well-qualified doctor with experienced staff.
The day of my appointment, I took a Tylenol about an hour before the procedure. The nurse spread a topical anaesthetic on my face and explained that with each pulse of the laser, I would feel like I’d been snapped with a rubber band. Before starting, she made sure I was lying down comfortably and asked if I had any more questions. I held my breath and tightened as the treatment started, but it ended up being exactly how she’d described it. I definitely knew each time the laser zapped me, but was pleasantly surprised that the treatment was completely tolerable and only took about 30 minutes.
Immediately, my face felt tight as if I’d been out in the sun for too long. The nurse assessed me and said how pleased she was with the results. As she handed me the mirror, I must say I was a little skeptical that there’d be that much noticeable change already. Although my face was a little pink, I was pleasantly surprised, because it actually did look like my face was smoother and my crow’s feet looked less noticeable! I was able to drive myself home afterwards and didn’t feel sick at all that evening.
The first day after my treatment, I was still a little pink, but my complexion was back to normal by the third day. What I think was the most dramatic change was how bright and fresh I looked afterwards. It seemed to revive my appearance, as if I’d had a long vacation! Was I pleased? Absolutely! Would I do it again? You bet! I was ecstatic with the results and would recommend Dr. Torgerson and his excellent staff to anyone considering laser skin therapy.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- ND-YAG Laser
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Safety Of Laser Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Scar Treatments
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.