Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
Our skin is the largest organ we have, and it covers and protects all other organs and systems such as the central nervous system, the digestive system, etc.
Its importance is usually taken for granted or completely disregarded. Although most of our skin is covered with clothing, our faces are exposed and bear the repercussions of sun, wind, and other elements. Just as any external surface exposed to the elements requires consistent maintenance, our faces are no exception.
Prepare Your Skin to Get the Most Benefits
Consistent Skincare Regime
Dr. Cory Torgerson adamantly maintains that the best corrective measure anyone can take in the fight against aging is to religiously care for their skin. A consistent skincare regime should begin in a person’s early twenties and be maintained thereafter. Proper cleansing and the use of quality skin care products cannot be overemphasized. These creams provide the nutrients for the skin that exposure to the sun and weather deplete from it. Vivier skin-optimizing products and Teoxane cosmeceuticals are advocated by Dr. Torgerson and are available for purchase at his facial plastic surgery centre in Yorkville and from his online store.
Skincare also begins internally, and GliSoDin is a nutritional supplement that is also available at the clinic. This supplement contains a patented antioxidant enzyme, often called the enzyme of life, that reduces free radicals in our system. Aging skin is the damage that is most often caused by these free radicals. GliSoDin not only benefits the skin, it also prepares the skin to get the most benefits from any cosmetic procedure.
Reputable Clinic That Is Certified and Recognized in Ontario
Preparation for the Laser Procedure
No matter what laser treatment you and Dr. Torgerson have chosen, and no matter if you are wanting to tighten the skin or target an imperfection in the skin, there are several things that should be done in preparation for your laser procedure. It would be in your best interest to stop smoking 2 weeks prior to the treatment and at least 2 weeks afterwards. Smoking dries out the skin and causes the procedure to be less effective. It also prolongs the healing process. Supplements such as aspirin, vitamin E, and ibuprofen should be avoided, as they cause excess thinning of the blood. Candidates should also stay out of the sun for a couple of weeks prior to receiving laser and several weeks afterwards. The skin will be more tender and, therefore, more susceptible to sunburn. It is recommended that hats be worn as a protective measure after receiving laser skin resurfacing.
Although laser therapy is now being offered at many laser centres, it is recommended that you choose a reputable clinic that is certified and recognized in Ontario with a well-known physician as the medical director in order to minimize complications. Not only is Dr. Torgerson a licensed facial plastic surgeon, but he is also an experienced and certified ear, nose, and throat surgeon. By choosing to receive your laser skin resurfacing at his downtown Toronto laser clinic, you place yourself in good hands. He uses only qualified personnel to assist in the administering of laser procedures, because he wants to ensure that you receive the results you desire in the safest possible manner.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- ND-YAG Laser
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Treating Acne with CO2
- Safety of Laser Treatments
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Scar Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- Ablative Laser Treatments
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.