Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
Laser skin therapy is just one of several innovative procedures taking the facial cosmetic world by storm.
Anti-aging treatments and skin care are now important considerations for most people. An allocation for cosmetic treatments is becoming normal when adults calculate their financial budgets. If you are considering a cosmetic laser procedure, it is only prudent to have a complete understanding of that treatment and the safety tips that are recommended for it.
Some Laser Therapies Are Not Recommended for All Skin Types
Reputable Facial Cosmetic Surgeon
The first recommendation is that you choose a reputable facial cosmetic surgeon such as Dr. Cory Torgerson, who employs qualified staff to administer the laser. Laser therapy is safe and effective in removing facial imperfections and reducing the signs of aging. Remember that safety and top results are only possible if laser treatments are administered by trained professionals at a reputable clinic.
Don’t be shy to ask whether the clinic you have chosen has received certification from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. It will give you peace of mind if you know that the clinic and the professional are both properly approved.
Next, do your research about the type of laser best suited to your needs. Read about the different types of laser skin therapy so you know what to expect during the procedure, the aftereffects it may cause, and whether you will need to schedule time off work to recuperate. Make sure you are clear in your own mind about the results you desire so that you choose the correct laser therapy.
It is important to know that some laser therapies are not recommended for all skin types. For example, darker skin tones aren’t able to undergo some methods of skin resurfacing.
Exciting Option To Minimize The Signs Of Aging
Laser Treatment Consultation
Don’t just walk off the street and undergo a laser treatment. Make sure you take the time to have a consultation where you can ask pertinent questions about things such as the risks involved, the cost of the treatment, and whether there are any side effects associated with the laser therapy you’ve chosen. For your own safety, be completely honest with the professional by revealing all aspects of your medical history, what medications you are currently taking, and whether you’ve had any previous skin problems.
Once you’ve made the decision to go forward with laser therapy, it is in your best interest to refrain from smoking 2 weeks before the appointment and for several weeks after treatment. Smoking not only dries out your skin, it may also hinder the effects of the laser. Ibuprofen and aspirin thin the blood and should not be taken 2 weeks prior to a laser treatment. Sunbathing should be restricted prior to a session as well.
Laser recipients should also stay out of the sun for several weeks after therapy because it may damage the tender, new skin cells. Following any instructions you have been given after laser therapy is important, especially if medication has been prescribed to guard against infection.
As mentioned previously, laser skin therapy is an exciting option for those seeking to maintain their complexion and minimize the signs of aging. Following these tips will ensure that you obtain the incredible results laser can achieve for you. If you are interested in a laser treatment, please contact Dr. Torgerson’s laser centre today!
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- ClearLift And How It Works
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- ND-YAG Laser
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Safety of Laser Treatments
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Scar Treatments
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.