Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
Laser skin therapy is just one of several innovative procedures taking the facial cosmetic world by storm.
Anti-aging treatments and skin care are now important considerations for most people. An allocation for cosmetic treatments is becoming normal when adults calculate their financial budgets. If you are considering a cosmetic laser procedure, it is only prudent to have a complete understanding of that treatment and the safety tips that are recommended for it.
Some Laser Therapies Are Not Recommended for All Skin Types
Reputable Facial Cosmetic Surgeon
The first recommendation is that you choose a reputable facial cosmetic surgeon such as Dr. Cory Torgerson, who employs qualified staff to administer the laser. Laser therapy is safe and effective in removing facial imperfections and reducing the signs of aging. Remember that safety and top results are only possible if laser treatments are administered by trained professionals at a reputable clinic.
Don’t be shy to ask whether the clinic you have chosen has received certification from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. It will give you peace of mind if you know that the clinic and the professional are both properly approved.
Next, do your research about the type of laser best suited to your needs. Read about the different types of laser skin therapy so you know what to expect during the procedure, the aftereffects it may cause, and whether you will need to schedule time off work to recuperate. Make sure you are clear in your own mind about the results you desire so that you choose the correct laser therapy.
It is important to know that some laser therapies are not recommended for all skin types. For example, darker skin tones aren’t able to undergo some methods of skin resurfacing.
Exciting Option To Minimize The Signs Of Aging
Laser Treatment Consultation
Don’t just walk off the street and undergo a laser treatment. Make sure you take the time to have a consultation where you can ask pertinent questions about things such as the risks involved, the cost of the treatment, and whether there are any side effects associated with the laser therapy you’ve chosen. For your own safety, be completely honest with the professional by revealing all aspects of your medical history, what medications you are currently taking, and whether you’ve had any previous skin problems.
Once you’ve made the decision to go forward with laser therapy, it is in your best interest to refrain from smoking 2 weeks before the appointment and for several weeks after treatment. Smoking not only dries out your skin, it may also hinder the effects of the laser. Ibuprofen and aspirin thin the blood and should not be taken 2 weeks prior to a laser treatment. Sunbathing should be restricted prior to a session as well.
Laser recipients should also stay out of the sun for several weeks after therapy because it may damage the tender, new skin cells. Following any instructions you have been given after laser therapy is important, especially if medication has been prescribed to guard against infection.
As mentioned previously, laser skin therapy is an exciting option for those seeking to maintain their complexion and minimize the signs of aging. Following these tips will ensure that you obtain the incredible results laser can achieve for you. If you are interested in a laser treatment, please contact Dr. Torgerson’s laser centre today!
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- ND-YAG Laser
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Treating Acne with CO2
- Safety of Laser Treatments
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Scar Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- Ablative Laser Treatments
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.