Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
Plastic surgery centres such as the one operated by Dr. Cory Torgerson in the heart of Toronto offer clients far more than just surgical procedures.
Although facelifts were once the only option to offset the signs of aging, modern science and technology now offer a plethora of choices. As more Boomers and Millennials become conscious about looking as vibrant as possible, more options are available to aid that choice.
Laser Therapy Enables The Skin’s Own Collagen Production
Minimize Facial Imperfections
Laser skin therapy is just one of the facial cosmetic procedures that Dr. Torgerson offers at his Toronto laser clinic. Using controlled heat, lasers are able to tighten sagging skin, reduce fine lines and wrinkles, and minimize facial imperfections. Laser therapy enables the skin’s own collagen production, which continues to produce a glowing complexion long after the treatment.
For over half a century, lasers have been used for cosmetic purposes. The technology has advanced and the laser machines are so improved that the side effects of laser skin therapy are basically insignificant. It is recommended that you read articles about laser therapy and ensure that you take time for a consultation prior to undergoing any laser treatment. Although side effects are minimal, Dr. Torgerson highly recommends that you understand what to expect and have a realistic expectation of the outcome. All of these things can be discussed in a consultation.
ClearLift and AFT laser therapies are both considered light-weight treatments. They are recommended for rejuvenating a dull complexion, tightening fine lines, and dealing with superficial facial flaws. Immediately following one of these procedures, the face will feel tight, similar to being in the sun for too long. The pigmentation of the skin may turn slightly pink and appear swollen. This is due to the laser heat being administered to underlying skin tissue and is considered normal. Within 24 to 72 hours, the swelling will be gone and the skin tone will return to normal.
Address Deeper Wrinkles nd More Complex Facial Imperfections
iPixel erbium and CO2 laser therapies
iPixel erbium and CO2 laser therapies are both considered heavy-weight treatments. They are excellent methods to address deeper wrinkles and more complex facial imperfections. Following one of these procedures, the face may have a burning sensation, which can be minimized with cold cloths or ice packs. Swelling, itching, and red patches are common side effects. Because the underlying tissue has been treated and the skin is exposed, Dr. Torgerson will prescribe antibiotics to prevent infection as well as pain medication to minimize any discomfort from the side effects. The healing process will require 3 to 7 days to complete. During this time, it is normal for the old skin to turn brown and then peel off. At first, the new layer of skin will appear lighter-looking than your normal complexion and will require sunscreen to protect it from the sun when you go outdoors.
These side effects or irritations are considered normal after undergoing laser skin therapy. If you have any further concerns or questions, please feel free to book a consultation with Dr. Torgerson. He can assess what type of laser treatment would benefit your skin the most and show you before and after photos of satisfied laser therapy clients.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- ClearLift And How It Works
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- ND-YAG Laser
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Safety of Laser Treatments
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Scar Treatments
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?