Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
Plastic surgery centres such as the one operated by Dr. Cory Torgerson in the heart of Toronto offer clients far more than just surgical procedures.
Although facelifts were once the only option to offset the signs of aging, modern science and technology now offer a plethora of choices. As more Boomers and Millennials become conscious about looking as vibrant as possible, more options are available to aid that choice.
Laser Therapy Enables The Skin’s Own Collagen Production
Minimize Facial Imperfections
Laser skin therapy is just one of the facial cosmetic procedures that Dr. Torgerson offers at his Toronto laser clinic. Using controlled heat, lasers are able to tighten sagging skin, reduce fine lines and wrinkles, and minimize facial imperfections. Laser therapy enables the skin’s own collagen production, which continues to produce a glowing complexion long after the treatment.
For over half a century, lasers have been used for cosmetic purposes. The technology has advanced and the laser machines are so improved that the side effects of laser skin therapy are basically insignificant. It is recommended that you read articles about laser therapy and ensure that you take time for a consultation prior to undergoing any laser treatment. Although side effects are minimal, Dr. Torgerson highly recommends that you understand what to expect and have a realistic expectation of the outcome. All of these things can be discussed in a free consultation.
ClearLift and AFT laser therapies are both considered light-weight treatments. They are recommended for rejuvenating a dull complexion, tightening fine lines, and dealing with superficial facial flaws. Immediately following one of these procedures, the face will feel tight, similar to being in the sun for too long. The pigmentation of the skin may turn slightly pink and appear swollen. This is due to the laser heat being administered to underlying skin tissue and is considered normal. Within 24 to 72 hours, the swelling will be gone and the skin tone will return to normal.
Address Deeper Wrinkles And More Complex Facial Imperfections
iPixel erbium and CO2 laser therapies
iPixel erbium and CO2 laser therapies are both considered heavy-weight treatments. They are excellent methods to address deeper wrinkles and more complex facial imperfections. Following one of these procedures, the face may have a burning sensation, which can be minimized with cold cloths or ice packs. Swelling, itching, and red patches are common side effects. Because the underlying tissue has been treated and the skin is exposed, Dr. Torgerson will prescribe antibiotics to prevent infection as well as pain medication to minimize any discomfort from the side effects. The healing process will require 3 to 7 days to complete. During this time, it is normal for the old skin to turn brown and then peel off. At first, the new layer of skin will appear lighter-looking than your normal complexion and will require sunscreen to protect it from the sun when you go outdoors.
These side effects or irritations are considered normal after undergoing laser skin therapy. If you have any further concerns or questions, please feel free to book a complimentary consultation with Dr. Torgerson. He can assess what type of laser treatment would benefit your skin the most and show you before and after photos of satisfied laser therapy clients.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Safety Of Laser Treatments
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Scar Treatments
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- ND-YAG Laser
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- ClearLift And How It Works
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- Ablative Laser Treatments
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.