How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments?
Deep fractional laser treatments are invasive skin-resurfacing treatments that deeply ablate the skin to reveal fresh, new, healthy cells on the surface of the skin.
Deep fractional laser treatments are ideal for people who are experiencing surface irregularities such as acne scarring, wrinkles and sun damage as well as many other skin conditions that otherwise would not be improved with creams, dermal fillers, or other remedies.
Fractional laser treatments are usually performed under local or general anaesthesia. Dr. Torgerson often pairs facelift procedures with CO2 fractional treatments for his mature patients as part of their surgical agenda in rejuvenating their face.
Treatments Can Be Customized To The Patient’s Needs
Local And Topical Anesthetics
Less invasive deep fractional treatments like the Fotona deep micro-ablation treatments can be performed with local and topical anesthetics. Treatments can be customized to the patient’s needs for improvements, thus creating a highly advanced customizable treatment suited to individual patients.
Post-fractional laser treatment care is a very important component in how the results are achieved in the treated skin. Patients who undergo laser fractional treatments must take great care in how they treat their skin following their procedures.
Below we discuss the top deep fractional laser treatment aftercare instructions that must not be overlooked if you want to achieve dramatically improved results.
Warning: The instructions are for educational purposes only and should not replace your plastic surgeon’s specific instructions. They are not comprehensive in all aspects of post-treatment care.
Immediately After Treatment
- If you wear contact lenses, avoid wearing them until ALL of the swelling from the eye area has resolved.
- Icing of the face or treatment area can help reduce immediate post-treatment discomfort. Avoid direct skin contact with the ice and always have a protective barrier between the ice and the skin.
- Keep your skin moisturized and protected with occlusive ointment such as Aquaphor or Vaseline.
- Apple cider vinegar solution is a great natural astringent that can assist with the healing process. Your plastic surgeon will provide the ingredients for this.
Cleanse with gentle cleanser and keep skin covered with Aquaphor or Vaseline for the first 2 days after your resurfacing treatment.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Patients should continue to use their prescribed ointment, Aquaphor or Vaseline, for the first 2 days and switch to nights only for the third and fourth day.
- Gentle skin moisturizer can be used after Day 5 post-procedure.
- Patients should continue to use a gentle moisturizer day and night after the fourth day.
- Your doctor/technician will advise you when you can return to your normal skincare regime and to using active ingredients (usually 14 days).
- Always wash your hands before touching your skin.
- If medication was prescribed for you, continue to take as directed.
- Never let the skin feel dry or tight. Always keep it moisturized.
- Do not pick at your skin. Allow the natural process of exfoliation to take its course. Picking can cause further skin damage and should be avoided at all costs.
- Discontinue any personal products that cause burning or discomfort.
- Patients should use their own discretion when resuming the use of their recommended skin care products. Early usage can cause irritation to the skin. Any products that cause burning or discomfort should be used after the 1-week follow-up appointment.
- You may begin using your own personal skin care products after 2 weeks. If irritations occur, wait a few more days before proceeding with products again.
Contact our office today to schedule your consultation with one of our skin specialists to discuss your options for CO2 laser facial-resurfacing procedures.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- ClearLift And How It Works
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- ND-YAG Laser
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Safety of Laser Treatments
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Scar Treatments
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.