The Purpose of Laser Light
The word “laser” has become a household word because it has been incorporated by the medical world for over half a century.
Although it is a common term, few people actually know what it stands for, and fewer still understand its purpose. Most people know that laser has something to do with the use of light . . . it is actually an acronym for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation.
Laser Is Also Effective For The Removal Of Birthmarks, Moles, And Brown Age Spots
Laser light is very different than the light emitted by a light bulb. Three different categories set laser light apart under the umbrella of stimulated emission. Firstly, a laser is monochromatic, meaning it has a specific wavelength. Secondly, laser light is coherent, meaning the wavelengths are the same frequency. And thirdly, laser light is directional and focused. When an atom releases its energy, it becomes a particle of light. A laser is a device that controls the wavelength or colour of the light, organizes that light, and ensures that it is directional. Hence, the term laser beam.
The use of laser light is ever expanding, as medical science continues to discover more applications for it and the benefits that laser offers. Dr. Cory Torgerson’s private laser centre in Toronto offers his clients laser for cosmetic purposes. Several types of laser skin-resurfacing options are available, and each one accomplishes different things. The very first laser procedure was used by a surgeon in 1961 to remove a tattoo, and it is still used for that purpose today. Since then, the laser instruments and techniques used in modern clinics have been modified and much improved.
Laser is also effective for the removal of birthmarks, moles, and brown age spots. Laser light is able to smooth out uneven pigmentation and sun damage. Dr. Torgerson is a licensed cosmetic surgeon and is able to use laser to minimize acne scars as well as scars due to trauma. Laser therapy is capable of removing dead surface skin and brightening the complexion, thereby acquiring the term laser skin resurfacing. Last, but definitely not least, laser is very effective in lessening the appearance of fine lines and facial wrinkles, helping to tighten and refresh the skin.
See What This Incredible Technology Can Accomplish
Other types of surgeons use laser in their specific genres. For example, ophthalmologists use laser to correct vision and repair detached retinas. General surgeons are able to remove polyps in the bowel, remove kidney stones, or shrink tumors.
Laser is able to cauterize, or seal, nerve endings in order to reduce the patient’s pain level after surgery. It is also capable of cauterizing blood vessels, which minimizes bleeding. This has been extremely beneficial in curtailing problems due to excessive bleeding after operations. In recent years, it has been discovered that laser is able to treat the early stages of cancer when it is used alongside radiation or chemotherapy.
Internal surgeries guide the laser light through an endoscopic tube to the area needed, whereas cosmetic surgeries are performed with the use of handheld devices.
If you have been self-conscious due to acne scars or simply desire to take advantage of laser’s ability to lessen the signs of aging, book a consultation today. Why not see what this incredible technology can accomplish for you?
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Safety Of Laser Treatments
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Scar Treatments
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- ND-YAG Laser
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- ClearLift And How It Works
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- Ablative Laser Treatments
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.