Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
Sagging skin on the face, stomach, arms, and/or other areas of the body can be very stressful to the majority of people.
Though it can make someone appear older and out of shape, for many people, this is a natural part of the aging process.
No matter how hard some may try to work out and eliminate skin sagging, it still happens. In the past, plastic surgery would be the standard recommendation for sagging skin, such as getting a face lift or a tummy tuck. Throughout the past decade, new non-surgical procedures have come to the forefront to provide ways to tighten skin without having to go under the knife.
Laser skin tightening is a method that has been used by many doctors to maximize the results achieved in a safe, efficient manner. Many skin-tightening advertisements can be misleading, but the results speak for themselves when it comes to laser skin tightening.
Works By Using The Body’s Natural Collagen And Elastin
How Does It Work?
Tight, firm skin should snap back or tighten after it has been pulled away from the body. This elasticity is dependent upon healthy collagen and elastin fibres, which act like small rubber bands holding the epidermis tight against our bodies. There are a number of ways in which these collagen and elastin fibres can become damaged, such as through sun damage via ultraviolet lights, aging, smoking, stress, excessive alcohol intake, lifestyle, and an unhealthy diet. These all cause the skin to gradually loosen and sag.
Any laser skin tightening technology works by using the body’s natural collagen and elastin, stimulating growth and causing the body to repair itself. When collagen and elastin are heated, they tend to shrink and/or tighten, slowly remodeling to new collagen and elastic formation. When this happens, the deep dermis contracts and becomes firmer, tightening in the process. This can be accomplished through a heated laser penetrating deep underneath the skin while effective cooling devices are used to cool the surface.
Recommended To Be Spread Out Over 3 Or 4 Treatments
Getting to Know Laser Skin Tightening
Past lasers required long recovery times, prolonged redness, and sometimes difficulties with pigmentation after the procedure. Today’s laser skin tightening corrects all of these issues, providing instantaneous recovery, no long-term redness beyond the hour following the procedure, and no pigmentation problems. The newest laser skin-tightening techniques use small beams to treat specific areas in the most precise manner.
Commonly used to address skin sagging issues on the face, laser skin tightening typically is recommended to be spread out over 3 or 4 treatments. It is important for patients to keep in mind that new collagen and elastin production will not occur until 6 months after your last treatment. It does take time to see results.
Find a Doctor Who Can Perform High-Quality Laser Skin Tightening
Depending on how much loose skin you have and where it is located, alternative methods may be recommended. Keep in mind that any wrinkles, sun damage, or sagging issues can be addressed and repaired through the use of a skilled facial cosmetic professional. When it comes to finding the right doctor to perform laser skin tightening, it is always recommended to go with a certified plastic surgeon, as these are the highest authorities on such procedures. Choosing a doctor who is specifically versed in laser skin tightening should be a major focus of any doctor search. Do your homework and don’t be afraid to ask questions.
If you are looking for more information on the costs, risks, and benefits of laser skin tightening, please contact Dr. Torgerson: (647)343-0207. Dr. Torgerson is one of Toronto’s top laser skin-tightening treatment specialists, and he can provide a thorough skin assessment and advise you on the most appropriate treatment options for what you want to achieve.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- ND-YAG Laser
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Safety Of Laser Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Scar Treatments
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.