Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
Laser has become a popular alternative for men and women who are investigating ways that enable them to look their best at any age.
It’s no longer the over-50 crowd who are visiting private surgery centres – younger millennials have realized that regular skin maintenance pays off in huge dividends. The benefits are a glowing complexion, tighter skin, and a more youthful appearance as they age. Because laser treatments are not as invasive as regular surgery, they have become a favourite facial cosmetic procedure.
Young Skin Is Stimulated And Produced
Targeting The Outer Layers Of Skin
Two types of laser skin resurfacing that Dr. Cory Torgerson offers at his Toronto Laser Centre are the CO2 fractionated laser and the iPixel erbium laser. Both of these procedures use laser light to target the outer layers of skin, removing the dead cells and eventually revealing a fresh, new layer of skin underneath. This is where the term “laser skin resurfacing” is derived from, because the face is literally resurfaced so that vibrant, young skin is stimulated and produced. Both the CO2 laser as well as the iPixel erbium laser are considered ablative procedures, because they cause the removal of tissue and they both require time for the skin to heal.
Skin resurfacing is not only effective for individuals who want to minimize wrinkles and tighten their skin, it is also excellent for reducing facial flaws. These defects include acne scars, regular scars, dark age spots, sun damage, and lesions.
Both of these skin resurfacing procedures are effective, but the consensus among all facial cosmetic surgeons is that CO2 laser therapy is the gold standard in the industry. It is impossible to determine which type of laser skin resurfacing would achieve the results you desire without booking a consultation with Dr. Cory Torgerson. You will find his beautiful laser centre quite accessible in the heart of Yorkville, downtown Toronto.
The Most Aggressive Form Of Skin Resurfacing
C02 laser therapy is the most aggressive form of skin resurfacing offered by Dr. Torgerson. His clinic uses the latest, state-of-the-art CO2 fractional system, which incorporates fractionated, or short-pulsed, beams. The light heats up the epidermis (top layer of skin), causing the dead cells to vaporize, and simultaneously stimulates fresh collagen production. The new fractionated method distributes the heat evenly in short, pulsed concentrations over the face. As the treated layer of skin heals, the targeted tissue below also tightens. C02 laser does require conscious sedation as well as a week of downtime for the healing process to take place. The transformation that can be accomplished with this type of laser therapy is amazing, but because it is more invasive than any other type of skin resurfacing, Dr. Torgerson advises that only a reputable laser centre with qualified personnel perform the procedure.
iPixel erbium laser also removes the outer layer of skin and promotes new collagen growth with the use of a micro-optic lens. Pixel-sized dots are targeted by the heat, and the depth of the laser is controlled and determined by the client’s skin type. Erbium skin resurfacing and skin tightening require less downtime for the skin to heal. Clients will often notice that their skin is tighter immediately following therapy with the sensation of having a sunburn for approximately 3 days.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- ND-YAG Laser
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Safety Of Laser Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Scar Treatments
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.