Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
Laser has become a popular alternative for men and women who are investigating ways that enable them to look their best at any age.
It’s no longer the over-50 crowd who are visiting private surgery centres – younger millennials have realized that regular skin maintenance pays off in huge dividends. The benefits are a glowing complexion, tighter skin, and a more youthful appearance as they age. Because laser treatments are not as invasive as regular surgery, they have become a favourite facial cosmetic procedure.
Young Skin Is Stimulated And Produced
Targeting The Outer Layers Of Skin
Two types of laser skin resurfacing that Dr. Cory Torgerson offers at his Toronto Laser Centre are the CO2 fractionated laser and the iPixel erbium laser. Both of these procedures use laser light to target the outer layers of skin, removing the dead cells and eventually revealing a fresh, new layer of skin underneath. This is where the term “laser skin resurfacing” is derived from, because the face is literally resurfaced so that vibrant, young skin is stimulated and produced. Both the CO2 laser as well as the iPixel erbium laser are considered ablative procedures, because they cause the removal of tissue and they both require time for the skin to heal.
Skin resurfacing is not only effective for individuals who want to minimize wrinkles and tighten their skin, it is also excellent for reducing facial flaws. These defects include acne scars, regular scars, dark age spots, sun damage, and lesions.
Both of these skin resurfacing procedures are effective, but the consensus among all facial cosmetic surgeons is that CO2 laser therapy is the gold standard in the industry. It is impossible to determine which type of laser skin resurfacing would achieve the results you desire without booking a consultation with Dr. Cory Torgerson. You will find his beautiful laser centre quite accessible in the heart of Yorkville, downtown Toronto.
The Most Aggressive Form Of Skin Resurfacing
C02 laser therapy is the most aggressive form of skin resurfacing offered by Dr. Torgerson. His clinic uses the latest, state-of-the-art CO2 fractional system, which incorporates fractionated, or short-pulsed, beams. The light heats up the epidermis (top layer of skin), causing the dead cells to vaporize, and simultaneously stimulates fresh collagen production. The new fractionated method distributes the heat evenly in short, pulsed concentrations over the face. As the treated layer of skin heals, the targeted tissue below also tightens. C02 laser does require conscious sedation as well as a week of downtime for the healing process to take place. The transformation that can be accomplished with this type of laser therapy is amazing, but because it is more invasive than any other type of skin resurfacing, Dr. Torgerson advises that only a reputable laser centre with qualified personnel perform the procedure.
iPixel erbium laser also removes the outer layer of skin and promotes new collagen growth with the use of a micro-optic lens. Pixel-sized dots are targeted by the heat, and the depth of the laser is controlled and determined by the client’s skin type. Erbium skin resurfacing and skin tightening require less downtime for the skin to heal. Clients will often notice that their skin is tighter immediately following therapy with the sensation of having a sunburn for approximately 3 days.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- ND-YAG Laser
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Treating Acne with CO2
- Safety of Laser Treatments
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Scar Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- Ablative Laser Treatments
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.