Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
Laser has become a popular alternative for men and women who are investigating ways that enable them to look their best at any age.
It’s no longer the over-50 crowd who are visiting private surgery centres – younger millennials have realized that regular skin maintenance pays off in huge dividends. The benefits are a glowing complexion, tighter skin, and a more youthful appearance as they age. Because laser treatments are not as invasive as regular surgery, they have become a favourite facial cosmetic procedure.
Young Skin Is Stimulated And Produced
Targeting The Outer Layers Of Skin
Two types of laser skin resurfacing that Dr. Cory Torgerson offers at his Toronto Laser Centre are the CO2 fractionated laser and the iPixel erbium laser. Both of these procedures use laser light to target the outer layers of skin, removing the dead cells and eventually revealing a fresh, new layer of skin underneath. This is where the term “laser skin resurfacing” is derived from, because the face is literally resurfaced so that vibrant, young skin is stimulated and produced. Both the CO2 laser as well as the iPixel erbium laser are considered ablative procedures, because they cause the removal of tissue and they both require time for the skin to heal.
Skin resurfacing is not only effective for individuals who want to minimize wrinkles and tighten their skin, it is also excellent for reducing facial flaws. These defects include acne scars, regular scars, dark age spots, sun damage, and lesions.
Both of these skin resurfacing procedures are effective, but the consensus among all facial cosmetic surgeons is that CO2 laser therapy is the gold standard in the industry. It is impossible to determine which type of laser skin resurfacing would achieve the results you desire without booking a consultation with Dr. Cory Torgerson. You will find his beautiful laser centre quite accessible in the heart of Yorkville, downtown Toronto.
The Most Aggressive Form Of Skin Resurfacing
C02 laser therapy is the most aggressive form of skin resurfacing offered by Dr. Torgerson. His clinic uses the latest, state-of-the-art CO2 fractional system, which incorporates fractionated, or short-pulsed, beams. The light heats up the epidermis (top layer of skin), causing the dead cells to vaporize, and simultaneously stimulates fresh collagen production. The new fractionated method distributes the heat evenly in short, pulsed concentrations over the face. As the treated layer of skin heals, the targeted tissue below also tightens. C02 laser does require conscious sedation as well as a week of downtime for the healing process to take place. The transformation that can be accomplished with this type of laser therapy is amazing, but because it is more invasive than any other type of skin resurfacing, Dr. Torgerson advises that only a reputable laser centre with qualified personnel perform the procedure.
iPixel erbium laser also removes the outer layer of skin and promotes new collagen growth with the use of a micro-optic lens. Pixel-sized dots are targeted by the heat, and the depth of the laser is controlled and determined by the client’s skin type. Erbium skin resurfacing and skin tightening require less downtime for the skin to heal. Clients will often notice that their skin is tighter immediately following therapy with the sensation of having a sunburn for approximately 3 days.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- ClearLift And How It Works
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- ND-YAG Laser
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Safety of Laser Treatments
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Scar Treatments
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.