Using Laser Treatments to Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
If you’ve never had laser treatments to clear acne scars, this is a wonderful time to give the procedure a look
Among the most effective and safest ways to address acne scars, laser technology has been gaining prominence in facial cosmetic surgery circles for many reasons. Many patients have taken advantage of laser treatment procedures and with excellent results. Before committing to such a treatment, there are a number of things that you should know to make an informed decision.
Laser treatment is a non-ablative treatment, meaning that its energy is sent through the skin without penetrating the top layer of the skin. Retaining the superficial layers of skin means that there are no visible tears after the procedure has been completed. This allows a patient to walk out from our offices with no visible sign that such an extensive facial cosmetic procedure has just been completed.
There Is No Pain
Approximately one hour prior to the treatment procedure, a topical numbing cream is applied to the skin. As a result of this technique, laser treatments are very tolerable. Though a sensation may be felt for a few minutes after the procedure, this is similar in intensity to what a sunburn feels like. This is only apparent after the procedure has been completed, and if it does prove to be an inconvenience, patients are encouraged to apply ice packs to the area in question.
Laser Treatments are Intended to be Performed in a Series
To get the most out of laser treatments, patients are encouraged to receive treatments in a series. For example, after 2 to 3 laser treatments, a patient should begin seeing the significant improvement of acne scars. Some patients require up to 4 laser treatments for optimal improvement. Depending on the extent of skin damage, an appropriate number of treatment sessions will be recommended.
Laser Technology Is Not Just Used to Treat Acne Scars
Laser technology is used for a range of different purposes. Throughout your treatment sessions, you should see improvement in the appearance of dark spots from old acne as well as in the general texture of your skin. The laser technology treatment process stimulates skin cell renewal, also leading to healthier skin and all-around skin rejuvenation. This makes it ideal for anyone seeking additional positive side effects.
Laser Treatments Have Almost No Downtime
There is virtually no downtime associated with laser treatment for acne scars. Some patients choose to set aside 2 or 3 days following each treatment session just to give themselves some time to relax. Makeup, sunscreen, and moisturizer can all be applied immediately after treatment.
Since the surface of the skin remains intact throughout the procedure, any patient can run errands or go to work immediately afterwards. In the most extreme cases of side effects, some patients may experience slight swelling and an appearance of a sunburn in the 2 to 3 days following treatment.
If you are looking for more information on what to expect from using laser treatment sessions specifically to address acne scarring, we invite you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Torgerson’s Yorkville laser clinic by calling 647-343-0207 or by emailing today. Dr. Torgerson, one of Toronto’s top laser treatment specialists, can provide a thorough skin assessment and can advise you on the most appropriate treatment options available to address and improve your acne scarring.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- ND-YAG Laser
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Safety Of Laser Treatments
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Scar Treatments
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.