Using Laser Treatments to Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
If you’ve never had laser treatments to clear acne scars, this is a wonderful time to give the procedure a look
Among the most effective and safest ways to address acne scars, laser technology has been gaining prominence in facial cosmetic surgery circles for many reasons. Many patients have taken advantage of laser treatment procedures and with excellent results. Before committing to such a treatment, there are a number of things that you should know to make an informed decision.
Laser treatment is a non-ablative treatment, meaning that its energy is sent through the skin without penetrating the top layer of the skin. Retaining the superficial layers of skin means that there are no visible tears after the procedure has been completed. This allows a patient to walk out from our offices with no visible sign that such an extensive facial cosmetic procedure has just been completed.
There Is No Pain
Approximately one hour prior to the treatment procedure, a topical numbing cream is applied to the skin. As a result of this technique, laser treatments are very tolerable. Though a sensation may be felt for a few minutes after the procedure, this is similar in intensity to what a sunburn feels like. This is only apparent after the procedure has been completed, and if it does prove to be an inconvenience, patients are encouraged to apply ice packs to the area in question.
Laser Treatments are Intended to be Performed in a Series
To get the most out of laser treatments, patients are encouraged to receive treatments in a series. For example, after 2 to 3 laser treatments, a patient should begin seeing the significant improvement of acne scars. Some patients require up to 4 laser treatments for optimal improvement. Depending on the extent of skin damage, an appropriate number of treatment sessions will be recommended.
Laser Technology Is Not Just Used to Treat Acne Scars
Laser technology is used for a range of different purposes. Throughout your treatment sessions, you should see improvement in the appearance of dark spots from old acne as well as in the general texture of your skin. The laser technology treatment process stimulates skin cell renewal, also leading to healthier skin and all-around skin rejuvenation. This makes it ideal for anyone seeking additional positive side effects.
Laser Treatments Have Almost No Downtime
There is virtually no downtime associated with laser treatment for acne scars. Some patients choose to set aside 2 or 3 days following each treatment session just to give themselves some time to relax. Makeup, sunscreen, and moisturizer can all be applied immediately after treatment.
Since the surface of the skin remains intact throughout the procedure, any patient can run errands or go to work immediately afterwards. In the most extreme cases of side effects, some patients may experience slight swelling and an appearance of a sunburn in the 2 to 3 days following treatment.
If you are looking for more information on what to expect from using laser treatment sessions specifically to address acne scarring, we invite you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Torgerson’s Yorkville laser clinic by calling 647-343-0207 or by emailing today. Dr. Torgerson, one of Toronto’s top laser treatment specialists, can provide a thorough skin assessment and can advise you on the most appropriate treatment options available to address and improve your acne scarring.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- ND-YAG Laser
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Treating Acne with CO2
- Safety of Laser Treatments
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Scar Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- Ablative Laser Treatments
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.