What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
Whether you need a serious skin-resurfacing treatment or a light complexion booster, laser treatments are one of the best ways to target irregularities on the face.
This is primarily because the skin on the face is one of the most sensitive areas on the body. The word LASER is defined as an acronym for “light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation”. Laser technology has evolved into a customized treatment program for men and women who want to treat a variety of skin conditions. Let’s take a look at the common questions when it comes to deciding on laser treatments for common skin concerns.
Healing The Pigment Or Tissue
How Do Lasers Work?
Visible light is seen as white light (light bulbs). Laser lights are a focussed beam of light that consists of one colour. The different colours in the laser have different indications for treatments. For example, acne bacteria are killed by visible blue light of wavelengths between 407 and 420 nanometres. The bacteria have pigments in their protective cell membranes that can be targeted with blue light to break down the membrane, eventually killing the bacterium. There are many lasers to treat different skin conditions. When the intense light is concentrated on one area of the skin, the proper use of light therapy has the capacity to destroy the pigment or tissue without harming the surrounding tissue.
What Can Lasers Treat?
- fine lines and wrinkles causes by aging
- photo damage caused by UV radiation
- melasma/hyperpigmentation caused by prolonged sun exposure
- sun spots/age spots caused by years of skin damage from sun radiation
- hypopigmentation caused by melanin depletion
- rosacea caused by abnormalities in the blood vessels of the face
- acne scars caused by infected hair follicles
- dermatological diseases like acne
- scars or birthmarks caused by genetics
- surgical scars
- scars caused by accidents
- scars caused by chemicals
- burn scars
- skin lesions
- mole removal scars
- tattoo removal
- laser hair removal
What Are he Differences In Laser Technology?
There are 3 main laser technologies that are utilized by plastic surgeons and dermatologists for the treatment of various skin conditions. These lasers can be used in combination or independent as a self serving treatment. The lasers include the following:
Radio-Frequency – Radio-frequency waves use heat-generating energy that penetrates deep into the skin, stimulating new collagen and skin retraction – Treatments are typically measured, and areas of treatments are marked for precision control during treatments – The treatment feels like a gentle vibration followed by a heating sensation – Most new technologies cool the upper layer of skin for increased patient comfort during treatments.
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) – IPL is polychromatic light, which is a rainbow of colours that zap irregularities and even out skin tones – Infrared light is used to heat the tissue in the deeper layers of the skin, particularly in the dermis – IPL energy can be delivered more than once to the same area in one session – Also referred to as photo rejuvenation/photo facial/fotofacial – Advanced Fluorescence Technology (AFT) is a new form of IPL laser technology used to treat various skin problems like rosacea, age spots, red vessels, and sun damage-related conditions.
Ultrasound – Uses ultrasonic energy to target the dermal layer of the skin (dermis, deeper level of the skin) – Stimulates new collagen and slowly tightens and lifts the skin – Used to lift sagging skin on the neck, jowls, and face – Can be used in combination with other treatments
Facial Laser Treatments
Laser technology continues to evolve over the years, and the treatments are more readily available to the general public. When considering any facial laser treatments, it is very important to receive the correct information about the lasers that are available for treating conditions on the face. Dr. Torgerson offers consultations to his patients where he can discuss laser treatment options in detail with them while allowing his patients to do their research and make an informed decision. Contact our office if you are interested in facial laser treatments.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- ClearLift And How It Works
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- ND-YAG Laser
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Safety of Laser Treatments
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Scar Treatments
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.