What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
For decades, most people visiting facial plastic surgeons were interested in going under the knife to receive a facelift or a nose job.
That has changed dramatically with the introduction of many other non-invasive, non-surgical cosmetic procedures involving lasers that are now available to reverse the effects of aging. It is now quite easy, as well as affordable, to look as young as possible for as long as possible.
Acne Scars & Brown Age Spots Treatment
Look Your Best
Skin therapy and treatments with lasers are just some of the excellent alternatives that Dr. Cory Torgerson is able to offer clients who desire to look their best, no matter what their age. Although lasers are an exciting method for turning back the clock, it is a misconception to think that laser procedures are only effective for treating age-related concerns. Lasers used for skin therapy are useful for treating many other skin conditions.
One of the most embarrassing aspects of puberty is the onset of acne. Sometimes the acne is so prevalent, it leads to acne scarring, which remains long after puberty is over. No amount of make-up is able to cover the unmistakable holes that the acne has left on the face. Laser skin resurfacing is able to remove the top layer of skin, effectively targeting the acne scars and revealing a fresh layer underneath. If the scarring isn’t too deep, the laser is able to completely remove the scars and uncover the new surface below. If the marks are deep, laser is still able to minimize them substantially, resulting in renewed self-esteem for the recipient. Laser is also very effective in lessening the appearance of regular scars caused by blunt or sharp objects.
Some people experience the formation of brown age spots as they get older. Laser therapy is able to remove them completely or minimize them substantially. Other skin defects such as lesions, spider veins, and moles can also be successfully removed with the use of lasers. Another popular laser treatment is laser tattoo removal, which can effectively remove what was once considered long lasting. Laser tattoo removal, however, does require multiple treatments to be totally effective.
Laser Is Able To Diminish Large Pores On The Cheeks Or Nose
Minimize Sun Damage
Forty or fifty years ago, the public was unaware of the damage that suntanning would cause to the skin. Laser therapy is able to minimize sun damage as well as smooth out a person’s poor complexion caused by uneven pigmentation. Laser is also able to diminish large pores on the cheeks or nose.
So what can laser do about the lines and wrinkles we all experience with age? The type of laser procedure that Dr. Torgerson and his expert team will choose depends on the severity and location of the wrinkles. No matter what type of laser is administered, the result would be minimized lines, tightened skin, and a brightened complexion. The surge in the rise of laser therapy is testimony of its amazing ability to reverse the signs of aging.
If you have any of the above conditions and are curious to know what laser therapy can accomplish for you, come in to our state-of-the-art laser clinic in Yorkville, Toronto. At a private consultation, you will be able to view before and after pictures of happy laser customers and get a sense of which skin rejuvenation procedure will be the best fit for you and your needs!
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- ND-YAG Laser
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Safety Of Laser Treatments
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Scar Treatments
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.