How Long Do Microneedling Results Last?
When making the decision to undergo any treatment, it is natural to wonder how long the results will last.
Many patients exploring their options for microneedling in Toronto often wonder the same thing. To avoid disappointment and establish realistic expectations for the results, it is imperative to understand how the treatment works and what it can do for you.
The Improvement of Skin Texture
A Visible Reduction in Fine Lines and Wrinkles
Microneedling is a non-invasive procedure that has been around for many years. It has gained popularity recently due to its many benefits and its ability to treat a plethora of skin concerns. The treatment itself involves tiny, shallow needles that puncture small holes in the skin. These micro-injuries trigger the body’s natural healing processes as a result, boosting the production of collagen and elastin. As this occurs, micro needling leaves skin rejuvenated with a smoother and more even skin tone.
Micro-needling is able to address a wide variety of skin problems, including acne scarring, hyperpigmentation, pore size, and overall skin tone and texture issues.
A Toronto microneedling treatment penetrates only the most superficial layer of the skin. As a result, the healing process is quick. Following the treatment, most patients are able to resume their day-to-day and professional activities within a few days. Although patients will experience varying degrees of redness and swelling immediately following the procedure, typically the skin heals significantly within 24 to 48 hours.
Going into any treatment, it is important to have realistic expectations regarding the results. The effects of micro-needling, although delivering visible results almost immediately, are not permanent.
The Latest in Microneedling Technology
Providing Incremental Results
Microneedling is gentle and non-invasive. Therefore, it is usually advisable to receive multiple procedures to achieve optimal results. Typically, a maintenance program is recommended to realize the full potential of the treatment.
Furthermore, depending on individual factors, including age, skin type, and the area being treated, many patients require more than one treatment to see visible results. Typically, improvements in tone and texture are visible following the second or third treatment.
Microneedling treatments in Toronto can be repeated every 4 to 6 weeks, with maintenance touch-ups over the next 6 to 12 months. Using a medical-grade skincare regimen following the treatment can also help optimize and prolong the results.
Since no two patients are the same, the best way to determine if microneedling is the best choice for you and how many procedures you will need for optimal results is to consult with a professional.
For people interested in learning more about microneedling treatment in Toronto, Dr. Torgerson is well known as one of the best plastic surgeons in the area. He offers the latest in microneedling technology at his facial cosmetic surgery clinic in downtown Toronto. Putting patient health and comfort first, Dr. Torgerson and his staff pride themselves on their individualized approach to aesthetics. They formulate treatment plans based on each patient’s unique skin care goals and concerns.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 3 Age-Defying Benefits of Toronto Microneedling
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- All You Need to Know About Microneedling with Redensity I
- Everything You Need to Know About Microneedling in Toronto
- Here’s What You Need to Know About Cell Regeneration with Toronto Microneedling
- How Does Toronto Microneedling Work to Smooth Facial Lines?
- How Long Do Microneedling Results Last?
- Micro Needling 101
- Micro-Needling and Ethnic Skin Types
- Microneedling and Redensity 1 - The Perfect Skincare Combination
- Microneedling in Toronto: Is It Better than Laser Treatment for Dark Skin?
- Microneedling Toronto
- Microneedling: A Safe Skin Treatment for Ethnic and Darker Skin
- Must-Have Tips for Protecting Your Toronto Microneedling Results
- The Top 4 Benefits of Microneedling in Toronto
- The V2 Beauty Booster - Micro-Needling with Redensity I
- Top Five Reasons to Try Microneedling
- Toronto Microneedling: A Beautiful Complexion Is Just a Roller Away
- V2 Beauty Booster: A Solution for Dull, Dry Skin
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- What Does Microneedling Treatment Really Feel Like?
- What is Microneedling?
- Your Questions About Microneedling Answered!
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.