Toronto’s Melasma, Sunspot, Acne Scar, and Tattoo Removal Solution
Why is the Pico laser Toronto’s new standard of excellence?
The pico laser is Toronto’s melasma, sunspot, acne scar, and tattoo removal solution. Dr. Cory Torgerson’s Facial Cosmetic Surgery & Laser Centre offers next-generation laser devices to target unwanted pigment. It removes tattoos fast without the side effects of previous technologies. That’s great news for our clients and fantastic news for you if you want predictable pigment removal and stunning results.
Hyperpigmentation (darkened spots on the skin) motivate men and women to seek Toronto laser treatment. Tattoo removal is also more in demand than ever today, since tattoos are so popular. The trend of removing regrettable ink drives the market for a laser that won’t damage skin or bring long recovery times.
The pico laser (or picosecond laser) puts both results and patient experience far ahead of the competition. Our patients notice the difference in numerous ways.
Pigment removal using ultrashort picosecond pulses improves versatility, safety, and outcomes.
We’ll explain why this next-generation laser removes pigment better and why patients love the results.
Pico Laser in Toronto
How can it improve the look of your skin?
Pico laser technology disintegrates and removes unwanted pigment without leading to skin damage.
You can consider this treatment to
- Lighten sun spots and age spots
- Reduce melasma
- Lighten moles, freckles, and pigmented lesions
- Even your skin tone
- Lighten acne scars
- Remove your tattoos (with fewer treatments!)
- Treat the face, neck, décolletage, back of hands — nearly anywhere!
Pico means one trillionth of a unit. So for pico laser treatment, the lightning-fast energy pulses are one trillionth of a second. Here’s why the fastest laser pulses mean better results:
1. Picosecond technology is preferable to heat for breaking apart pigments
Thermal (heat) energy is the modality of traditional lasers for targeting pigment under the skin. Classic methods often involve thermal damage and the unintended scattering of energy, which is unpredictable and may damage the skin.
Instead, short-pulse pico technology removes the worry of excess heat. Fotona’s StarWalker pico pulse system photo-acoustically breaks apart pigment without heat.
2. Pico laser is more predictable than chemical lightening creams
Many dermatologists recommend chemicals and topical medications to lighten melasma, acne scars, or sunspots. Those kinds of treatments take months to achieve results and may bring unwanted side effects.
Tattoos and some pigmented lesions won’t respond at all to chemicals applied on top of the skin.
Chemical peels or dermabrasion can deliver results, but they remove skin layers and come with a lengthy recovery, which is inconvenient. That’s why the pico laser in Toronto is so appealing: the measurable results are convenient and don’t require topical medication or abrasion.
3. The StarWalker Pico laser is comfortable and safe for most skin tones
A laser that works more efficiently requires less time for application. That’s why this laser takes as little as 10 minutes per session. Even better, the pain you may associate with laser melasma treatment isn’t a problem for pico. The system has a cooling attachment to minimize discomfort, and the procedure is described as tingly and is tolerated well.
Pico laser technology vs. Q-switched
How are they different?
Perhaps you’ve heard of Q-switched technology. Still popular, it does have limitations, and there are critical differences between how these lasers achieve results.
The time that pulse energy will linger in your skin is 100 times less with pico than with Q-switched lasers. More pulses with pico laser are rapidly delivered at one trillionth of a second for precise, targeted pigment destruction.
Pico can safely treat all skin colours
By combining 14 laser modalities and 4 wavelengths, StarWalker can manage a diverse range of skin tones and pigment. Asian, African, and all skin colours can be safely treated with the pico laser, because its settings are customizable to reach exclusively beneath the surface melanin.
In the past, people with medium to dark skin avoided laser skin treatment with good reason. Scattered heat energy unintentionally targets the skin’s pigment and can lead to burns.
Instead, the precise homogeneity of the laser beam profile ensures that energy is evenly distributed.
For you, that means that the risk of bleeding, unwanted textural changes, or other negative effects are decreased. The laser energy is concentrated away from the surface, so people with dark skin can undergo safe treatment.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Pico Laser Technology
More Efficient Tattoo Removal
The FracTAT™ mode makes StarWalker a superior tattoo removal laser. Picosecond energy breaks ink into pulverized particles. They’re much smaller than the average particle size achieved with traditional lasers. Tiny specks of ink are flushed easily from your body’s natural waste system.
Even resistant ink colours respond well, and skin frosting, which limits the effectiveness of other lasers, is avoided by the unique FracTAT system.
Pico levels up power, efficacy, and safety. Rather than infusing skin with heat energy, laser light vibrates pigment apart into “dust” particles. Picosecond pulses, rather than nanosecond pulses, outperform the Q-switched laser.
It may seem that micro differences aren’t significant, but on a cellular level, they certainly are. Efficient ink destruction means
- Faster treatments
- Fewer treatments
- Comfortable treatments
Pico laser requires
Both Q-switched and pico lasers can target pigmentation. However, treating melasma, brown spots, and tattoos with the Pico system enables fragments to clear from the body with fewer sessions. When the desired results are achieved, the clear skin effects are long-lasting.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
Pico Laser FAQ
Is the Pico laser treatment painful?
Based on individual pain tolerance and treatment location, sensations vary. For the comfort of our clients, topical numbing solutions can be used, and the device has a cooling air component to soothe the treatment area. Thankfully, most people describe just tiny prickles or subtle warmth, and they tolerate the procedure well.
What are laser skin treatment side effects?
Some people develop a temporary “pink” flush to their skin or mild itching lasting a few hours after treatment. No specific care or restrictions are given after laser treatment besides avoiding direct sun exposure. You can return to work and your usual activities right after your session. Some people see browning or darkening temporarily.
How many Pico laser sessions are needed?
Depending on your pigment issue, your recommended treatment will vary. A few factors may include your skin type, skincare, sun exposure, acne, hormones, and more. Optimal results are usually achieved in 4 to 6 treatments or fewer.
Are laser results permanent?
The pigment won’t usually return once you’ve erased it with a laser. You could develop new pigmentation related to the sun or due to hormonal changes. Talk with our skin specialists about keeping an even complexion.
Is the Pico laser right for you?
Benefits of Pico laser treatment include
- Rapid tattoo removal
- Pigmented lesion removal
- Melasma treatment
- Nevus of Ota treatment
- Solar lentigo treatment
- Vascular lesion treatment
- Acne scar lightening
- Port-wine stain removal
If you’re ready to get rid of body art or say goodbye to pigmented lesions, we’d love to see you for a skin assessment. We’ll help you develop a plan to restore skin that you feel good about.
Stress-free laser skin technology means convenient, predictable results. Visit our downtown Toronto clinic or call to learn more about what the pico laser can do for you!
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- ClearLift And How It Works
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- ND-YAG Laser
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Safety of Laser Treatments
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Scar Treatments
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?