Treat Melasma with Starwalker in Toronto
Melasma Treatment with Starwalker in Toronto
Darkened, uneven pigmentation, known as melasma, can impact your self-esteem. Many people struggle to cover and blend away hyperpigmentation, but real solutions for melasma are rare.
Dr. Torgerson’s Facial Cosmetic Clinic in Toronto is pleased to offer the newest treatment for melasma, sun damage, and age spots. We’re proud to be among a few elite cosmetic clinics with Fotona’s StarWalker® MaQX Ultra Performance, Q-Switched System.
This next-level laser is quickly becoming the top choice for melasma treatment in Toronto. Men and women see even-toned, glowing results without worrying about skin damage or downtime. Fotona’s QX MAX is recognized globally as the newest pinnacle in high-level laser systems.
Whether your pigment is caused by scarring, sun damage, or hereditary reasons, we’d love to see you for a skin assessment and help you reveal a brighter image. You’re welcome to contact Dr. Cory Torgerson’s laser clinic and get ready to love your radiant, healthy complexion.
Melasma Treatment Before and After Starwalker
Topical melasma creams formulated to lighten hyperpigmentation aren’t always safe or effective for all skin types.
As well, light energy from traditional ablative, fractionated lasers could scatter to unintended surface pigments. That’s why laser skin treatment has been avoided on darker skin due to the risk of post-inflammatory hypo- and hyperpigmentation.
But now there’s good news for patients with melasma.
Today you can count on safety, precision, and problem-free pigment removal without the fear of surface damage. After each session, our patients note significantly reduced pigment spots and more balanced skin tone. Imagine clearing up your blotchy facial pigment without a lengthy or uncomfortable recovery.
StarWalker does what other lasers can’t. Discover why patients are choosing Dr. Torgerson for their melasma treatment in Toronto.
What Is Melasma?
Do you struggle to hide brown spots on your face? Also called chloasma, this issue is a form of hyperpigmentation that is common in women and people with darker skin tones. It may be triggered by sun exposure or hormonal changes. “The mask of pregnancy,” describes melasma that shows up for pregnant women. Darkened brown patches spread across the face and tend to become more pronounced with time.
Melanin is designed to absorb sunlight and help protect your skin from UV rays. Through the years, aging skin loses its ability to fight the effects of the sun.
Age spots, also called “liver” or brown spots, show up as small deposits, but melasma can cover large areas. It can also affect people who’ve had minimal sun exposure, simply because of their genetics and hormones.
Are there cures for melasma? Skin-bleaching and dark spot-lightening creams have been widespread, yet they can produce unimpressive results, and some contain unsafe ingredients. Likewise, the safety profile of laser for dark skin has kept it off-limits, but that’s changed now.
StarWalker has changed the face of melasma treatment for people with all skin tones, and the results are better than ever.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
How Does StarWalker Melasma Treatment Work?
The science behind Fotona’s newest laser is where the magic is.
StarWalker is a third-generation technology that uses photoacoustic rather than photothermolytic energy. Therefore, acoustic shockwaves, rather than heat, break apart melanosomes (skin pigments). The micro-particles are then carried out of the body via the lymphatic system.
Melasma pigment requires precision to reach the intended skin layer and not the surrounding cells. Rather than a sweep of energy with ablative effects, micro-pigments absorb focused energy and disintegrate while the skin stays intact, unharmed.
The device also features specially designed, titanium handpieces for the controlled delivery of energy pulses to various target sizes.
Nothing beats the versatility of StarWalker. Multiple settings address concerns ranging from hair removal to vascular lesions and brown spots on the skin.
StarWalker Versus Older Q-Switch Lasers
- Faster treatment and results
- Consistent results with personalized recorded settings
- High intelligence and smart design record your personalized treatment settings
- Minimal discomfort
- Fewer passes for effective pigment reduction
- Reduced complications like skin damage, scarring, or unwanted pigment changes
- Lower on the pain scale
- Third-generation ASP technology for safety, precision, and efficacy
- Broadest range of pulse modes, including the unique Ma QX, VERDE, FRAC 3, and VERSA 3 treating pigment, collagen, and more
- An impressive line of smart-control handpieces
- Intuitive, easy-to-use
- Non-invasive, safe treatments with little downtime
- Patient satisfaction after fewer treatments
Today melasma treatment with laser doesn’t mean uncomfortable healing or skin damage risks. StarWalker Toronto makes melasma treatment a breeze.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
Best Melasma Treatment
Here’s Why StarWalker Is Best for Melasma Treatment
This system harnesses all the power of a Pico laser and Q-switched laser. StarWalker’s unique Transverse Mode Discrimination (TMD) technology combines with ASP pulse control to deliver short (5 nanoseconds) pulses. The ultra-short bursts of energy are measured in trillionths of a second.
StarWalker can treat large skin areas without scattering laser light to unintended skin.
What it means for you
Improved precision means you’ll undergo fewer applicator passes to see the results you want. Fewer passes mean faster treatment and recovery time.
Efficiency, focus, and convenience have made melasma removal easier than ever.
Our patients no longer need to endure 10 to 15 sessions, but can reach their goals after just a couple of sessions. For measurable results, find out if StarWalker is the solution for your best complexion.
Patented Technology for Melasma Treatment in Toronto
Patients from all backgrounds in Canada benefit from laser safety improvements. Fotona’s advanced technology features a ground-breaking homogenous beam profile. The homogeneity of a laser beam profile means that energy distributes evenly across the skin. Epidermal damage and the risk of bleeding or blistering are reduced.
StarWalker also reduces the “frosting effect” that is typical for many Q-switched lasers. The temporary whitening of laser-treated skin results from cell disruption in the dermis, forming gasses that lift the skin. The visible residue creates a barrier for additional pulses, meaning less effective subsequent passes and increased skin damage potential.
StarWalker melasma treatment has a powerful feature. The laser beam creates microscopic holes that act as small escape ports for gas generated during pigment destruction.
As a result, the skin won’t frost, and it stays healthier throughout the process.
StarWalker Laser Treatment
Is Laser Treatment Safe for Dark Skin?
When administered correctly, picosecond micro pulses create well-controlled, photoacoustic effects that zero in on just your target pigments. The homogeneous disruption of deep pigment means that the skin’s surface remains unharmed. The impressively narrow, focused energy beam reduces the effects for nearby cells.
Unlike thermal lasers, StarWalker’s nano pulses prevent post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation and hypopigmentation related to heat. This is critical for patients with dark skin who were previously cautioned to avoid laser treatments.
For olive-toned, Asian, or African-American skin, melasma can be safely treated with unmatched patient satisfaction.
What Can You Expect from Your Melasma Treatment with Dr. Torgerson?
You’re invited to experience star treatment at Dr. Cory Torgerson’s modern laser cosmetic clinic. His caring team consists of top skin experts and licenced nurses offering comprehensive aesthetic therapy with the best laser technology available.
When you visit us for your consultation, you’ll receive a personal skin assessment and options plus the details you need about your procedure.
Your melasma treatment takes place in a relaxing, spacious treatment suite. The laser nurse can apply cold air or topical numbing for comfort, but it’s not usually described as uncomfortable.
Your session will take between 10 and 30 minutes. Then you’ll be free to resume your day right away — easy as that.
Some people experience temporary skin warmth or a pink glow, and the temporary darkening of pigment is common before cells slough off. Dramatic improvements are often achieved with just one session. However, we’ll discuss planning additional sessions for optimal effects if needed.
Dr. Cory Torgerson
Schedule Your Consultation for Even, Glowing Skin
Laser treatment for melasma has become the preferred alternative to topical creams and chemical peels, particularly for severe cases. No other procedure does so effortlessly what StarWalker Toronto achieves. We’re pleased to help our clients reveal the smooth, even-toned skin they want. Restore your confidence with laser melasma treatment starting today. We look forward to helping you reveal the skin you love.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- ND-YAG Laser
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Treating Acne with CO2
- Safety of Laser Treatments
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Scar Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.