How Safe Is Ultherapy?
There has been a lot of media hype about the innovative cosmetic procedure, Ultherapy
Ultherapy has been the recipient of Hollywood celebrities’ praise to the focus of many daytime talk shows. Yet many people are wondering about the safety of this popular procedure. There have been several clinical studies to evaluate the safety of the procedure, and over half a million people worldwide have had the procedure, boasting a 95% patient satisfaction rate. Ultherapy has been approved by Health Canada and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration as a safe and effective non-invasive procedure to lift and tighten the skin.
Ultherapy is a safe alternative to plastic surgery
Non-invasive Ultherapy Procedure
While Ultherapy is an effective way to rejuvenate skin for people who wish to avoid invasive procedures, there are some instances, such as extremely damaged or scarred tissue, where it may be advantageous to use Ultherapy in concert with an injectable procedure to replace lost volume.
When considering rejuvenating cosmetic procedures, most patients are understandably concerned with the inherent risks of undergoing any invasive surgical procedure. Even routine plastic surgery can carry serious risks, which deters some prospective patients from undergoing any elective surgeries. In contrast, Ultherapy requires no general anesthetic, it is non invasive, and it does not create scar tissue, which is a common occurrence in invasive surgical procedures, often requiring a second surgery to repair. Other common effects of cosmetic surgery include post surgical bleeding, incision site infections, tissue trauma, and nerve damage. Non-invasive Ultherapy carries none of these cautions, making it a safe alternative to plastic surgery.
Another advantage to choosing unique Ultherapy over invasive surgery is recovery time. While it can take 4 weeks or more to recover from a full surgical procedure, safe and gentle Ultherapy boasts zero recovery time. This allows recipients to continue with everyday life uninterrupted.
Ultherapy is safe, gentle, and highly effective when it is used by an experienced provider
During and After Ultherapy Procedure
In most cases, Ultherapy can be administered within 30 to 60 minutes, which is shockingly rapid compared to invasive surgical procedures, which require several hours to complete, not including hours of preparation and convalescence. Existing patients report being very comfortable during the procedure, although some minimal discomfort was experienced, usually described as a feeling of intense warmth. While temporary mild discomfort can occur, Ultherapy is pain-free, safe, and gentle, and no foreign substances are involved. Immediately following Ultherapy, some redness of the skin is common, as is swelling, though most instances of such side effects have been consistently reported as very mild and very brief.
Ultherapy is, after all, a medical procedure, and safety is highly reliant on the expertise of the provider. To avoid any tissue damage and to achieve your desired results, selecting a provider who has an excellent understanding of the anatomy, specifically the face and neck, is the safest way to ensure that your desired goals are met. Regular treatments (repeated every 4 to 6 months) may help reduce/prevent wrinkles and fine lines as well as tighten the skin.
Dr. Torgerson is certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in facial, neck, and head surgery and underwent several years of medical and surgical training to receive this prestigious designation. As a leading specialist in cosmetic surgical alternatives and a well respected cosmetic plastic surgeon in Toronto with over 18 years of training, Dr. Torgerson is able to provide his patients with a uniquely artistic and novel approach to plastic surgery as well as other non invasive cosmetic procedures. In regards to Ultherapy, Dr. Torgerson uses top-of-the-line ultrasound imaging technology to trigger newfound collagen growth deep within the skin. His courteous, helpful staff and spacious, state-of-the-art facility will ensure that your Ultherapy experience will be performed safely and effectively.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Is Ultherapy Right for Me?
- How Safe Is Ultherapy?
- Ultherapy: A New Way to Lift, Tighten, and Tone Skin
- Common Questions About Ultherapy
- Ultherapy Treatment
- How Long Is the Ultherapy Recovery Time?
- How Long Does Ultherapy Last?
- Is Ultherapy Worth It? Reviews And Cost
- What’s It Like To Get An Ultherapy Treatment?
- What Is A Good Age To Do Ultherapy?
- Non-Invasive Facial Contouring Options For The Lower Face
- Best Laser For Skin Rejuvenation
- Non-Surgical Facelift
- What Is Unique About Ultherapy?
- What is Ultherapy?
- What Body Areas Can Ultherapy Be Applied To?
- Ultherapy Trends In 2017
- Ultherapy Vs. Facelift: What’s The Difference?
- Ultherapy Vs. Botox: Which Is Best For Me?
- Ultherapy: Is the Procedure Painful?
- Top Ultherapy Doctors In Toronto, Canada
- Top 3 Benefits Of Ultherapy
- The Mini-Lift Without Surgery: Review And Cost
- Set Back Your Aging Clock With Ultherapy
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening And Lifting
- Most Popular Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Treatments
- How Many Ultherapy Treatments Do I Need To Get The Best Results?
- How Safe Is Ultherapy, And What Are The Side Effects?
- How Long Will It Take To See The Results Of Ultherapy?
- How Is Ultherapy Different From Laser Treatments?
- Facelift Without A Knife: Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Can Ultherapy Replace A Face Lift?
- Best Non-Surgical Treatment To Lift Skin And Build Collagen
- Best Non-Invasive Anti-Aging Treatment For The Neck
- Am I A Good Candidate For Ultherapy?
- A Guide To Ultherapy : Its Benefits And The Treatment Process
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.