As men and women age, many will begin to notice vertical lines forming above their upper lip between their nose and mouth
Patients often wonder if anything can be done to minimize those lines as a wrinkle treatment. These lines that form above the lips are called perioral wrinkles. Fine lines that develop around the mouth are often one of the first areas of the face to show signs of aging
With the modern cosmetic treatments that are available, there certainly are several wrinkle treatment options
Wrinkle Treatment & Line Removal
Wrinkles can be expected during the aging process, there are several other factors that may contribute to their formation. Lack of proper skin care, genetics, too much sun exposure, and smoking all have the potential to increase perioral wrinkles. Each time the mouth is puckered around a cigarette, the muscles form these tiny lines. Although unnoticeable at first, they become deeper and very noticeable with age. Smoke from a cigarette also contributes to the dryness of the skin, thereby making the skin more prone to wrinkles. Unfortunately, perioral wrinkles often make both women and men look older than they actually are.
Dermal fillers provide an excellent solution, because there is no need for surgery and no need to take time off work
The wrinkle treatment process takes approximately 20 minutes, with immediate and very satisfying results. The injectable fillers normally injected around the mouth contain hyaluronic acid (HA), which is a naturally-occurring protein already found in the soft connective tissue of the skin. The gel-like substance is a synthetic form of HA and varies in thickness, depending on the manufacturer. Topical anesthetic can be administered to the area being injected, but several products such as Restylane, Juvéderm, and Teosyal combine an anesthetic called Lidocaine with the HA, so this step is not necessary. The dermal filler is injected with tiny needles in and around the area being augmented. Usually clients experience only mild irritation and slight swelling for the first few hours after being injected. They are delighted with the immediate transformation and can expect the fillers to last 6 to 18months before being absorbed into the body and completely metabolized. You may require touch up treatments to maintain the smooth, youthful skin you desire, but regular maintenance will prolong the time between further injections. Although dermal fillers are a temporary solution to perioral wrinkles, they are very cost-effective.
Another excellent and effective option for treating those fine lines and wrinkles is laser treatments. Dr. Torgerson’s laser clinic offers AFT (next-generation IPL Laser treatments), Erbium laser, and the premium CO2 laser resurfacing to help combat those fine lines.
To determine which type of treatment would best suit your individual needs, why not book a free consultation at our state-of-the-art Yorkville clinic in downtown Toronto? Rest assured that perioral wrinkles are easily treated by Dr. Torgerson and his team, with results that will leave you thoroughly impressed.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Toronto Lip Filler: Why the Look Went from Puffy to Perfect
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- Selphyl Toronto
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Wrinkle Treatment
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- What Is The Best Injectable Filler For Under Eye Hollows?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- What are Perfect Lips?
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
- Toronto Lip Filler : A Definitive Guide
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- The Best Dermal Filler in Toronto : What’s Right For You?
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Teosyal Redensity II
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Teosyal Pen
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Teosyal RHA
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Rich Face
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- 10 Things You Are Going To Wish You Knew Before Getting Lip Fillers In Toronto
- 4 Of The Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers In Toronto
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.