Reshape & Contour
Rhinoplasty Toronto is one of the most requested facial cosmetic surgery procedures. Also referred to as a nose job, nasal surgery can take many forms and help people of all backgrounds reshape and enhance their nose.
The function of nasal passages may also be improved through the addition of a septoplasty procedure. Rhinoplasty surgery can be transformative for patients and highly satisfying for Toronto rhinoplasty surgeons. Because it’s one of the most challenging cosmetic surgery procedures, surgeons who specialize in this area develop finely tuned skill and precision to alter noses and improve the harmony of the entire face.
Toronto Rhinoplasty Expertise
Choose a Specialist
Nose jobs are popular, but not just any surgeon will be an ideal choice for your nose. You require an experienced facial plastic surgeon with in-depth knowledge and experience. Your rhinoplasty surgeon should have a reputable practice dedicated to the complexities of facial enhancement.
Dr. Cory Torgerson creates balanced facial improvements with a customized approach for each individual. An advocate for the art of rhinoplasty, Dr. Torgerson believes in bespoke nose reshaping that carefully considers ethnicity, gender, age, overall features, and preferences. No two faces are alike, and the cosmetic improvements that people choose should be suited to their proportions, personality, and uniqueness.
Dr. Torgerson has been published as a facial and reconstructive surgery expert. He’s a faculty member at the University of Toronto in the Division of Facial Plastic Surgery, and he lectures medical students and residents in the art of facial cosmetic and rhinoplasty surgery.
Because your nose is one of your most noticeable features, planning a rhinoplasty should begin with selecting the top cosmetic surgeons and scheduling consultations to gather expert feedback and advice. Your surgeon should be dedicated to the innovation and advancement of rhinoplasty.
How is The Rhinoplasty Procedure Done?
Dr. Cory Torgerson
Nose-reshaping surgery is typically carried out under general anaesthesia, though in some cases it may require only local anaesthetic and IV sedation. It will take between 1 and 3 hours to complete, depending on the details of a person’s surgery.
The wide variety of goals and techniques available mean that the specifics of each person’s procedure will be different. You may have adjustments made to the bone and cartilage of the bridge, the removal or addition of tissue, or changes to the nostrils, the nose tip, or the radix. A septoplasty is designed to straighten and remove obstruction from nasal passages due to a malformed septum. Combining functional and aesthetic improvements to the nose is called a septorhinoplasty and will mean improvements that you can see and feel once you have healed.
Dr. Torgerson’s approach to Rhinoplasty Toronto utilizes primarily the closed method. This means that the tissue alterations are all made through incisions hidden within the nostrils. For his patients, this method leads to higher patient satisfaction, and it allows him to perform the rhinoplasty with greater precision and care.
Another frequently used approach to rhinoplasty is the open method. Greater exposure to the internal structures of the nose is accessed by creating a small “inverted V” incision between the nostrils. Whether using closed or open methods, Dr. Torgerson will artfully sculpt cartilage, bone, skin, muscle, and fat to reveal the desired outcome.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
What can a patient expect during recovery?
Dr. Torgerson’s cosmetic surgery clinic is staffed with a caring, knowledgeable team of medical professionals. They’ll walk you through every step of planning and recovery for your procedure. Following rhinoplasty, Dr. Torgerson provides his personal cell number so patients can call or text him with questions after hours.
You’ll be able to return home the same day as your rhinoplasty. We ask patients to have a friend or family member with them as an escort. Most people are advised to take at least 1 week off work or school. In some cases, 2 weeks is preferable, because most of the swelling and bruising is resolved by then, and patients who wish to remain discreet will appreciate not having any bandages, splints, or telltale bruises to show.
For the first week, you can expect to feel stuffiness and facial pressure and see minor bleeding or bruising and general facial swelling. Luckily, these are quite temporary, and you’ll note a rapid improvement in the first 7 days. Most people don’t describe the process as overly painful. However, pain medication is prescribed if needed. You’ll have scheduled follow-up appointments to attend and a few activity restrictions to be aware of, especially within the first 2 to 3 weeks. These include avoiding any pressure on the nose, lifting, bending over, working out at the gym, or playing sports. Your surgeon will let you know when you’re cleared to get back to your favourite activities following rhinoplasty Toronto.
What happens during a rhinoplasty consultation?
When you’re ready to start the conversation about your rhinoplasty, Dr. Torgerson invites you to meet with him for a complimentary consultation. During the appointment, he’ll examine and analyze your nose, then provide a personalized treatment plan. A tool that our nose job patients love is the Vectra 3D imaging camera. Through advanced digital imaging, you and Dr. Torgerson can realistically design the natural, proportionate nose enhancements that you want. Feel free to bring a list of questions for your free consultation and bring a friend if you wish. Dr. Torgerson will listen to all your concerns and goals, provide detailed procedure information, and ensure that you’re well informed about the pros, cons and expectations of rhinoplasty surgery.
While you’re visiting Dr. Torgerson’s office, you’ll be able to view additional rhinoplasty before and after photos. Many results images not published for public viewing online are available in the extensive, private portfolios that we keep with patient permission. You’ll see Dr. Torgerson’s diverse and beautiful results showcased on a variety of people with different nose-reshaping needs.
In Toronto, rhinoplasty surgeons include those who have ENT certification, otolaryngologists, and facial plastic surgeons. Dr. Torgerson is a leading rhinoplasty surgeon in Canada as both an ENT surgeon and facial cosmetic surgeon. He has dedicated his practice to the subspecialty of nasal and facial procedures, which he loves to perform. Because of his extensive experience and reputation, Dr. Torgerson is sought out by clients across the nation.
Do you have questions about your rhinoplasty in Toronto?
We’ve provided answers to some of our most frequently asked nose job questions:
What is the difference between open and closed rhinoplasty?
How does thick or thin skin affect results?
What is the age requirement for nose surgery?
What are the different types of nose-reshaping surgery?
You may choose:
- Alar base reduction
- Ethnic rhinoplasty
- Repair of a broken nose
- Correction of a deviated septum
- Improvement of saddle-nose deformity
- Build up a low radix
- Revision rhinoplasty
- And more!
What is an Ethnic Rhinoplasty?
This elite specialty requires extensive practice experience. In a beautifully diverse city like Toronto, rhinoplasty is the procedure of choice for a variety of goals and purposes. Because people have distinctive facial characteristics according to their ethnicity, people have different desires for outcomes. It’s essential that a facial cosmetic surgeon be mindful of facial harmony and character when making changes that honour a person’s ethnicity. Most people don’t choose a nose job to completely erase distinct nose traits. A natural result will usually address disproportionate elements such as wide nostril flare or a pronounced bump on the bridge without changing the nose entirely.
Dr. Torgerson has operated on various nose shapes and types, including Persian rhinoplasty, Asian rhinoplasty, and African-American rhinoplasty. Each client’s expressed goals and facial proportions are respected for a result that looks completely natural and in sync with their appearance.
What does rhinoplasty Toronto cost?
The relatively high cost of cosmetic surgery can be a sound investment, ensuring lasting, dramatic physical transformation and improved confidence. However, the expenses must be weighed carefully when considering your needs and budget. Typically, the surgical quote that you receive for your procedure will depend on the facial plastic surgeon, the extent of rhinoplasty needed, and the practice location. Some of the costs included in Dr. Torgerson’s Toronto Plastic Surgery Centre quotes are anaesthesia and nurse’s fees, the surgical facility cost, medications and surgical supplies, the surgeon’s time, the pre- and post-operative appointments, and administration. What may not be included are additional medication fees or surgical garments.
Ask your surgeon to explain any aspect of your total cost that is unclear. Overnight nursing, if preferred, would incur additional fees, but most nose job patients return home the same day instead.
Your rhinoplasty price may be between $6,000 and $13,000 plus tax. (Prices are subject to change over time.) Dr. Torgerson knows that a large, one-time payment can be difficult to manage for many people, Medical financing companies are available to help alleviate the financial pressure while allowing for low, monthly payments to be made over a more extended period. We’ll be happy to connect you with the reputable financial partners that we have. Just ask about financing when you come in for your consultation.
Take the next step and schedule your free rhinoplasty consultation today
Did you know that rhinoplasty is the most requested facial cosmetic surgery? According to recent plastic surgery statistics in Canada, the U.S.A., and the world, rhinoplasty demand continues to increase each year. If you’re curious about nose reshaping or want to find out if you’re a suitable rhinoplasty candidate, we’d love to speak with you and help you make an informed decision.
You’re invited to experience our welcoming environment where we’ll partner with your goals for exciting outcomes. Dr. Torgerson can help empower you to make changes you love and feel confident again. Call for your no-obligation appointment today.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.
- Before a Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery Consultation, Read This (and Save Time)
- Toronto’s Nose-Reshaping Secrets: Why It’s Getting Harder to Tell Who’s Had Nose Jobs
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons - Toronto’s Best Facial Cosmetic Investment
- The Top Toronto Rhinoplasty Surgeon Guide for 2020
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Toronto Nose Reshaping Success: How to Overcome 5 Obstacles
- Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery: What Can It Do for You?
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Potential Side effects of Rhinoplasty
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Nose Reshaping Toronto: The Cosmetic Surgery That Fits Everyone
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose-Reshaping Surgery in Toronto: Why Is It Still in Demand (and What Alternative is Catching Up?)
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- History of Rhinoplasty
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Cost Of Rhinoplasty In Toronto
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.