One of our top priorities at Dr. Cory Torgerson Facial Cosmetic Surgery is to ensure that our patients are safe and as comfortable as possible during any procedures that they undergo.
Also, patients themselves are understandably often concerned about how much pain they might experience.
Patients are usually relieved to learn that all procedures are conducted under some type of anaesthesia.
Before undergoing surgery, it is important for the patients to understand various types of anaesthesia, their administration, and the effects. Some patients may feel uneasy about anaesthesia because they have heard about the dangers associated with it. While there are still some risks, advances in medical technologies have reduced such risks in recent years.
The type of anesthesia to be given can be based on the type of surgery or procedure to be performed, the age of the person, the general health, or any specific medical condition of the patient. Dr. Torgerson will go over all of the available options with the patient at the time of the consultation and also explain the risks and benefits in a pre-operative consent-signing appointment.
General anaesthesia is administered in surgeries that involve long hours or for procedures that may make the patient uncomfortable.
It may also be used if the patient is a child. It leads to a controlled unconsciousness and may require respiratory support.
General Anaesthesia could be given by gas or through Intravenous fluid. Since general anaesthesia does have some risks, the patient will be closely monitored throughout the procedure. General Anaesthesia is used for Facelifts, most Rhinoplasty surgeries, brow lifts, neck lifts, and chin implant surgery.
Patients are monitored regularly for heart rate, temperature, blood pressure, circulation, and ventilation in order to prevent complications. Dr. Torgerson’s team of Medical Professionals includes top qualified and experienced anaesthesiologists. All staff are registered with their respective Ontario Government regulatory bodies, and all of their qualifications are updated on a yearly basis.
Regional anaesthesia is given to numb or block the nerve impulses of a comparatively larger area in comparison to the local area. However, unlike general anaesthesia, it does not cause the patient to go to sleep.
Conscious Sedation is most commonly used for procedures such as blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery), where it is important for the patient to still be able to respond (i.e. move their eyes) but not feel any pain. There is an altered level of consciousness associated with this type of anesthesia due to the fact that most patients will not remember the time period in which the procedure was performed.
Local anaesthesia, as the name suggests, is given to numb a local or specific area to prevent pain during surgery. The patient remains awake and conscious under the effect of local anaesthesia and knows what is going on around them. This is a very safe form of anaesthesia and has very little risk associated with it. It can be administered through an injection, given in the form of spray, or applied as an ointment. This is more commonly used for non-surgical and non-invasive procedures such as laser treatments, Botox, and dermal filler injections. Local anaesthesia is almost always used for simpler and more straightforward procedures.
Which Anesthesia Will Be Used For My Procedure?
The type of anesthesia used for your cosmetic surgery will depend on what procedure you are having done. Other factors such as age and any health conditions may also play a role in determining the best form of anaesthesia to use. This is something that Dr. Torgerson will discuss with you during your consultation and as you prepare for your procedure. Generally speaking, a local anaesthesia is used for all non-surgical cosmetic treatments.
If you require a general anaesthesia for a facial plastic surgery procedure, rest assured that your safety is our top priority at all times. We will do our best to explain every detail to you beforehand by giving you a Surgical Package that outlines what to expect in greater detail. You will also have the opportunity to discuss the details in person with Dr. Torgerson at your pre-operative appointment.
Following surgery, Dr. Torgerson provides all surgical patients with his personal contact information so they are able to contact him at any time should any questions arise.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When The Weather In Toronto Gets Colder
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.