Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
Fine lines, crow’s-feet, and sagging skin – the tell-tale signs of aging come for everyone eventually. There’s plenty you can do to maintain supple skin, a smooth complexion, and youthful contours. Many people choose to fight back with customized medical facials, laser therapies, and injectable rejuvenation. A skilled facial plastic surgeon will know how to harmonize both surgical and non-surgical beauty interventions to combat facial aging.
However, there may come a time when you begin to consider more substantial “fixes” for your sagging features. Common areas of concern that benefit from customized facial cosmetic surgery are the eyelids, brow, midface, jowls, and neck. But when that time comes, don’t get scammed. We’ll teach you what to look for when choosing a facial plastic surgeon.
Dr. Cory Torgerson Facial Plastic Surgeon
Are you ready to look for a facial plastic surgeon?
If you’re struggling with self-confidence or people regularly ask whether you’re tired, it might be the right time to take the next step and schedule a consultation with a facial plastic surgeon.
When you’re just beginning the research process, the sheer volume of information available online can be overwhelming. You’ll encounter chic websites and glamorous photos, clever marketing of services, and even tempting invitations to schedule low-cost “travel destination” surgeries. You may also view medical sites or online patient forums where people share technical and sometimes frightening stories about health risks and complications related to facial cosmetic surgery.
How will you find the right surgeon for you?
Aren’t facial injections better than surgery?
What many people don’t realize is that there’s a point at which the surgical route becomes preferable to injections. Here’s what we mean: if you add a volumizing hyaluronic acid gel deep into an area like the cheek, you can effectively lift and restore lost volume, dramatically improving the appearance. People seem years younger once they replace diminished facial volume in the cheek, under-eye, lips, or temples. For people in their 30s and 40s, this is often a go-to solution to retain the softness and fullness of features that keep us looking young.
As the years go by and collagen decreases, sagging continues, lines deepen, and youthful fat and muscle in the face shrink. Even bones can change and reduce their structural support over time. That means that overlying tissue wrinkles and droops to the point where filler alone can’t lift it again. If you were to add dermal fillers in a high enough volume to fill out that sagging skin, you wouldn’t look like yourself anymore.
Look natural, not “done”
The “too-much-filler” look, which is puffy and unnatural, is an undesirable result that most people would like to avoid. A talented facial plastic surgeon will want to avoid that for you as well, so they’ll tell you honestly when it’s time to transition from the injectable treatments to cosmetic surgical repairs. Your underlying facial tissue will be lifted and strengthened, and your skin will be gently repositioned. The result from surgery like face lifts and brow lifts is a soft, refreshed appearance with no tight or puffy skin. Even better, the results are permanent, unlike fillers, which dissolve after 6 to 9 months.
What type of surgeon do you need?
Because he has concentrated his advanced training, specialization and practice on the face, Dr. Torgerson has developed innovations and techniques that make him a sought-after instructor and spokesperson for facial plastic surgery. His before and after photos show exceptionally subtle and natural-looking outcomes. Complex sub-specialties such as the SMAS (superficial musculo-aponeurotic system) facelift and revision rhinoplasty make him a leader in his field.
If you want an expertly done facial cosmetic surgery, then don’t choose a surgeon who spends much of their time working on unrelated areas.
Choosing a high level of expertise will help you avoid risks
Dr. Cory Torgerson
Any surgery comes with inherent risks attached. Facial plastic surgery can be extremely safe, but it matters whose hands you place yourself in. For this reason, we caution people to avoid making decisions based on “deals” and low-cost surgery packages. It’s possible to find some significant variation in procedure pricing, depending on location and credentials. The truth is that qualified and licenced medical staff, accredited and fully equipped surgical centres, highly educated and skilled cosmetic surgeons, and the in-depth care you need all come at a high cost. Aside from medical and surgical equipment or supplies, the anaesthesiologist, medications, operating fees, nursing staff, and your surgeon’s fee add up to total surgical fees.
The problem with “too-good-to-be-true” pricing is that it suggests that one or more of these critical areas may be lacking. When people schedule cheap destination beauty procedures, they often can’t verify that the surgeon, support staff, or facility are up to par. Outside Canada, various levels of medical and surgical degrees may appear the same. As well, board certification does not represent one consistent and high-level standard. In Toronto, our facial plastic surgeons are accredited by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. If you don’t see that certification, you’ll know that you should keep looking.
Additionally, discovering that you have a problem with recovery or complication once you’re far from the clinic means unsafe post-operative management and an increase in unsatisfying or problematic results.
The Clinic at Yorkville
Careful selection of surgical facility
Dr. Torgerson’s surgical facility is not only immaculate, beautiful, and welcoming, but it also has achieved the highest rating: Level 3 out-of-hospital premises (OHP) with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO), the regulating body for Ontario certification. When the facility is top-notch, the risks associated with facial surgery are minimized as much as possible to make the procedures extremely safe.
You can expect attention to bleeding and infection risks, careful wound management, and observation from our experienced staff who are hand-picked by Dr. Torgerson. In addition to detailed instructions, follow-up assessment, and hands-on care, all of our patients are provided with Dr. Torgerson’s personal contact information in case they have any concerns after hours.
Choose a facial surgeon you feel comfortable with
Dr. Cory Torgerson
This suggestion may seem obvious, but sometimes people are distracted by credentials (and recommendations), so they feel pressured to select a practitioner who is renowned for their results but not their bedside manner. They could be highly qualified and capable of delivering an expert facelift, but if you don’t feel that they listen to you, genuinely care about what you want, and understand your goals, you won’t be happy with your overall experience.
We say trust your gut when it comes to how a facial plastic surgeon makes you feel. You can schedule more than one consultation and ask plenty of questions to ensure that you understand various recommendations well. Remember, you’ll be spending a fair bit of time together, both at pre-surgery appointments and for up to a year after. The surgeon who you choose should collaborate with you to reach your goals, encourage you during recovery, and celebrate your results when the whole process is done. It makes sense that you should like being around them.
Facial and nasal plastic surgery — book a consultation
We want to welcome you to our clinic for a consultation appointment. Our philosophy of medical treatment is that people should feel free to gather the information they need without being pressured to make a decision.
We’ll be happy to answer your questions and to create a completely personalized plan that targets your areas of concern, matches your budget, and suits who you are. We specialize in revealing the natural, inner beauty and confidence that each of our clients has. Let us help you feel better about how you look. Contact us today, and we’ll arrange your consultation.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When the Weather in Toronto Gets Colder
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.