Facelift by Dr. Cory Torgerson
Do You Look Your Age? When Is It Time to Consider a Facelift?
Facial aging changes all of us. You may have relied on dermal fillers and injectable wrinkle treatments throughout your middle years, but at some point, considering a facelift could be the next logical step.
Do you feel that you look older than you are? Having someone guess your age even one year too high can feel devastating for self-esteem. Face My Age apps that deliver arbitrary, critical numbers can negatively affect people’s confidence. Understandably, discouragement with fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging sends people running to plastic surgeons, seeking the best procedures to look younger.
If you’re considering taking control over your appearance, your first move might be to conduct a Google search for facelift before and after photos. 50-year-old examples are common, as are Bee Cameron types who’ve become known for trying to look many decades younger, and they may not appeal to you.
The truth is, at our state-of-the-art facial cosmetic surgery clinic in Toronto, facelift patients generally want to appear rested, healthy, and like a slightly younger version of themselves. They want to age gracefully—not appear 20 again. The question of whether this surgery is right for you starts here. What are your expectations? Knowing what you want and don’t want will help set you on the right path in selecting the best facelift surgeon.
Planning a Facelift
How do you know it’s the right time?
If you’re a man or woman bothered by sagging jowls, loose neck bands, or deep facial folds, surgery could be entirely appropriate. That’s because non-surgical interventions like lasers and peels help tone and improve the skin immensely, but they can’t remove excess sagging skin. When the time is right, surgically excising loose, crepey skin and repositioning the underlying tissue remains the gold standard for reversing signs of aging. A well-executed face lift can remove 10 years off a person’s apparent age.
Are you too young for a facelift?
It’s not easy to set a specific age as the right one for facial cosmetic surgery. There isn’t one set way of performing facial lifting either. In fact, mini, mid-face, or deep plane facelifts all deliver specific benefits and could be considered at various ages.
People age at different rates. This has to do with their genetic makeup, lifestyle, and environment. The health and natural tone of your skin as well as environmental exposure like sun damage can lead a person in their 40s to appear 60 or the reverse. Priority considerations for you and your surgeon should be the other overall lifestyle, health, and aesthetic factors for your situation. Here’s what an expert surgeon will look for when assessing your suitability:
- Has facial sagging and loss of collagen and fat caused you to age rapidly?
- Could early intervention help prevent further dramatic aging?
- Will facial improvements now help you enjoy your life and career more for the next decade or so?
- Are you in good overall health?
- Do you have realistic expectations and understand the limitations involved?
Sometimes intervening earlier to deliver subtle improvements is preferable for two reasons:
- You’ll be able to keep your procedure private. The difference isn’t so dramatic that people immediately notice change or guess that a surgery took place. Instead, you’ll appear rested, youthful, and subtly refreshed.
- The results will last and help prevent rapid aging in the areas that have been treated. The patient will still age, of course, but more gracefully than they might have, saving the need for a dramatic intervention later.
Are you too old for a facial surgery?
Many people finally decide to make the changes they’ve always wanted later in life, and there are often one or more good ways to reach your goals. You can find a Royal College-certified facial plastic surgeon with a stellar reputation for facelift results and make an appointment to meet them in person.
With advanced age, there are additional assessment components necessary to complete your consultation, but the process can be rewarding. Meeting a qualified expert in person enables you to have the one-on-one, personalized attention that you need to make an informed decision.
Dr. Cory Torgerson, Toronto facial plastic surgeon, believes that consultations should allow people to gather information without pressure or personal expense. He feels that having a custom-tailored treatment plan is essential for each patient. Considering multiple or combined surgical and non-surgical facelift procedures allows the greatest flexibility and patient satisfaction. He’ll be pleased to meet with you and answer all of your questions so you can make a choice that feels right.
When you decide to schedule facial rejuvenation surgery, then what?
Depending on the physical demands of your job, you could take anywhere from 1 to 2 weeks off. Many people find it possible to work from home or to return to work early if they don’t have many physical demands on their workplace.
Does this surgery stop aging?
You’ll still age, but at 60, you may appear 45 or 50. Some patients will have an operation and never seek another because they’re still satisfied with their natural appearance decades later. The “trick” is to work with a facial expert who performs anti-aging techniques that last. There are always new “one-stitch facelift” or feather-lifting procedures popping up and gaining traction for a short while, but in their bid to provide the fastest, least invasive approach, they also fail to deliver results 10, 5, or even 1 year later.
Consultation at Dr. Cory Torgerson’s Clinic
Let us help you take the next steps
Depending on your needs and your long-term aesthetic goals, Dr. Torgerson will develop a customized plan for you that addresses the immediate improvements and the future benefits you’ll want. He’s highly respected for his expertise in both surgical and minimally invasive facial rejuvenation. Contact the knowledgeable, friendly team at the Torgerson Clinic and find out what beautiful possibilities await you.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can You Add to Your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Cost
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- Facelift FAQs
- Facelift Preparation
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- Fat Grafting
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- The Benefits of a Mini Facelift
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Toronto Facelift Surgeons: Best Reasons to Act Now, Not Later
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- Toronto’s Top Facelift Surgeon’s Before and After Results
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?