Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
The face is often referred to as the mirror of the soul.
Our face shows our expressions based on our emotions and how we see ourselves. The face also plays an important part in how we want to be seen by others. The unavoidable signs of aging in the face are apparent in people who are typically in their mid 30s.
Repair The Damage In The Face And Restore The Contours
Causes Of Aging
- Sun damage – Excessive exposure to the sun reduces collagen and elastin in the skin and increases the risk of skin cancer. Over exposure to the sun can also cause melasma, pigmentation, brown spots, freckles, and other surface irregularities.
- Environmental factors – Skin care products can deliver toxic contaminants into the skin, and airborne pollution can also increase oxidative stress in the body, increasing susceptibility to disease.
- Gravity – The natural force of gravity pulling on the body for many years eventually displays visible signs of sagging and drooping internal and external anatomical structures.
- Loss of elasticity – With age, the main culprit of skin laxity, the skin depletes in collagen and elastin fibres.
A facelift procedure can repair the damage in the face and restore the contours that have devitalized over the years. Full facelift procedures are ideal for those who need extensive restoration of their facial features. However, that may not be the case for younger patients who wish to restore lost volume and firmness in their face.
A mini facelift procedure is ideal for people who are not quite ready for a facelift but still want to achieve rejuvenation in their face. This is particularly true around the lower part of their face, which is impacted the most by the aging process, as jowls form and the cheeks, chin, and neck droop. There are numerous advantages of getting a mini lift procedure over a full face lift, and the same applies for the benefits of a full facelift over a minilift.
No Ideal Age for a Mini Face Lift
Who Is a Good Candidate?
There is no ideal age for a mini face lift, as everyone ages at their own speed. However, the aging process seems to accelerate for everyone in and around the mid-30s range. People after their 30s begin to consider tightening up the laxity that they begin to experience in their face and neck to maintain their foundation of youth. The ideal age for a mini lift is also dependant on the patient and their cosmetic goals. Typical age groups for mini facelifts are people in their late 30s up to 60s. Someone who has already had a facelift and requires an update is also an ideal candidate for a mini lift to help restore and rejuvenate their facelift results.
Mini Lift Vs. Face Lift – Which One Is Right For Me?
Dr. Torgerson conducts comprehensive consultations regarding facial rejuvenation procedures with his patients who express interest in facelifts or mini lift procedures. Some of the qualification criteria for mini lift procedures include:
- Attainment of satisfactory results that the patient is looking to achieve
- Extent of surgery they are willing to commit to
- Extent of improvements required
- Amount of time available for post-procedure downtime
- Types of scars that the patient is comfortable with
- The associated cost with procedure
- The necessity of pairing other procedures with a mini lift. For example, it is very common to get a blepharoplasty procedure or a CO2 laser treatment when getting facial rejuvenation treatments.
- Level of skin and muscle laxity present in the face
If you are unhappy with how your face is aging and would like to rejuvenate your face and neck area, then scheduling a consultation with Dr. Torgerson would be the first step in discovering your suitableness for a mini lift procedure. Dr. Torgerson’s Facial Cosmetic Clinic is conveniently located in the heart of downtown in Yorkville, Toronto.
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.