Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do for You
It is important to understand what a procedure like this can and can’t do for you.
When it comes to facial surgery, people are often misinformed about what they can and cannot achieve. For people considering a Toronto facelift, it is important to have realistic expectations going into the procedure to avoid disappointment.
A Natural-Looking Improvement
Toronto Facelift Results
With advances in modern medicine, the days of dramatic facelifts with a “pulled” look are gone. Surgeons are now shifting focus to more natural-looking results by tightening deep structures of the face and gently redraping skin. This results in a more natural outcome.
What a facelift often cannot do for you is dramatically improve wrinkles, fine lines, and age spots. Since these are imperfections in the superficial layer of the skin, they typically require different treatment to address them.
Combining Botox or fillers with a Toronto facelift is the best way to get rid of fine lines and wrinkles. In some cases, it may also be possible to combine the face lift with a chemical peel to address repairs on the surface of the skin.
Another important factor to account for when considering a face-lift is that it typically addresses the lower face rather than the mid-level features and the eyes or forehead. The most dramatic improvements are usually seen in the neck, jowls, and cheek area. For people looking for changes in the upper part of the face as well, it may be prudent to consider the option of a brow or eyelid lift to be performed in conjunction with the facelift.
Tightening and Lifting the Jowls and Jawline
Types of Facelifts
For patients looking to reverse the visible signs of aging, a face-lift can help. This cosmetic procedure is an effective way to tighten and lift the jowls and jawline, tighten the skin on the neck, as well as lift structures of the face such as the cheeks that have begun to sag with age.
Some patients are intimidated by adding other treatments onto a Toronto facelift, it is actually advantageous, as patients can usually save on costs as well as reduce two potential recovery periods to one.
It is also important to understand the different results delivered by different types of facelifts. Although some patients may opt for a mini lift instead of a full face lift due to the shorter recovery period, they should do this with the understanding that smaller incisions often deliver less dramatic results. Although the bigger incisions made with a full facelift require a longer recovery period, the results to the lower face and neck are more dramatic.
For those contemplating a Toronto facelift, the single most important factor in determining its success is the surgeon. Choosing an experienced facial plastic surgeon who specializes in the head and neck is the only way to guarantee you are satisfied with your results.
Dr. Torgerson is a well-known industry leader in the facial plastic surgery space. Putting patient comfort first, he is well versed with a wealth of experience in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery and is able to recommend the best type of treatment to address your individual concerns so that you look your absolute best.
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can You Add to Your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- Facelift Preparation
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- Fat Grafting
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- The Benefits of a Mini Facelift
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- Toronto’s Top Facelift Surgeon’s Before and After Results
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?