Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
Toronto facelift surgery can effectively reduce the appearance of aging by correcting a number of signs of aging in the face, including drooping skin, excess fatty tissue, and weakened underlying muscles.
As a result of the natural aging process as well as the influence of factors such as genetics, gravity, and sun exposure, over time the skin on our face begins to change. Although these changes are initially subtle, eventually a loss of volume in the cheeks and an increase in fatty or subcutaneous tissue in the jowls, chin, and neck can cause undesirable changes to your facial contour.
What Signs of Aging Can a Facelift Address?
How Does It Work?
A Toronto facelift, or rhytidectomy, is a cosmetic surgery procedure that removes excess fatty tissue from the face and neck to provide greater definition to the face and jawline. During this procedure, the skin is carefully lifted to facilitate the removal of excess loose skin and tissue, eliminating wrinkles and creating a smoother, more youthful appearance. The underlying muscles of the face and neck are also tightened and repaired to improve the facial contour.
Face lift surgery is quickly gaining popularity due to its ability to address a number of signs of aging, including:
- Smile lines
- A loss of elasticity in the skin
- Prominent rhytids (deep facial lines)
- Formation of jowls
- Excess, loose skin or an increase in subcutaneous fullness in the face and neck
Unlike fillers, which offer a temporary solution to many of the above problems, a Toronto facelift delivers dramatic, long-lasting results, ensuring that patients look younger for many years to come. Although this procedure cannot stop the aging process, most patients continue to look years younger than their age for upwards of 10 years following their procedure.
Am I a Good Candidate for a Facelift Procedure?
How to Look Younger
Although face-lift surgery is a suitable procedure for men and women of a variety of ages, not all patients are candidates for this procedure. The following criteria must be met to qualify for facelift surgery:
- Patients must be in good overall health, as this is necessary for a safe and speedy recovery.
- Because blood pressure is an important factor during face lift surgery, it is imperative that patients with pre-existing hypertension take their prescribed anti-hypertensive medication the morning of the procedure. Blood pressure will be carefully monitored both before and after surgery because high blood pressure increases the likelihood of bleeding and hematoma.
- Patients must be willing to quit smoking or commit to a smoking cessation program for a minimum of 4 weeks both pre- and post-operatively because of the increased risks associated with smoking such as skin flap necrosis, infection, and delayed wound healing.
To learn more and to determine your candidacy for a Toronto facelift to reduce the appearance of aging, we welcome you to contact our clinic to schedule a consultation with Dr. Torgerson, a renowned facial plastic surgeon in Toronto.
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.