Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
Toronto facelift surgery can effectively reduce the appearance of aging by correcting a number of signs of aging in the face, including drooping skin, excess fatty tissue, and weakened underlying muscles.
As a result of the natural aging process as well as the influence of factors such as genetics, gravity, and sun exposure, over time the skin on our face begins to change. Although these changes are initially subtle, eventually a loss of volume in the cheeks and an increase in fatty or subcutaneous tissue in the jowls, chin, and neck can cause undesirable changes to your facial contour.
What Signs of Aging Can a Facelift Address?
How Does It Work?
A Toronto facelift, or rhytidectomy, is a cosmetic surgery procedure that removes excess fatty tissue from the face and neck to provide greater definition to the face and jawline. During this procedure, the skin is carefully lifted to facilitate the removal of excess loose skin and tissue, eliminating wrinkles and creating a smoother, more youthful appearance. The underlying muscles of the face and neck are also tightened and repaired to improve the facial contour.
Face lift surgery is quickly gaining popularity due to its ability to address a number of signs of aging, including:
- Smile lines
- A loss of elasticity in the skin
- Prominent rhytids (deep facial lines)
- Formation of jowls
- Excess, loose skin or an increase in subcutaneous fullness in the face and neck
Unlike fillers, which offer a temporary solution to many of the above problems, a Toronto facelift delivers dramatic, long-lasting results, ensuring that patients look younger for many years to come. Although this procedure cannot stop the aging process, most patients continue to look years younger than their age for upwards of 10 years following their procedure.
Am I a Good Candidate for a Facelift Procedure?
How to Look Younger
Although face-lift surgery is a suitable procedure for men and women of a variety of ages, not all patients are candidates for this procedure. The following criteria must be met to qualify for facelift surgery:
- Patients must be in good overall health, as this is necessary for a safe and speedy recovery.
- Because blood pressure is an important factor during face lift surgery, it is imperative that patients with pre-existing hypertension take their prescribed anti-hypertensive medication the morning of the procedure. Blood pressure will be carefully monitored both before and after surgery because high blood pressure increases the likelihood of bleeding and hematoma.
- Patients must be willing to quit smoking or commit to a smoking cessation program for a minimum of 4 weeks both pre- and post-operatively because of the increased risks associated with smoking such as skin flap necrosis, infection, and delayed wound healing.
To learn more and to determine your candidacy for a Toronto facelift to reduce the appearance of aging, we welcome you to contact our clinic to schedule a consultation with Dr. Torgerson, a renowned facial plastic surgeon in Toronto.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can You Add to Your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Cost
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- Facelift FAQs
- Facelift Preparation
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- Fat Grafting
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- The Benefits of a Mini Facelift
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Toronto Facelift Surgeons: Best Reasons to Act Now, Not Later
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- Toronto’s Top Facelift Surgeon’s Before and After Results
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?