Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
For patients considering a Toronto facelift, it is natural to be curious about what steps are involved during the procedure.
A facelift is a surgery designed for lifting and firming sagging facial tissue to restore a youthful appearance. Patient who opt for a facelift are typically looking to reverse the visible signs of aging in the face and neck area.
Getting Rid of the Sagging
Although there are a few different types of facelifts, they all typically follow a few key steps. To begin, medication is administered so that you are comfortable for the procedure. It is usually general anesthesia that is used for a Toronto facelift. However, depending on your case, intravenous sedation may also be an option. Patients remain sedated for the duration of the facelift as well as for any other treatments that are being performed in conjunction with the procedure such as facial implants or fillers.
Next, the incisions are made. Depending on the type of facelift and the extent of work being done, the incisions will vary. For a traditional face lift, an incision is often made in the hairline at the temples. The incision continues around the ear and ends at the lower end of the scalp. When an aging neck is being fixed as part of a traditional facelift, a second incision under the chin may be made as well.
During a mini facelift, shorter incisions are made around the temples and continue around the ear. When the neck lift is being performed to treat sagging jowls or loose neck skin, the incision is made at the front of the ear lobe, from where it wraps around behind the ear and ends in the hair behind the ear.
Repositioning of Facial Tissue
How to Achieve Optimal Results
After the incisions are made, the surgeon separates the skin from the tissue and the muscles underneath the surface of the skin. This process allows the surgeon to reposition the deeper facial tissues to get rid of the sagging and create a firm foundation for the skin.
After the excess skin is removed, the remaining skin is draped back over the rejuvenated facial tissues, resulting in a smooth and youthful contour.
Once the trimming and repositioning of facial tissue is complete, the incisions are generally closed with sutures or skin adhesives. The sutures may be dissolvable or they may need to be removed by a professional after a few days.
In some cases, skin glue is used instead of sutures to close the incisions. For people interested in a Toronto facelift, it is important to choose a facial plastic surgeon who is certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. To achieve optimal results, the surgeon should also specialize in the head and neck. Dr. Torgerson is well known as an industry leader in the facial plastic surgery arena. At his facial plastic surgery clinic in Yorkville, Toronto, he has performed numerous facelifts delivering long-lasting and natural-looking results.
If you are interested in a facelift procedure, we encourage you to take the first step and book a consultation with Dr. Torgerson to get an understanding of what type of facial procedure is best for you as well as what kind of results you can expect.
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can You Add to Your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- Facelift FAQs
- Facelift Preparation
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- Fat Grafting
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- The Benefits of a Mini Facelift
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Toronto Facelift Surgeons: Best Reasons to Act Now, Not Later
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- Toronto’s Top Facelift Surgeon’s Before and After Results
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.