Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
A facial plastic surgery procedure that is gaining recognition in the industry over the past few years is the mini-facelift.
As people are paying more attention to their appearance, they are investigating various options to minimize entropy at a younger age. Both men and women are dealing with the problem as it occurs, rather than waiting until it is quite evident that their skin is loose and sagging in several areas of their face. In other words, they are targeting specific areas as the loss of elasticity occurs.
One of Dr. Cory Torgerson’s famous clichés is“Do the right thing at the right time”. A mini facelift is beneficial because the before and after results of surgery are not as dramatic and noticeable if the problem is dealt with in a timely fashion, and the client is left with better self-esteem as they age without the stigma and feeling that “everyone will know!”
Addresses All Areas Of Concern
What is a full facelift?
A full facelift addresses all areas of concern on the face. The skin is tightened and repositioned in the upper, middle, and lower sections, and excess fat is removed, if necessary. Included in the full facelift is the possibility of a browlift in the upper area, eyelid surgery, and temple tightening as well as a necklift in the lower section. This procedure is definitely more inclusive and more invasive; therefore, the results are more dramatic. Dr. Torgerson recommends 2 weeks off of work after a full facelift, with bruising and swelling minimized greatly after just 7 to 10 days. Because the operation is longer than a mini-facelift, the cost is greater.
What is a mini-facelift?
Mini facelifts, on the other hand, are less extensive and target only the areas requiring attention. This is primarily because the skin is only sagging minimally. The middle section of the face, which includes the jowls, cheeks, and nasalabial folds (the lines between the nose and the mouth), are usually the area of concern. The procedure of making tiny incisions to tighten the skin, as in the full facelift, is also the method used in mini-facelifts. Because this operation is less invasive, only 1 week of downtime is required. For this reason, the minifacelift is sometimes referred to as “the weekend facelift”.
If facial plastic surgery is something you are unsure about, there are other non-invasive, non-surgical options that you can also choose to tighten and smooth loose skin. Some of them are choices such as the Liquid Facelift – a facelift performed by using injectable dermal fillers to replace volume where it has been lost. Although this method is temporary and requires yearly maintenance, some prefer it to surgery. Another option is the use of Ultherapy, the ultrasound technology that tightens the muscles beneath the skin and stimulates the production of collagen. CO2 laser is also popular as a method for treating fine lines and wrinkles and resurfacing the skin.
Booking a consultation at our state-of-the-art Yorkville clinic in Toronto is recommended. Dr. Torgerson will be able to discuss your concerns in a relaxed atmosphere and assist you in making the best possible choice to satisfy your needs. Head and neck surgery are the areas he specializes in, and you will benefit from his years of expertise.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can You Add to Your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Cost
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- Facelift FAQs
- Facelift Preparation
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- Fat Grafting
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- The Benefits of a Mini Facelift
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Toronto Facelift Surgeons: Best Reasons to Act Now, Not Later
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- Toronto’s Top Facelift Surgeon’s Before and After Results
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.