Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
It is natural for some people to feel intimidated about “going under the knife” and receiving facelift surgery.
This operation can be delayed longer than ever before due to the amount of non-surgical treatments and procedures now available at facial cosmetic surgery centres. Although going under general anaesthesia may not be a frequent occurrence, the truth is, more rhytidectomies are performed each year than ever before with minimal complications.
Face And Neck Contoured & Adjusted At The Same Time
More Vibrant And Alive Look
There are some definite pros and cons about any facial plastic treatment, and facelift surgery is no exception. One of the most positive aspects that should be considered is the fact that, with just one surgery, many facial imperfections can be dealt with. All areas of the face and neck can be contoured and adjusted at the same time. Dr. Cory Torgerson is able to incorporate other procedures into the facelift that would normally require another surgery. For example, a necklift or the insertion of facial implants can be done during the facelift surgery. It is the most comprehensive facial plastic surgery addressing the upper, mid, and lower sections of the face.
While non-surgical procedures require the individual to return for follow-up treatments, to maintain the desired result, a rhytidectomy usually lasts for as long as 10 years. The greatest feature of facelift surgery is the fact that most recipients look 10 years younger – not to mention more vibrant and alive!
All facial cosmetic surgeons, including Dr. Torgerson, agree that facial features are able to be contoured and re-shaped more successfully with this operation than any other procedure.
Commitment To Achieve Best Outcome
2 Week Recovery
Anyone considering a facelift needs to be able to book 2 weeks out of their schedule to heal properly. The most facial swelling and bruising occurs in the first week but the majority of people require the full 14 days before feeling comfortable enough with their appearance to return to public.
A realistic outlook is necessary before deciding to undergo a face-lift. This surgery will not change your personality or suddenly transform you into a Hollywood legend. The truth is, a good plastic surgeon’s goal is to make you look natural and fresh, not overdone or like someone else. This is the result you can expect after receiving facelift surgery from Dr. Torgerson and his professional operating team.
A positive outlook is also necessary to understand that a commitment on your own part is necessary achieve the best possible outcome from the surgery. Following pre- and post-op instructions is a requirement on the part of the recipient, and good skin maintenance following surgery is a must. The most discomfort will be experienced in the first 3 to 4 days, but the pain medication prescribed by the surgeon will allow the patient to be as comfortable as possible.
Booking an appointment with Dr. Torgerson at his private surgery facility in Yorkville will allow him to address any further concerns you have and answer any questions you would like to ask.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can You Add to Your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Cost
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- Facelift FAQs
- Facelift Preparation
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- Fat Grafting
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- The Benefits of a Mini Facelift
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Toronto Facelift Surgeons: Best Reasons to Act Now, Not Later
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- Toronto’s Top Facelift Surgeon’s Before and After Results
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?