Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
There are many things to consider when you are thinking about proceeding with facelift surgery.
It is important for anyone undergoing facelift surgery to be knowledgeable of every aspect of the procedure and be aware of what to expect after the operation. In our fully approved private plastic surgery clinic in downtown Toronto, patient care is our top priority.
Dr. Torgerson Makes Sure He Is Available For His Clients Via Text And Cell Phone
No Strenuous Activity
We assign a recovery nurse to our facelift clients immediately following surgery to monitor and assist them in any way. Normally, it takes up to 30 minutes to wake up from the effect of anaesthetics. Pain medication is prescribed to ensure minimal discomfort and antibiotics to reduce the risk of infection. After ensuring the patient is stabilized after approximately 4 hours, we discharge the facelift patient into the care of a friend or family member who will drive them home. Head dressings are removed at the clinic after 24 hours, and sutures are removed in stages after 5 days and 1 week. During this process, Dr. Torgerson makes sure he is available for his clients via text and cell phone to answer any of their questions or concerns.
No strenuous activity is advised for 2 weeks after facelift surgery. It is recommended that patients sleep using several propped up pillows to form a 30-degree angle and refrain from bending over. Both of these measures reduce blood flow to the head area. All medication that has the potential to cause excessive bleeding, such as warfarin or aspirin, should be avoided. Smoking delays the healing process and should also be avoided. Some people are in the habit of picking their faces. It is advised that patients refrain from all unnecessary touching of their faces. Exposure to sunlight should be minimal as well. It is recommended that hair dye not be used for the first month post-op. We also recommend that patients do no exercise and do their usual workout for 4 weeks following surgery.
Healing Process Continues Under The Surface Of The Skin
During the initial healing process, Dr. Torgerson should be contacted if his clients experience fever above 100 degrees Fahrenheit, notice seepage from their wounds, experience severe pain, or have wounds that re-open.
All facelift surgery results in bruising, swelling, and numbness. This is natural and should be expected, although even after 1 week, a marked reduction will be noticed. After just 2 weeks, the majority of bruises and most of the swelling will be gone, so patients will feel comfortable returning to work and their normal activities. Numbness may continue for several months as the healing process continues under the surface of the skin.
Why Are We Different?
Our clinic will book follow-up appointments for 1 year post- facelift surgery so that Dr. Torgerson can monitor the healing process. As previously stated, it is important to understand what to expect after a facelift procedure, and we highly recommend clearing your schedule completely for 2 weeks after surgery to aid the healing process. Although this may seem like a daunting task for a busy career person or someone with a full schedule, we are sure you will be delighted with the results of your facelift and extremely thankful that you made the sacrifice of your time. After all, the benefits of facelift surgery certainly outweigh the disadvantages. You will enjoy a revitalized face, the rejuvenation of your appearance, and the satisfaction of your own self-image.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can You Add to Your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Cost
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- Facelift FAQs
- Facelift Preparation
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- Fat Grafting
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- The Benefits of a Mini Facelift
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Toronto Facelift Surgeons: Best Reasons to Act Now, Not Later
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- Toronto’s Top Facelift Surgeon’s Before and After Results
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?