The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
Cosmetic surgery procedures are frequently associated with women, as traditionally women tend to be more concerned with maintaining their appearance than men.
However, as our society becomes more accepting of plastic surgery, more and more men are expressing an interest in cosmetic surgery and anti-aging treatments. In fact, since the year 2000, there has been a dramatic increase in the number of men choosing to undergo facial cosmetic surgery procedures. The Toronto facelift is popular with men too.
Objectives of Men Undergoing Facelift Surgery
What Is Facelift Surgery?
Facelift surgery, technically referred to as a rhytidectomy, is an elective cosmetic surgery procedure that works to reverse common signs of aging such as fine lines, wrinkles, and loose, sagging skin on the face and neck. During the face-lift, which is typically performed under a general anesthetic, the plastic surgeon makes a series of small incisions extending from the temple to the ears to raise the skin and tighten the underlying muscles.
An increasing number of men are requesting Toronto facelift surgery to accomplish one or more of the following goals:
- Restore volume to the face, achieving a more youthful appearance
- Eradicate wrinkles and excess sagging skin, improving the facial contour
- Tighten the jawline by removing the excess fatty tissue that frequently develops beneath the chin
- Target wrinkles and fine lines before they become pronounced
- Boost confidence and self-esteem, improving personal and professional success
- Adjust the facial features in a way that is both subtle and natural
How to Ensure a Natural Outcome
Unique Needs of Male Patients
To ensure a natural outcome that is as inconspicuous as possible, the incisions are strategically placed along the hairline or within the natural crease of the skin. Excess fat and skin may also be trimmed or removed using liposuction. Next, the skin is re-draped and sutured closed. Depending on the patient’s goals, the face lift may be combined with a brow lift or neck lift to achieve more consistent results.
Although men have many of the same goals as women undergoing face lift surgery, male patients have a number of unique needs. In most cases, male patients want to maintain or achieve strong facial features, which are considered masculine. As a result, the surgeon needs to use different techniques to achieve natural results that maintain the patient’s masculine profile. That is why it is crucial to select a plastic surgeon who has extensive experience working with male face-lift patients.
To learn more about this procedure and to determine your candidacy for a facelift in Toronto, we welcome you to contact our clinic today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Cory Torgerson, a renowned head and neck plastic surgeon. As a leading facial plastic surgeon in Toronto, Dr. Torgerson has years of experience and a sophisticated understanding of the unique needs of male patients. After listening to your goals for the procedure, Dr. Torgerson will develop a personalized treatment plan. With his innovative technique and sharp artistic eye, he will ensure that you achieve the youthful contour and natural outcome that you desire.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can You Add to Your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Cost
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- Facelift FAQs
- Facelift Preparation
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- Fat Grafting
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- The Benefits of a Mini Facelift
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Toronto Facelift Surgeons: Best Reasons to Act Now, Not Later
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- Toronto’s Top Facelift Surgeon’s Before and After Results
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?