The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
When it comes to maintaining a youthful appearance, there are more solutions available than ever before.
Injectable fillers to increase facial volume, neurotoxins to decrease small lines in the face, a plethora of lasers and skin peels to illuminate the complexion, not to mention-state-of-the-art creams to hydrate facial tissue. Although all of these methods offset the signs of aging, they are eventually trumped by wrinkles, fat loss, and fine lines, and the “gold standard” in facial cosmetic surgery may have to be employed to achieve the results you desire.
Removal Of Wrinkles By Surgery
Rhytidectomy – Facelift Gold Standard
The gold standard refers to a rhytidectomy, which is facelift surgery. Rhytis in Greek means “wrinkle”, and ectome means “excision” or “the removal of wrinkles by surgery”. Although many non-surgical methods delay the necessity of this operation, Dr. Cory Torgerson states that by the age of 59 or 60, this surgery may be the only way to maintain the look of youthful vitality that people desire. This is just a general rule, because there are many factors involved that determine when a rhytidectomy is a person’s only viable solution. Genetics, the amount of stress, and lifestyle choices all determine how quickly a person ages, and it may be necessary for some men or women to undergo facelift surgery at a much younger age.
Surgery facilities have been performing rhytidectomies for decades, and fortunately, operating methods have improved significantly over the years. Dr. Torgerson prefers to use the “open technique” method at his private surgery centre in Yorkville. He has determined that this technique produces longer-lasting results and a more thorough outcome for the patient. A tiny incision is made in front of the ears and along the hairline of the forehead. Dr. Torgerson uses his years of skill and artistry to ensure these incisions are not visible, but hidden from view. There are several steps involved in a rhytidectomy, but basically, the deep-skin tissue is tightened and draped in an upward motion, and then any excess fat that has accumulated is removed.
Results In A Person Appearing 10 Years Younger
The Number 10 Rule
It is recommended to book 2 weeks off work to heal sufficiently and feel comfortable in public. With the use of make-up, some patients are able to return to their normal schedule after only 1 week to 10 days. Pain medication will be prescribed and is usually necessary for the first 4 or 5 days post-op. Bruising and swelling, especially around the eyes and jowls, can be expected for the first week, after which the sutures will be removed.
The number 10 is the general rule for anyone thinking of a rhytidectomy because it usually results in a person appearing 10 years younger, and the improvements of the facelift can last 10 years and beyond. Dr. Torgerson emphasizes that this is a general rule and greatly depends on the facial care and skin maintenance that the patient practices afterwards.
If you have received many non-surgical treatments to maintain a fresh appearance but are concerned with the image you see in the mirror, perhaps a face lift consultation with Dr. Torgerson is the solution. In a private, confidential setting, he will assess your face and determine if facelift surgery would provide the outcome you are looking for.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can You Add to Your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Cost
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- Facelift FAQs
- Facelift Preparation
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- Fat Grafting
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- The Benefits of a Mini Facelift
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Toronto Facelift Surgeons: Best Reasons to Act Now, Not Later
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- Toronto’s Top Facelift Surgeon’s Before and After Results
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.