Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
If you would like to learn more about the advantages of a mini-lift and find out if you are a compatible candidate, please contact our Toronto plastic surgery centre!
For individuals weighing the differences between a minilift and a full facelift, the considerations need to include age, skin laxity, jowls, overall health, and a variety of other factors. A facial plastic surgeon will be able to help you consider all the options during a consultation; however, here are some of the main advantages of a minilift, which can help guide the decision-making process.
1. Reduced surgery time
While optimal outcomes should never be sacrificed for the sake of speed, reduced time spent in the operating room decreases possible operative and post-operative complications. The less time a facelift takes, the less anesthesia is required, thereby reducing the inherent risk of the facial plastic surgery. Minimizing the cosmetic surgeon’s time and requiring less anesthesia will also reduce the cost of minilift, which can be an important consideration for many patients.
2. Limited scarring
A minilift typically accesses the midface, jawline, and neck areas. The incisions are more limited than a full facelift, therefore creating less scarring lines. With a full facelift, sometimes a patient may feel the need to wear their hair in a certain way to cover the markings; however, with a minilift surgery, patients will be afforded more flexibility with how they wear their hair in the future.
With a mini-lift, patients can opt to have their facial plastic surgery procedure performed without general anaesthesia. This is great news for those who do not tolerate anaesthesia very well and experience post-operative vomiting and nausea. The facial plastic surgeon you choose will be able to discern which option is best for you to achieve optimal results.
4. Minimized risk
Because performing a mini-lift is less invasive than a full facelift, the risks of damaging the greater auricular nerve is reduced. The method of limited incisions and accessibility means that there will likely be less post-operative swelling, bleeding, or bruising.
5. Shorter recovery
Undergoing a mini lift means a shorter recovery time. Patients who need to be back at work quickly or have a busy social schedule will favour this option and appreciate the decreased recovery time. Typically, a mini lift requires only 5 to 7 days of rest time, compared to 7 to 14 days for a full facelift.
The right type of cosmetic surgeon
If you are exploring the options of a mini-lift as compared to a full facelift, make sure that you also explore the right type of cosmetic surgeon to perform your plastic surgery. A facial plastic surgeon is a cosmetic doctor that is an expert strictly in the head and neck. Focusing on the head and neck area means that the specialty area is concentrated and the surgeon is extremely familiar with facelift procedures (one of the most popular and common facial cosmetic surgeries). General plastic surgeons are those who do mainly body work such as breast implants, liposuction, or Brazilian butt lifts. It is best to choose a qualified expert for the specific cosmetic surgery that you are considering.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can You Add to Your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Cost
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- Facelift FAQs
- Facelift Preparation
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- Fat Grafting
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- The Benefits of a Mini Facelift
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Toronto Facelift Surgeons: Best Reasons to Act Now, Not Later
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- Toronto’s Top Facelift Surgeon’s Before and After Results
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?