Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
If you are considering face lift surgery, you are likely knowledgeable about the procedure itself, but the following facelift facts might surprise you.
Given our society’s preoccupation with eternal youth, it is no surprise that the Toronto facelift has quickly become one of the most frequently requested cosmetic surgeries. This facial plastic surgery procedure is designed to turn back the hands of time, combatting common signs of aging such as wrinkles, jowls, and sagging skin on the face and neck.
A Facelift Lifts the Muscular Layer, Not the Skin
A Facelift Is Often Combined with Fat Grafting
Most patients interested in facelift surgery believe that the procedure involves lifting the skin to smooth and tighten the face. However, this is a misconception about the procedure. In reality, lifting only the skin would not deliver long-lasting results due to the skin’s pliable nature. Instead, the muscle layer, or SMAS layer, is lifted, and excess skin is removed. This ensures the longevity of the results because, unlike skin, the SMAS layer will not relax overtime.
Over time, as a result of the natural aging process, we begin to lose volume in the face. In the event that you have lost considerable volume, a face-lift on its own may not enable you to achieve your desired results, as it does not add volume to the face. However, a Toronto facelift can be combined with facial fat grafting to add the desired volume to the face while also smoothing and tightening the skin and underlying muscle.
In most cases, the incisions for a face lift are made around the ear. Your plastic surgeon will carefully plan the incision sites to ensure that they are as inconspicuous as possible, taking your gender into account. Often the incision sites are planned around women’s hairstyles and men’s facial hair.
A Facelift Is Not a One-Size-Fits-All Procedure
Recovering From a Facelift Is Not Painful
Because of its ability to reverse the signs of aging, many people assume that a facelift is best suited to older patients. However, many patients chose to undergo this procedure as a preventative measure, combatting early signs of aging. Younger patients tend to have an easier recovery because they require a less aggressive procedure, whereas older patients, who tend to require more work, often take longer to recover.
While we can all think of examples of Hollywood stars who have undergone a dramatic facelift, the goal of a facelift should be to achieve subtle, natural-looking results that do not appear overdone. Patients who chose to undergo a more conservative Toronto facelift will look refreshed and invigorated without looking obviously “done”.
Each patient is unique, which means that face lifts need to be customized to suit each individual’s objectives and facial anatomy. During your one-on-one consultation, Dr. Torgerson will listen to your concerns and goals for the procedure and develop a personalized treatment plan tailored to your individual needs.
Many patients are surprised to learn that recovering from a Toronto facelift is not painful. While each individual has their own tolerance for pain, most patients describe the recovery period as uncomfortable rather than painful. Pain medication will be prescribed to ensure that you are kept comfortable and to alleviate the tight sensation you may feel in your neck.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can You Add to Your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Cost
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- Facelift FAQs
- Facelift Preparation
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- Fat Grafting
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- The Benefits of a Mini Facelift
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Toronto Facelift Surgeons: Best Reasons to Act Now, Not Later
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- Toronto’s Top Facelift Surgeon’s Before and After Results
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?