What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift?
It is normal to feel slightly anxious when considering any facial cosmetic surgery.
Preparing a list of questions prior to your initial consultation will ensure that you remember all of your concerns in order to gain complete understanding of the procedure.
Your first step is to book a private consultation at our Toronto surgery centre. Our friendly, knowledgeable staff will make you feel welcome and comfortable. You will find that Dr. Cory Torgerson is very approachable and happy to answer all of your questions. Our team at the Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Clinic are big believers in any prospective patient doing their research before choosing their top cosmetic surgeon. Full comprehension of rhinoplasty surgery alleviates concerns and prepares patients with what to expect.
The Rise In Men Undergoing Facelift Surgery
The first thing a man needs to know prior to booking a consultation with Dr. Torgerson is that it is not unusual for men to consider facial plastic surgery. The rise in men undergoing facelift surgery has exploded in recent years. It is essential that they do not feel sheepish or embarrassed that they are considering corrective measures. Naturally, men want to look their best, but one of the main reasons men consider surgery is because they feel it will enable them to succeed in the marketplace. If they look their best, it will help them climb the corporate ladder. It is essential that men realize that a facelift is not the solution for every problem in their lives. For example, a facelift will not solve the problem with their mother-in-law or ensure that they have a romantic encounter with a female half their age.
By the time a man considers a facelift, he has usually put on considerable weight. Between the ages of 25 and 45, the average male has gained between 15 and 25 pounds. This results in sagging and excess fat being stored in three main areas: under the chin, along the jawline, and in the upper eyelids. A facelift can tighten the skin and remove excess fat in all these areas. Once the jaw is defined and excess fat removed under the chin, it regains an overall masculine appearance. It is important that men reach their goal weight before surgery. Losing weight after a facelift may result in excess skin sagging again, therefore resulting in another surgery.
Results Of The Facelift Surgeries Looking Natural And Subtle
Keep Men Looking Masculine
Dr. Cory Torgerson’s experience in facial plastic surgery has enabled him to keep the results of his facelift surgeries looking natural and subtle. His expertise allows just the right amount of tightening. A few natural-looking lines make a businessman look more trustworthy, rather than like a “new kid on the block.” It is also Dr. Torgerson’s goal to keep a man looking masculine.
The basic structure of a male and female face is the same. Therefore, his methods used in surgery are generally the same with a few subtle differences in technique. Tiny incisions are made around the ears or in the upper brow, and then the skin is tightened and the underlying tissue and muscles are repositioned. There are differences in men’s hairline and beards, but every effort is made to hide incisions. Beard growth and receding hairlines are considered carefully prior to operating.
What Does Dr. Torgerson Recommend?
Dr. Torgerson recommends 2 weeks of downtime after a facelift procedure. An important consideration for a businessman is if he can spare that much time from his busy schedule. Women are able to hide bruising much more easily than a man with the use of makeup. Because of this, a man’s scars or bruises are usually more visible for a longer period of time, unless they would like to mask the lines with subtle corrective makeup as well.
Booking an appointment at our state-of-the-art Yorkville clinic in the centre of Toronto will enable men to discuss their concerns privately and in complete confidentiality.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can You Add to Your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Cost
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- Facelift FAQs
- Facelift Preparation
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- Fat Grafting
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- The Benefits of a Mini Facelift
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Toronto Facelift Surgeons: Best Reasons to Act Now, Not Later
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- Toronto’s Top Facelift Surgeon’s Before and After Results
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.