What to Expect from Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
Regardless of the type of facelift that has been performed, the healing process is quite similar, although the recovery timelines can vary.
Although it is extremely important to follow the pre- and post-operative instructions provided by your surgeon, many patients are surprised to learn just how easy the recovery process from a Toronto facelift is.
The Recovery Time
A Full Facelift
Following a mini facelift, in which smaller incisions are made, the recovery time will be shorter compared to a full facelift, where larger incisions are made and more extensive work is performed. Typically, recovery from a mini facelift takes around 7 to 10 days, whereas recovery from a full facelift is more likely to be around 2 or 3 weeks.
Immediately following the procedure, as the anesthetic wears off, patients usually wake up after about 30 minutes. It is normal and expected for the patient to feel quite groggy at first. After around 4 hours, once the clinic staff has ensured that the patient has stabilized, the patient is discharged into the care of family or friends to drive them home. After 24 hours, the head dressing and any drains will be removed. Sutures will remain in at this point and will be removed in stages after 5 days and after 1 week.
On Day 3 following the procedure, it is important to continue resting, although patients typically feel well enough to walk around by then. One of the main and most noticeable effects at that time will be swelling, which is most pronounced in the first 3 days. After the first 3 days have passed, the swelling should begin to subside.
Following the Post-Operative Instructions
Appearance After the Procedure
Most patients are able to stop using pain medications at that point. After approximately 1 week, when the sutures are removed, patients are able to sleep flat. However, the neck area is still likely to feel tight.
During Week 2 following a Toronto facelift, it is normal to still have some bruising and swelling around the face, neck, eyes, and ears. Numbness and tingling sensations in these areas are also a normal side effect of the bruising. Patients typically feel substantially better by the end of the second week. However, it is still important to avoid strenuous activity at this time.
After the second week is over, the appearance of the incisions begins to improve. Patients are usually able to comfortably attend social events and apply makeup without worry. However, it is normal, depending on the extent of work done, to still experience some swelling and tightness even during weeks 3 and 4 following the procedure.
One of the most important factors that will determine the ease of a Toronto facelift recovery is the technique and skill of the surgeon. It is extremely important to choose an experienced head and neck surgeon who can determine the best type of facelift for you and help you achieve optimal results. Furthermore, failure to follow the post-operative instructions provided by the surgeon will impede recovery and potentially lead to excess swelling, bruising, and pain. To avoid complications, it is also recommended to avoid smoking, sun exposure, and medications that can cause excessive bleeding during the recovery period.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can You Add to Your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Cost
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- Facelift FAQs
- Facelift Preparation
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- Fat Grafting
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- The Benefits of a Mini Facelift
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Toronto Facelift Surgeons: Best Reasons to Act Now, Not Later
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- Toronto’s Top Facelift Surgeon’s Before and After Results
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?