Reverse The Signs Of Aging
What is A Facelift?
Have you been considering a facelift?
Highly Trained Facial Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Torgerson As A Face Lift Expert
Dr. Torgerson is a highly trained Facial Plastic Surgeon – one of the few in Canada to have achieved his MD, PhD and FRCSC. This means his skills, expertise, and experience are highly targeted and focused on only the Head and Neck area, and few other surgeons have his credentials. His keen aesthetic eye coupled with his impeccable surgical skills ensures a facelift that results in youthful contours and a natural-looking outcome. Dr. Torgerson’s safety record, innovative techniques, and customized approach to each patient makes him a leader in his field when it comes to Facelift surgery.
The Age Of Facelift Patients Can Vary
Candidates For A Facelift
Patients who are great candidates for a facelift are usually seeking a positive solution to improve certain aspects of their face. Patients typically have begun to notice any of the following: sagging around the jawline and chin caused by loss of muscle tone; loose skin around the eyes, chin, mouth, and face; creases, fine lines, and wrinkles; and the mid-face beginning to sag. The ages of patients seeking facelift surgery can vary, since genetic factors, lifestyle choices, weight gain or loss, and natural changes all affect the look and feel of the skin on an individual basis. When these factors begin to alter a person’s overall appearance and the face no long reflects the energy and youthfulness one feels, it’s likely the right time to begin to consider facelift surgery. One of Dr. Torgerson’s plastic surgery mottos is “Do the Right thing at the right time.” If you are feeling and noticing the changes in your face, it is probably the perfect time for you to book a complimentary consultation to discuss a natural facelift.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Combining Plastic Surgery Procedures With A Facelift
Many times, other cosmetic procedures are done at the same time as a facelift. Some of the most common surgeries are blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery), neck lift and brow lift. Adding on these procedures will increase your overall facelift cost, however, the combined fee will still be lower than if you had each, individual, plastic surgery procedure performed separately. This is because, by combining the surgeries, you will only incur one facility fee and anaesthetic fee for that day and the facial plastic surgeon will likely give a reduced rate on the surgeon’s fee because of booking simultaneous procedures.
Top Face Lift Questions Asked By Patients
What factors should I consider before moving ahead with a Facelift?
Mini-Facelift vs. Full Facelift: Which is better?
What are the best alternatives to a FaceLift?
- Dermal filler to restore volume where it has been lost due to the aging process
- Botox to smooth out fine lines and wrinkles around the forehead and eyes
- Laser treatments such as C02 laser for skin tightening, skin resurfacing, and skin rejuvenation
- Ultherapy for lifting and tightening of the deeper muscle layers
Can I have other procedures done at the same time as a Facelift?
How many Facial Plastic Surgeons should I consult?
What medical tests are necessary before a Facelift?
Where will my actual Facelift surgery happen?
Facelift Cost In Toronto
The cost of a facelift in Toronto is an important factor in anyone’s decision to undergo facelift surgery. Financial considerations need to be made to decide if now is the right time to move forward with plastic surgery. Generally, a facelift cost should be inclusive of the facial plastic surgeons’ fee, the anesthesia fee and the facility fee (nurses, recovery room, supplies and medications on the day of the surgery), as well as any follow up appointments afterwards. Facelift surgery will be more expensive in urban areas where overhead costs are more expensive and there is greater demand. On the plus side of the equation, the facelift surgeons in a densely populated area who have higher fees than others likely have the expertise and qualifications you would want in a cosmetic surgeon, ensuring a better result.
Less invasive facelifts, such as a minilift, usually cost around $8,000 to $16,000, a full facelift cost will typically range from $19,000-$30,000 because it is more extensive.
Payment plans are available throughout Toronto to help offset the cost of the facelift and should be discussed with your face lift surgeon if its something you are considering utilizing.
Occasionally, there will be some additional basic costs associated to the facelift that you may have to pay for out of pocket. One may be the cost of the facelift prescription medication, such as antibiotics and painkillers, if you don’t have a drug plan to cover them; another could be the optional cost of a specialized head bandage for your facelift recovery afterwards, another might be the cost of an overnight nurse, should you desire extra care beyond the normal, necessary requirements.
The Facelift Consultation
During your initial complimentary consultation, you will have about 30 minutes to meet personally with Dr. Torgerson and discuss your areas of concern. Dr. Torgerson will do an in-depth analysis of your face to determine the areas that should be treated and provide you with a comprehensive plan of action and a personalized quote. Patients are then welcome to use the VECTRA 3D imaging system to help visualize the potential possibilities and outcomes. As an expert in facial structure and anatomy, Dr. Torgerson will be able to target the best treatment strategy to compliment your appearance. Some patients may require a full facelift, which will involve a neck lift, browlift, and eyelid surgery (also known as blepharoplasty), while others may only require a mini-facelift.
Viewing before and after photos of previous face lift patients is also an important component of the consultation. Not all patients have given permission for their photos to be used online, but many have approved in-office use. Therefore, at your consultation, you would be able to view an extensive before and after photo gallery of patients and see their results.
Following the initial consultation, patients can proceed with booking a second pre-operative appointment with Dr. Torgerson, following which they can proceed with selecting a surgery date. One of the fantastic benefits of having his own approved private surgical facility in Toronto is that Dr. Torgerson is easily able to accommodate a patient’s timeline for proceeding with surgery. In addition, the wait times are minimal compared to a surgeon operating out of a hospital.
There are some exciting new technologies that offer alternative cosmetic treatments for those worried about facelift surgery, those who are not great candidates for general anaesthesia or those unable to pay for the full cost of a facelift. These non-surgical treatments offer skin tightening and skin resurfacing to target wrinkles and skin laxity. Some of the procedures offered at Dr. Torgerson’s Toronto Cosmetic clinic for non-surgical facelift options are: Ultherapy- a technology that uses ultrasound waves to lift and tighten the skin and stimulate collagen, Fotona laser treatments such as Frac3, Smoothlifting, Hot Sculpting, or C02 laser to target skin concerns. A liquid facelift can also be achieved through the use of injectable dermal fillers such as Juvederm, Teosyal or Restylane to provide lift and contouring, and neurotoxins to target wrinkles and fine lines. Although nothing matches the effectiveness and quality of results of a true facelift, if you are looking for more a budget-conscious facelift cost, these cosmetic procedure alternatives may be right for you.
Facelift Trends And Statistics
The facelift trends and statistics across North America are showing an overall, steady consistency year over year according to many of the leading plastic surgery reports. In Toronto, Dr. Torgerson’s facelift clients continue to grow year over year- the increase can possibly be attributed to the baby boomer population desiring to look as youthful as they feel and having some excess cash in pocket at they near retirement. In terms of gender distribution, both males and females in Toronto and around the GTA are booking facelift surgeries, with women at a slightly higher percentage than their male counterparts. If you are considering facelift surgery and would like to learn more about facelift cost, recovery or to learn if you are a great candidate, we would love to hear from you. Please contact our Toronto location for more information.
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Facelift Preparation
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- Facelift Cost
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Facelift FAQs
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- Fat Grafting
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- The Benefits of a Mini facelift
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
- Facelift Toronto
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.