What is a facelift? Have you been considering a facelift?
The facelift, Toronto’s surgical facial rejuvenation, is increasingly popular and always improving. Categorized under facial rejuvenation, it’s designed to reverse signs of aging, giving both your face and neck a refreshed appearance. Throughout youth, the complexion is smooth, with soft volume. However, as we age, collagen, elasticity, and muscle firmness diminish. Facelift surgery comprehensively addresses multiple signs of aging from the eyes all the way down to the jawline and neck. Thanks to a maturing Baby Boomer generation, those seeking Facelift in Toronto with Dr. Cory Torgerson include growing numbers of men and women who wish to age more gracefully. It’s an incredibly rewarding surgery if performed by the best facelift surgeons who understand individual desires and needs. Patients love the long-term results obtained through a modern, natural facelift.
We invite you to experience the rewards of a welcoming environment where you’ll be listened to, understood, and delighted with the outcome. Dr. Torgerson is here to help empower you to make changes you desire to lead a truly beautiful life.
Highly Trained Facial Plastic Surgeon
Expert Face Lift- Toronto’s Dr. Torgerson
Dr. Torgerson is a highly trained Facial Plastic Surgeon – one of the few in Canada to have achieved his MD, Ph.D. and FRCSC. That means his skill and expertise are highly focused on only the Head and Neck area. Few other facelift surgeons have his credentials. His keen aesthetic eye coupled with advanced surgical knowledge ensure a facelift that results in youthful contours and a natural-looking outcome. Dr. Torgerson’s safety record, innovative techniques, and customized approach to each patient make him a leader in the field of Facelift surgery.
The Age of Facelift Patients Can Vary
Candidates for a Facelift in Toronto
To qualify for a facelift in Toronto, most clients are seeking a positive improvement for one or more aspects of their face. They may have begun to notice any of the following:
*Sagging around the jawline and chin caused by loss of muscle tone
*Loose skin around the eyes, chin, and mouth
*Creases, fine lines, and wrinkles with mid-face sagging
The ideal age for a facelift in Toronto can vary, since genetic factors, lifestyle choices, weight fluctuations, and natural changes affect facial tissue. When these factors begin to alter a person’s overall appearance and the face no longer reflects the energy and youthfulness they feel, it might be the right time to consider facelift surgery. Dr. Torgerson’s plastic surgery motto is “Do the Right thing at the right time.” If you’re noticing unwanted changes in your face, this may be the perfect time to book a consultation for a natural facelift.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Combining Plastic Surgery Procedures With A Facelift
In addition to a facelift, Toronto patients often add other procedures for a comprehensive refresh. Some of the most common surgeries are blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery), neck lift and brow lift. Adding these procedures will increase your overall facelift cost. However, the combined fee will still be lower than for each, individual, plastic surgery performed separately. Combining the surgeries means you’ll only incur one facility fee and anaesthetic fee, and the facial plastic surgeon will likely reduce their operating rate due to efficiency.
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors should I consider before moving ahead with a Facelift?
Patients need to consider all of the following when choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon for their Facelift in Toronto:
1) qualifications, 2) expertise, 3) their rapport and comfort level with the cosmetic surgeon, 4) the quality of the Facial Plastic Surgery facility, 5) where the surgery will be performed, 6) external factors like staff who work at the Cosmetic Surgery centre and how their consultation requests and appointments are handled, and 7) if patients connect with the aesthetic presented in the before and after photos of prior patients.
Mini-Facelift vs. Full Facelift: Toronto's Best Option
Determining whether a mini Facelift or a full Facelift is better for you depends on age, genetics, and aesthetic goals. Although a mini-facelift can be very appealing because it is less expensive and less invasive, it may not be the best choice for significant skin sagging. *A full facelift will also correct the neck, restructure deep tissues, the midface, and jowls for a more cohesive overall result. However, if you have minimal skin laxity or mild jowling, then a mini-lift may be the right decision.* All the options can be explored with Dr. Torgerson during your consult, and a perfectly personalized and tailored plan can be chosen when you’re ready.
What are the best alternatives to a FaceLift?
If you’re not quite ready for Facelift Surgery or can’t afford the downtime, other excellent non-surgical options include:
- Dermal filler to restore volume where it has been lost due to the aging process
- Botox to smooth out fine lines and wrinkles around the forehead and eyes
- Laser treatments such as C02 laser for skin tightening, skin resurfacing, and skin rejuvenation
- Ultherapy for lifting and tightening of the deeper muscle layers
Can I have other procedures done at the same time as a Facelift?
Absolutely, you can. Many patients decide to combine the procedure with a neck lift, browlift, blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery), or C02 laser. *To have multiple surgical procedures performed at once does not lengthen your recovery time, which is a benefit to addressing multiple areas of concern at the same time.*
How many Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeons should I consult?
The answer is, as many as necessary in order for you to find the cosmetic surgeon best suited to you and your needs. You need to feel comfortable with your plastic surgeon, establish a good rapport with him or her, and feel like your aesthetic goals for the facelift match up.
What medical tests are necessary before a Facelift in Toronto?
All patients are required to undergo blood tests, a chest X-ray, and occasionally an ECG before a facelift. Dr. Cory Torgerson goes above and beyond in his assessment of whether a patient is physically fit for surgery to ensure the absolute safety of his patients.
Where will my Facelift surgery happen?
Our Facelift Toronto location is a beautiful State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility in the heart of downtown. Dr. Torgerson oversees one of the few Fully Approved Level 3 Out of Hospital Premises in Toronto. In order to be approved, any cosmetic surgery clinic in Toronto must pass strict inspections and assessments coordinated by the governing body, the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO). Our facility exceeds provincial standards and offers incredible quality assurance. Having your face lift performed at a private surgery facility means better one-on-one medical attention than a hospital can offer. That’s because staff are selected personally by Dr. Torgerson, based on credentials and expertise. Private Surgery Centres also assure patients their Facial Cosmetic surgery won’t be rescheduled due to urgent cases as in public hospitals. The following glowing statements are derived from a CPSO inspection of Dr. Torgerson’s Facial Cosmetic Surgery Centre:
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
What Is The Price Of Facelift In Toronto?
The cost of a facelift in Toronto is an important factor in the decision to undergo facelift surgery. Financial considerations will be made to decide if this is your best time for plastic surgery. Generally, facelift costs should be inclusive of the facial plastic surgeons’ fee, anesthesia fee, and the facility fee (nurses, recovery room, supplies and medications the day of the surgery.) Any pre and post-operative appointments are also included. Facelifts in Toronto may be priced higher, like in other large urban centres with high real estate costs. On the plus side, facelift surgeons in a densely populated area offer advanced expertise and qualifications you want for the best facelift results.
Less invasive facelifts, such as a mini-lift, usually cost between $8,000 to $16,000. A full facelift cost typically ranges from $19,000-$30,000 because it is extensive and achieves dramatic improvements.
Payment plans are available throughout Toronto to help offset the cost of the facelift and should be discussed with your face lift surgeon if its something you are considering utilizing.
Occasionally, there will be additional costs associated with the facelift that you cover out of pocket. One may be the cost of prescription medication, such as antibiotics and pain medication if you don’t have drug plan coverage; another is the optional cost of a specialized head garment for your facelift recovery. An overnight nurse will also cost additional fees if you choose to have one.
Consultation by Dr. Cory Torgerson
During your consultation, you’ll have about 30 minutes to meet with Dr. Torgerson personally and discuss your areas of concern. Dr. Torgerson will complete an in-depth analysis of your face to determine areas that should be treated, provide a comprehensive plan, and a personalized quote. Patients are then welcome to use the Vectra 3D imaging system to help visualize the potential possibilities and outcomes. As an expert in facial structure and anatomy, Dr. Torgerson will be able to target the best treatment strategy to complement your appearance. Some patients may require a full facelift, which will involve a neck lift, browlift, and eyelid surgery (also known as blepharoplasty), while others may only require a mini-facelift.
Viewing facelift before and after photos from previous patients is also a critical component of the consultation. Not all patients have permitted their photos to be used online due to privacy, but many are happy to share for in-office use. Therefore, at your consultation, you can view an extensive before and after photo gallery of facelifts Toronto patients have had.
Following the initial consultation, patients can book a second pre-operative appointment with Dr. Torgerson, after which they can select a surgery date. One of the fantastic benefits of having his own approved private surgical facility in Toronto is that Dr. Torgerson is easily able to accommodate your timeline. In addition, wait times are minimal compared to a surgeon operating out of a public hospital.
Facelift Trends and Statistics
The facelift trends and statistics across North America are showing an overall, steady consistency year after year according to many leading plastic surgery reports. In Toronto, Dr. Torgerson’s facelift clients are increasing, in part due to the baby boomer population wishing to age gracefully and finally finances available for a few things they’ve always wanted. In terms of gender distribution, People booking facelifts in Toronto are male and female, with women at a slightly higher percentage than their male counterparts. If you’re considering facelift surgery and want to know your facelift cost, learn about recovery, or whether you’re a great candidate, we would love to hear from you. Please contact us for your assessment.
There are some exciting new technologies offering alternative cosmetic treatments for people not ready for facelift surgery, not candidates, or seeking lower-cost options. These non-surgical treatments offer skin tightening and skin resurfacing to target wrinkles and skin laxity. Procedures offered at Dr. Torgerson’s Toronto Cosmetic clinic for a non-surgical facelift include Ultherapy, a technology that uses ultrasound waves to lift the skin and stimulate collagen. Fotona laser skin treatments such as Frac3, SmoothLiftin, TightSculpting, and CO2 laser all target skin aging concerns.
A liquid facelift is achieved with fast, instant injectable dermal fillers such as Juvéderm, Teosyal, or Restylane. Facial fillers provide lift and contouring while neurotoxins target wrinkles and fine lines. Although nothing matches the dramatic effectiveness of a true facelift, Toronto budget-conscious, non-surgical options offer satisfying alternatives.
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can You Add to Your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Cost
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- Facelift FAQs
- Facelift Preparation
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- Facelift Toronto
- Fat Grafting
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- The Benefits of a Mini Facelift
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Toronto Facelift Surgeons: Best Reasons to Act Now, Not Later
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- Toronto’s Top Facelift Surgeon’s Before and After Results
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.