Ultherapy- A Face Lift With Ultrasound?
Many non-surgical, anti-aging methods are available to impede the inevitable effects of aging
Injectable fillers, neurotoxin injections, laser skin resurfacing, and Ultherapy are now being offered at private cosmetic clinics across Canada. Ultherapy, also known as Ulthera, is the only approved ultrasound cosmetic procedure available to the public, and Dr. Cory Torgerson considers it a valuable asset for his clients who want to avoid surgical procedures, but still achieve excellent results.
The “lift” is accomplished by using our own body’s collagen, which makes this cosmetic therapy effective, safe, and natural
Ultrasound technology has been harnessed and used successfully in the medical arena for over 50 years. In 2006, ultrasound therapy – ultherapy – was approved for use in the facial cosmetic industry to lift the neck, chin, and eyebrow area. Its energy has also been used to diminish fine lines and wrinkles. By focusing the ultrasound energy deep into underlying layers of skin, “neocollagenesis” takes place. The heat creates a natural response in skin cells, kickstarting the regenerative process of fresh collagen growth.
Without cutting or disturbing any skin, the correct temperature is able to penetrate to the exact depth needed in order to see amazing results. Ultherapy is able to reach layers that are usually only attained by facial cosmetic surgery. Laser skin resurfacing uses light energy, whereas ultrasound uses sound energy to create an image that helps the doctor see the correct depth.
Ultherapy is safe and has little side effects
During & After Ultherapy Treatment
A treatment usually takes 60 to 120 minutes to complete, depending on how many areas are being treated. Ultrasound gel is applied to the face and neck, and a smooth handpiece is placed against the skin. With the use of ultrasound imaging, the doctor is able to determine the necessary depth for the energy to penetrate. The treatment is not painful, but clients are able to feel tiny amounts of energy, which only confirm the initiation of collagen growth. Normally, only one session is necessary to thwart the effects of sun exposure, gravity, and aging. Some people notice immediate results in the firmness of their skin, but the real results are evidenced over the following 2 to 3 months as the collagen growth continues. Some people experience slight swelling and a pinkish colour following a session, but these diminish after just a few hours. There is absolutely no downtime necessary with ultherapy!
Dr. Torgerson will be the first to tell you that, although ultherapy is excellent for lifting the neck and forehead areas as well as improving the overall texture and smoothness of your skin, it cannot produce the same results that a surgical facelift accomplishes. The advances in non-invasive cosmetic procedures over the last 15 years have been phenomenal, but surgery trumps all other anti-aging methods. Although Ultherapy is safe and has little side effects, sessions should also be administered only by trained, licenced professionals.
There are so many anti-aging cosmetic procedures available, the only way to determine if Ulthera is the best solution for you is to book a consultation at our facial cosmetic clinic in Yorkville. Dr. Torgerson would then be able to assess your needs, and you would be able to view before and after photos of other clients who have achieved excellent results with ultherapy.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Facelift Preparation
- Facelift Cost
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can You Add to Your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- The Benefits of a Mini Facelift
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- Toronto’s Top Facelift Surgeon’s Before and After Results
- Toronto Facelift Surgeons: Best Reasons to Act Now, Not Later
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- Facelift Toronto
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- Fat Grafting
- Facelift FAQs
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.