Ablative Laser Treatments
Laser skin resurfacing is divided into two sections: ablative and non-ablative skin therapy.
Although ablative laser means that it is more invasive, anyone considering laser skin therapy should not be hesitant to look at this as an option. There are advantages to ablative laser treatments, and the experts at Dr. Cory Torgerson’s laser clinic would be pleased to discuss them with you at a private consultation.
Ablative laser treatments
Several types of ablative laser treatments are offered at Dr. Torgerson’s facial cosmetic and laser centre. They include Ipixel erbium laser and CO2 laser resurfacing. These methods have gained popularity in recent years as alternatives to facial cosmetic surgery. They have all been approved for use in Canada for well over a decade as well as approved in the U.S. by the Food and Drug Administration.
Ipixel erbium laser therapy injects heat deep into the skin cells using roller technology and a micro-optic lens. Pixel-sized dots target areas 20 to 50 microns deep. The depth of the laser beam is determined by the recipient’s skin type. The laser heat causes collagen production and new skin cells to form. As the skin heals, it tightens and smooths out fine lines and wrinkles. Immediately following the therapy, skin will seem tighter and may feel as if you’ve gotten a sunburn. In 3 to 7 days, skin will have returned to its normal colour and you will be excited to notice its smooth texture along with a brighter complexion. Ipixel therapy heals faster than CO2 therapy because only 20% of the skin is targeted by the laser beam.
CO2 laser is the most intense skin resurfacing technology available. A high-energy, fractionated laser beam is passed over the entire top layer of the skin, causing damaged cells to heat up and vaporize. The carbon dioxide laser removes the older layer of skin, revealing a smoother, softer layer underneath. CO2 laser therapy is excellent for removing deep acne scars, sun damage, uneven pigmentation, and age spots. Although this is the most invasive laser therapy, Dr. Torgerson offers either conscious sedation or complete sedation to his patients. It is very important that patients follow the skin care instructions they are given post-treatment, as the new layer of skin will be sensitive while it is healing. Special cream, similar to Vaseline, will be prescribed to protect the skin. The treated surface area of the face and neck will be red immediately following the treatment, then turn pink before returning to normal. The dead skin will gradually form a crust and fall off with each cleansing. It is usually necessary to have 5 to 7 days of downtime and low activity before the skin completely heals.
Advantages of Ablative laser
Ablative laser treatments do require downtime for the healing process to take place, but these amazing lasers are able to deal with more skin concerns and issues than non-invasive laser therapy. Deeper wrinkles and lines are able to be targeted and smoothed out, skin is tightened, and pigmentation issues erased. Other skin concerns besides aging issues are also able to be dealt with successfully. Laser candidates are thrilled to see youthful skin revealed and a glowing complexion result from their session. Although the cost for ablative laser treatments is higher, the advantage is that the skin resurfacing can be accomplished in one session rather than returning each month for several laser sessions.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- ND-YAG Laser
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Treating Acne with CO2
- Safety of Laser Treatments
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Scar Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.