Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
While some popular Plastic Surgery procedures target the signs of aging, other cosmetic surgeries are tailored towards achieving facial balance and harmony.
One of the primary concerns of any cosmetic surgery patient is facial balance. In order for any procedure to look natural and consistent with the rest of the individual’s features, it needs to be balanced with the rest of the face. Cosmetic Surgery Patients may be interested in a rhinoplasty to remove a bump in the bridge of the nose or a chin augmentation to change the chin’s shape. The Facial Plastic Surgeon performing the surgery must have a keen understanding of facial anatomy for the procedure to be done properly. The surgeon should also have an eye for artistic symmetry and balance.
Dr. Torgerson has outstanding experience and a solid reputation as one of the leaders performing rhinoplasty and chin augmentation in Canada’s Facial Plastic Surgery industry.
WHEN ARE FEATURES CONSIDERED BALANCED?
A person’s face is considered well-balanced when the forehead, the nose, and the chin make up equal thirds of the face from the front, face-on view.
Balance is also considered from the profile, as it looks at the forehead, the nose, and the chin from the side view. If someone’s chin is receded, they may consider a chin augmentation, or a patient may consider some type of change to their nose so their facial features appear more harmonious. Balance is achieved when the features align nicely.
COSMETIC PROCEDURES THAT HELP PATIENTS ACHIEVE FACIAL BALANCE
Rhinoplasty surgery is often done to reduce the size of the nose, thereby allowing for better symmetry, both from the front (i.e. reducing the wideness of the nostrils) and from the profile, as the nose may have an unwanted bump or hook-like characteristic.
Sometimes after a rhinoplasty is complete, it is apparent to the patient that their chin and neck do not balance with their new, defined nose. If the neck skin is loose and the chin is too small, it may seem unbalanced with the look of the reconstructed nose. Similarly, if a chin implant is completed, it may overpower the nose, causing an unbalanced aesthetic.
Using the VECTRA 3D imaging technology with Dr. Torgerson prior to undergoing any Facial Cosmetic Surgery will help to combat this, as patients are able to view the anticipated final results before surgery. Dr. Torgerson can make suggestions as to what changes will work best to result in a balanced appearance. He can even demonstrate what these changes would look like with the VECTRA imaging system.
WHY CHOOSE DR. TORGERSON?
Another procedure that can alter facial balance is otoplasty. Otoplasty is ear surgery commonly referred to as having one’s ears pinned back. When someone’s ears stick out too far from their head or are an odd shape, this can cause insecurity. Many people aren’t pleased with their ears, to the point where they style their hair so as to cover them up. These people might opt for otoplasty to achieve facial balance.
The best way to find out what plastic surgery choices would be right for you is to consult your facial plastic surgeon. Dr. Torgerson is a renowned facial plastic surgeon in Toronto who offers consultations where he will discuss your desired results with you. Given his expertise, along with the use of state-of-the-art 3D imaging technology, he will be able to advise you on how best to achieve the results you desire.
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When the Weather in Toronto Gets Colder
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.