Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
There is no doubt that laser technology is gaining popularity at facial cosmetic surgery clinics all over the globe.
The results of new laser advancements are proudly displayed on the faces of both men and women who are happily defying the aging process. There are definite advantages as well as disadvantages when substituting laser technology for traditional facial cosmetic surgery. A complete understanding of both will enable any potential client to make an informed decision as to which laser procedure would best suit their needs, including if the non-surgical laser face lift is right for you.
Face lift treatmentts
Dr. Cory Torgerson’s goal in performing either a traditional facelift or one of his laser treatments is the same. He desires to minimize the effects of aging as much as possible by targeting the areas of the face that are most susceptible to the aging process. Fine lines around the eyes or mouth as well as sagging jowls are usually the areas of the face that cause the most concern. By tightening the skin and minimizing the lines, the inevitable results of getting older are curtailed. Patient requests are also taken into account, as some patients simply prefer a non-surgical facelift approach over a surgical facelift.
One advantage to using laser technology is the amount of time required for recovery. Most laser treatments are non-invasive and require little or no downtime, whereas a traditional facelift would necessitate taking 10 days to 2 weeks off of work.
Another advantage of a non-surgical face lift to offset the effects of aging is the cost. It is a much cheaper alternative compared to undergoing a facial cosmetic face lift. This is because it can be performed by only one professional rather than a surgical team and does not require an operating facility (although Dr. Torgerson’s private surgery centre has achieved the highest rating offered by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO).
All of the laser treatments available at Dr. Torgerson’s Yorkville laser clinic can be administered without being completely sedated. The use of a local anaesthetic or a topical solution is usually sufficient to offset any discomfort.
Laser Facial Technologies
Laser technology is also an excellent alternative if the client is concerned about superficial or medium-depth wrinkles. If the aging process has progressed to an extent where the wrinkles are deep and sagging skin is exorbitant, the only alternative would be to undergo a traditional facelift surgery.
A disadvantage to laser treatment is the amount of time the procedure lasts before another one is required. With advanced flourescence technology (AFT) – the next-generation intense pulsed light (IPL) laser treatment – annual maintenance is recommended to sustain its effects. CO2 laser treatments have had measurable results for up to 5 years’ time. The results of traditional face lift surgery is considered long lasting and will last much longer outside of regular, continued aging.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- ClearLift And How It Works
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- ND-YAG Laser
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Safety of Laser Treatments
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Scar Treatments
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.