Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
There is no doubt that laser technology is gaining popularity at facial cosmetic surgery clinics all over the globe.
The results of new laser advancements are proudly displayed on the faces of both men and women who are happily defying the aging process. There are definite advantages as well as disadvantages when substituting laser technology for traditional facial cosmetic surgery. A complete understanding of both will enable any potential client to make an informed decision as to which laser procedure would best suit their needs, including if the non-surgical laser face lift is right for you.
Face lift treatmentts
Dr. Cory Torgerson’s goal in performing either a traditional facelift or one of his laser treatments is the same. He desires to minimize the effects of aging as much as possible by targeting the areas of the face that are most susceptible to the aging process. Fine lines around the eyes or mouth as well as sagging jowls are usually the areas of the face that cause the most concern. By tightening the skin and minimizing the lines, the inevitable results of getting older are curtailed. Patient requests are also taken into account, as some patients simply prefer a non-surgical facelift approach over a surgical facelift.
One advantage to using laser technology is the amount of time required for recovery. Most laser treatments are non-invasive and require little or no downtime, whereas a traditional facelift would necessitate taking 10 days to 2 weeks off of work.
Another advantage of a non-surgical face lift to offset the effects of aging is the cost. It is a much cheaper alternative compared to undergoing a facial cosmetic face lift. This is because it can be performed by only one professional rather than a surgical team and does not require an operating facility (although Dr. Torgerson’s private surgery centre has achieved the highest rating offered by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO).
All of the laser treatments available at Dr. Torgerson’s Yorkville laser clinic can be administered without being completely sedated. The use of a local anaesthetic or a topical solution is usually sufficient to offset any discomfort.
Laser Facial Technologies
Laser technology is also an excellent alternative if the client is concerned about superficial or medium-depth wrinkles. If the aging process has progressed to an extent where the wrinkles are deep and sagging skin is exorbitant, the only alternative would be to undergo a traditional facelift surgery.
A disadvantage to laser treatment is the amount of time the procedure lasts before another one is required. With advanced flourescence technology (AFT) – the next-generation intense pulsed light (IPL) laser treatment – annual maintenance is recommended to sustain its effects. CO2 laser treatments have had measurable results for up to 5 years’ time. The results of traditional face lift surgery is considered long lasting and will last much longer outside of regular, continued aging.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- ND-YAG Laser
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Treating Acne with CO2
- Safety of Laser Treatments
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Scar Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- Ablative Laser Treatments
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.