Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
Year after year, Toronto facelifts remain very popular among cosmetic surgery clients.
One of the primary reasons for their popularity is the fact that the results are typically far longer-lasting than those achieved with non-invasive procedures.
How to Achieve the Best Results
For people contemplating a facelift, there are a few questions that come up frequently. Here are the answers to your top 6 Toronto facelift questions:
1. Who is a good candidate for a facelift?
An ideal candidate for a Toronto facelift is typically around 45 to 50 years of age. This is because the results are usually more natural-looking and effective if visible signs of aging are tackled sooner rather than later. Although this is the optimal age, there is no set age or profile for a facelift candidate. Following a consultation, the procedure is typically individualized to account for factors such as age, body type, skin type, etc.
It is also necessary for the candidate to be in good overall health and be emotionally prepared to undergo this life-changing surgery. The ideal candidate should also be prepared to follow post-operative advice closely and be able to get at least 2 or 3 weeks of downtime from work.
2. What kind of facelift is best?
A facelift is not a one-size-fits-all procedure. The best results are achieved when the surgery is customized to individual conditions. Therefore, there is no single type of facelift that is the best for everyone.
The most important factor is to find a highly skilled and experienced facial plastic surgeon who is able to identify which kind of facelift will work best for you. At Dr. Torgerson’s Facial Plastic Surgery Clinic in downtown Toronto, he uses a highly advanced 3D imaging system to generate possible post-op results for patients to preview before undergoing the procedure. After an in-depth evaluation where the amount of sagging and laxity of the skin is assessed and your skin quality and age are taken into account, Dr. Torgerson is able to recommend the best type of facelift to achieve the results you are looking for.
The Recovery Time
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
3. How long does the surgery take, and what is the recovery time?
This will depend on the extent of the procedure. With a mini facelift, most patients are done in around 2 hours, whereas a full Toronto facelift usually takes 3 to 4 hours or even longer if combined with another procedure.
Recovery time also varies, but swelling typically goes down in 10 to 14 days, and patients are often able to return to work in 2 weeks.
4. What are the risks?
When performed at the hands of a skilled and experienced surgeon, facelifts are typically a safe procedure. However, as with any surgery, there are some inherent risks. Infection, although rare, is possible as well as bleeding in the post-operative period, resulting in hematomas.
5. How will I look different following a facelift?
Once the swelling has subsided and the healing process is well underway, most patients find that they look “refreshed” following a Toronto facelift. Dr. Torgerson places great importance on natural-looking results versus a “pulled” or “done” look.
6. What should I look for in a plastic surgeon?
It is extremely important to choose a well-known surgeon who is certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. They should not be a general plastic surgeon, but one who specializes in facial plastic surgery of the head and neck. Since a facial cosmetic surgeon is an expert in the anatomy of the face, they are best equipped to perform a successful and natural-looking facelift.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Facelift Preparation
- Facelift Cost
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can You Add to Your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- The Benefits of a Mini Facelift
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- Toronto’s Top Facelift Surgeon’s Before and After Results
- Toronto Facelift Surgeons: Best Reasons to Act Now, Not Later
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- Facelift Toronto
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- Fat Grafting
- Facelift FAQs
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.