Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
Year after year, Toronto facelifts remain very popular among cosmetic surgery clients.
One of the primary reasons for their popularity is the fact that the results are typically far longer-lasting than those achieved with non-invasive procedures.
How to Achieve the Best Results
For people contemplating a facelift, there are a few questions that come up frequently. Here are the answers to your top 6 Toronto facelift questions:
1. Who is a good candidate for a facelift?
An ideal candidate for a Toronto facelift is typically around 45 to 50 years of age. This is because the results are usually more natural-looking and effective if visible signs of aging are tackled sooner rather than later. Although this is the optimal age, there is no set age or profile for a facelift candidate. Following a consultation, the procedure is typically individualized to account for factors such as age, body type, skin type, etc.
It is also necessary for the candidate to be in good overall health and be emotionally prepared to undergo this life-changing surgery. The ideal candidate should also be prepared to follow post-operative advice closely and be able to get at least 2 or 3 weeks of downtime from work.
2. What kind of facelift is best?
A facelift is not a one-size-fits-all procedure. The best results are achieved when the surgery is customized to individual conditions. Therefore, there is no single type of facelift that is the best for everyone.
The most important factor is to find a highly skilled and experienced facial plastic surgeon who is able to identify which kind of facelift will work best for you. At Dr. Torgerson’s Facial Plastic Surgery Clinic in downtown Toronto, he uses a highly advanced 3D imaging system to generate possible post-op results for patients to preview before undergoing the procedure. After an in-depth evaluation where the amount of sagging and laxity of the skin is assessed and your skin quality and age are taken into account, Dr. Torgerson is able to recommend the best type of facelift to achieve the results you are looking for.
The Recovery Time
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
3. How long does the surgery take, and what is the recovery time?
This will depend on the extent of the procedure. With a mini facelift, most patients are done in around 2 hours, whereas a full Toronto facelift usually takes 3 to 4 hours or even longer if combined with another procedure.
Recovery time also varies, but swelling typically goes down in 10 to 14 days, and patients are often able to return to work in 2 weeks.
4. What are the risks?
When performed at the hands of a skilled and experienced surgeon, facelifts are typically a safe procedure. However, as with any surgery, there are some inherent risks. Infection, although rare, is possible as well as bleeding in the post-operative period, resulting in hematomas.
5. How will I look different following a facelift?
Once the swelling has subsided and the healing process is well underway, most patients find that they look “refreshed” following a Toronto facelift. Dr. Torgerson places great importance on natural-looking results versus a “pulled” or “done” look.
6. What should I look for in a plastic surgeon?
It is extremely important to choose a well-known surgeon who is certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. They should not be a general plastic surgeon, but one who specializes in facial plastic surgery of the head and neck. Since a facial cosmetic surgeon is an expert in the anatomy of the face, they are best equipped to perform a successful and natural-looking facelift.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- Facelift Cost
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- Facelift Preparation
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Facelift FAQs
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- Fat Grafting
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- The Benefits of a Mini facelift
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
- Facelift Toronto
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.