Are You a Good Candidate for a Facelift?
Some people panic when the first wrinkle appears on their face, thinking they’d better book a facelift surgery as soon as possible.
Other people, who could definitely benefit from undergoing a rhytidectomy, or face-lift, put the surgery off for far too long and opt for only non-surgical methods to maintain their looks. So what are the facts? When are you a good candidate to receive a facelift?
No Set Age For The Surgery
Offset The Signs Of Aging
The first important thing to understand is that there is no set age when people should “undergo the knife”. Genetics play a significant role in how quickly we age; therefore, everyone matures at a different pace. By the time two people reach the age of 40, one may appear to be 8 to 10 years older, whereas the other person looks 30. There is no sense beating yourself up if you are in the category of looking older than your peers, because it is definitely out of your control. A consistent skincare regimen as well as the plentiful non-surgical treatments now available can offset the signs of aging significantly.
As a general rule, most people will require facelift surgery between the ages of 50 to 60. By the time they reach this age category, facial cosmetic treatments are unable to maintain the fresh, youthful vitality of your face or the bright complexion you once had. Sun exposure, the effects of gravity, the loss of elasticity in your facial tissues, and the ramifications of smoking are now evident.
Excellent Candidate To Receive A Rhytidectomy
Prevent Loose Skin
Two areas that usually experience deep wrinkles are nasolabial folds – the lines between the nose and the mouth – and marionette lines, which are found from the edges of the mouth down to the chin. Smile lines around the eyes may have gotten deeper over time as well. If weight gain has occurred in your body, it usually results in excess fatty tissue in your face. This builds over the years and can cause loose skin, such as double chins or fat deposits in the cheeks and jawline. Loss of muscle tone occurs over the entire facial regions, causing sagging and folds. These sags are normally most evident in the lower face, causing jowls to form.
If any or all of the symptoms listed above are occurring in your facial features, you are probably an excellent candidate to receive a rhytidectomy – commonly known as facelift surgery. The great news is that in one fell swoop, all of these indications of ageing can be dealt with. By undergoing just one face lift surgery, you will enjoy the results for many years. Although the financial outlay is more at the time, patients who choose a facelift do not have to continually make visits to Dr. Cory Torgerson’s private clinic in Yorkville to receive as many non-surgical treatments.
Facelift surgery is definitely the most comprehensive facial cosmetic procedure that addresses the most concerns. This is the reason it is known amongst plastic surgeons as the “gold standard”. If you would like to restore a firmer, smoother appearance and turn back the clock on your aging process, please book a facelift consultation with Dr. Cory Torgerson in Toronto!
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can you add to your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Facelift Cost
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- Facelift Preparation
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Facelift FAQs
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- Fat Grafting
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- The Benefits of a Mini facelift
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
- Facelift Toronto
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.