Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
There are more options than ever before for people who are nervous about facelift surgery.
Modern technology now offers several other methods to modify the signs of aging. Dermal fillers, ultrasound waves, and laser treatments are being used as alternatives in the anti-aging war!
Injectable fillers are also known as a liquid facelift. Facial volume loss and fine lines are synonymous with aging. With the use of tiny needles, hyaluronic acid in the form of a liquid gel is injected underneath the skin. This gel is a synthetic form of a natural protein that our skin already produces. It is an incredibly quick and painless method of restoring facial volume and smoothing out fine lines and wrinkles. The results of injectable fillers lasts from 6 months to 18 months, depending on the type of product used. Top fillers offered at Dr. Cory Torgerson’s Toronto clinic include Juverderm, Redensity 11, Perlane, Voluma Lift, and Teosyal.
Botox & Ultherapy
Neuromodulators are a top wrinkle treatment administered with tiny needles as well. The function of Neurotoxins, however, is different than dermal fillers. Neuromodulators are a protein and has been approved for use in North America for a couple of decades now. The substance paralyzes facial muscles by blocking nerve impulses. This results in reduced muscle activity and smooths out lines and wrinkles. After 4 to 6 months, muscles return to normal function and, without further maintenance of the injections, the lines slowly return to their original state. There are a variety of nueromodulators that are gaining in popularity as an effective alternative as well.
Another non-surgical facelift option is Ultherapy. Ultherapy is a non-invasive skin-tightening method using ultrasound technology. Although ultrasound has been in use for 50 years, Ultherapy is the only cosmetic ultrasound method that is approved by Health Canada and by the U.S. Food and Drug Association (FDA). As ultrasound waves are applied, the muscles below the epidermis heat up, which increases blood flow and aids in the drainage of waste from the skin. As the waves penetrate, it causes an increase in collagen production, which comes out in full approximately 3 months post-treatment. Ultherapy results in the tightening of lines and wrinkles as well as the lifting of the muscle and skin, which only needs to be maintained once per year.
Clearlift, Pixel Erbium laser, and CO2 laser treatment
Lastly, skin laser treatments are available in many different forms and can help to provide the effects of a non-surgical facelift. Light laser therapy, known as our Clearlift system, uses pulsed light to minimize crow’s-feet around the eyes and tiny wrinkles on the upper lip. The pulses create deep heat, which promotes collagen production. This results in better skin texture but also tightens fine lines and wrinkles. The Clearlift laser treatment demands no downtime but does require approximately 4 treatments to maximize its potential.
Another laser treatment method that is really effective in resurfacing the skin is the Pixel Erbium laser. This laser creates tiny perforations on the surface of the skin, stimulating collagen growth. This laser will also address fine lines and wrinkles and help minimize the effects of sun damage. The Pixel Erbium laser treatment perforates the skin with deeper thermal heating than the usual IPL laser. This method will stimulate new cell growth, providing healthy, tighter skin as a result. Pixel laser treatments require 3 to 7 days of downtime to allow for the healing process while the new skin forms.
However, above all, the CO2 laser treatment is the best laser in Canada for the non-surgical facelift properties. It is the most powerful ablative and non-ablative technology on the market to give your skin a total makeover with skin resurfacing properties that no laser can best. The downtime with the CO2 laser is more like 10 days to 1 week, but the results are stunning, effectively targeting the visible signs of aging on anyone’s skin.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- Facelift Cost
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- Facelift Preparation
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Facelift FAQs
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- Fat Grafting
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- The Benefits of a Mini facelift
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
- Facelift Toronto
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.