Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
Which procedures are best for you?
If you are considering plastic surgery, several factors should be weighed before making your choice. While there are many benefits to cosmetic surgery, such as improved appearance and greater self-confidence, it is not a decision to be taken lightly.
While you may already have an idea about which procedures you would like, it is best to have a full assessment with Dr. Torgerson and discuss your main areas of concern with him and what goals you would like to achieve through facial plastic surgery. From there, Dr. Torgerson will be able to make recommendations on which procedures can best help you achieve results that accomplish those expectations.
Are You A Good Candidate?
Generally, you are a good candidate for cosmetic surgery procedures if you are in good health and have reasonable expectations. Certain health conditions, including high blood pressure, diabetes, or depression, may restrict you from some surgical procedures. You should be completely upfront with your surgeon about any health conditions, including about any over-the-counter vitamin or herbal supplements that you may be taking. Some of these could react with medication that you might be prescribed or negatively influence bleeding during surgery. If you are a smoker, you may be required to quit for at least 2 weeks prior to the surgery and remain smoke-free for an additional 2 to 4 weeks following the surgery. This really improves your healing time and is to your benefit!
Reasonable expectations are also key. During your plastic surgery consultation, Dr. Torgerson will show you before and after photos from previous cosmetic surgery patients to give you an idea of what you may reasonably expect. He will only recommend procedures that he believes will improve your appearance and that are suitable for you. One of Dr. Torgerson’s favourite mottos is “Do the Right Thing at the Right Time”. His goal is to always strive for results that are natural and complimentary to you.
Our Private Toronto Facial Plastic Surgery Centre
Dr. Torgerson’s Yorkville, Toronto, facial plastic surgery clinic is designed with the comfort and safety of the patient in mind. From top-of-the-line equipment to open spaces, contemporary décor, and natural lighting, every detail has been meticulously planned to help your experience with Dr. Torgerson to be a pleasant one.
Selecting A Cosmetic Surgeon
Any cosmetic surgeon that you choose should have the credentials and experience to perform the procedure that you are seeking to have done.
If you are consulting with more than one doctor, don’t be afraid to ask about their board certifications and what kind of experience they have working with patients who have conditions similar to yours. Many patients do not realize that there are 2 different categories of plastic surgeons: a facial plastic surgeon is an expert in head and neck cosmetic procedures and should be chosen for any plastic surgery involving your face. A general plastic surgeon is a specialist in the body and should be chosen for body work such as breast implants or tummy liposuction. When choosing your plastic surgeon, be sure to research and choose your plastic surgeon appropriately based on their credentials.
Why Choose Dr. Torgerson?
Dr. Torgerson has performed a wide range of cosmetic procedures – both surgical and non-surgical – for a multitude of clients. He is one of the most talented and respected facial cosmetic surgeons in Canada and is certified by Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in Head, Neck, and Facial Plastic surgery. With a keen understanding of facial anatomy and superior surgical and artistic skills, he is able to achieve high-quality results.
More than a skilled surgeon, however, Dr. Torgerson truly cares about his patients. He is passionate about performing an excellent job and also committed to his patients’ health and comfort at every stage of every procedure. Communication with patients is important, including details on how to prepare for surgery and what to expect after surgery and information about anaesthesia.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Fat Grafting
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Facelift Preparation
- Facelift Cost
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can You Add to Your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- The Benefits of a Mini Facelift
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- Toronto’s Top Facelift Surgeon’s Before and After Results
- Toronto Facelift Surgeons: Best Reasons to Act Now, Not Later
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- Facelift Toronto
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- Facelift FAQs
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.