Cosmetic Laser Treatments
The introduction of laser into the world of facial cosmetic surgery has added an exciting alternative for people who are interested in aging gracefully.
For those who were perhaps fearful to undergo “the knife”, but who are hoping to stall the effects of aging, laser offers not only a solution, but a dramatic solution at that! The last 10 years have seen some exciting advancements in laser technology, and Dr. Cory Torgerson is pleased to offer these alternatives at his laser centre in Yorkville.
Alleviate Any Fears
Previously, laser technology was used primarily for surgical procedures, but now state-of-the-art equipment enables several non-invasive options for people who are concerned with skin defects as well as aging wrinkles. Only the most up-to-date, advanced laser equipment is used at Dr. Torgerson’s laser clinic, and it is only operated by him and qualified personnel. This will alleviate any fears that potential clients may have regarding equipment or unskilled staff.
Cosmetic laser treatments are divided into 2 categories: ablative and non-ablative procedures, which basically indicates the amount of downtime needed for the skin to completely heal and return to normal. One way to discern the difference is that non ablative laser methods deal primarily with the underlying skin tissues beneath the surface, whereas ablative laser treatments target the top layers of the skin. Because the top layers are visible, more time is necessary to restore the appearance of the skin.
Both ablative and non-ablative laser treatments are excellent methods of tightening sagging wrinkles and lines in the skin. Non ablative laser deals with superficial wrinkles, while the ablative laser treatment is excellent at tightening deeper wrinkles. Both laser procedures stimulate collagen reproduction in the client’s skin tissue by using different methods. This results in a brighter complexion as well as a smoother, more youthful appearance. Laser treatments are perfect solutions to a drab, lifeless skin colour.
Turning Back the Clock
Laser technology also produces amazing results for anyone who is concerned with skin imperfections such as acne scars, uneven pigmentation, sun damage, dark age spots, or spider veins. Laser has also been referred to as “skin resurfacing” because of its ability to remove these flaws.
Dr. Torgerson is pleased to offer both these state-of-the-art laser technologies at his private downtown laser centre. The non-ablative laser treatments are known as the clearlift laser or AFT (advanced fluorescence technology). Its other names include IPL (intense pulsed light), photo rejuvenation, or photo facial.
The ablative laser treatments offered are the Ipixel erbium, the Ipixel, and the CO2 laser (named as such because it uses carbon dioxide). It is also known as laser abrasion or lasabrasion and laser peel.
If you are concerned about the condition of your skin or are interested in “turning back the clock” in your personal aging, the best place to start would be to book a private consultation with an expert facial cosmetic surgeon and her/his team. Together they would be able to assess what method of laser would best target your areas of need and allow you to view before and after photos of previous clients who have chosen to take advantage of the exciting new world of cosmetic laser treatments!
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- ND-YAG Laser
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Safety Of Laser Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Scar Treatments
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.