Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
The face is often referred to as the mirror of the soul.
Our face shows our expressions based on our emotions and how we see ourselves. The face also plays an important part in how we want to be seen by others. The unavoidable signs of aging in the face are apparent in people who are typically in their mid 30s.
Repair The Damage In The Face And Restore The Contours
Causes Of Aging
- Sun damage – Excessive exposure to the sun reduces collagen and elastin in the skin and increases the risk of skin cancer. Over exposure to the sun can also cause melasma, pigmentation, brown spots, freckles, and other surface irregularities.
- Environmental factors – Skin care products can deliver toxic contaminants into the skin, and airborne pollution can also increase oxidative stress in the body, increasing susceptibility to disease.
- Gravity – The natural force of gravity pulling on the body for many years eventually displays visible signs of sagging and drooping internal and external anatomical structures.
- Loss of elasticity – With age, the main culprit of skin laxity, the skin depletes in collagen and elastin fibres.
A facelift procedure can repair the damage in the face and restore the contours that have devitalized over the years. Full facelift procedures are ideal for those who need extensive restoration of their facial features. However, that may not be the case for younger patients who wish to restore lost volume and firmness in their face.
A mini facelift procedure is ideal for people who are not quite ready for a facelift but still want to achieve rejuvenation in their face. This is particularly true around the lower part of their face, which is impacted the most by the aging process, as jowls form and the cheeks, chin, and neck droop. There are numerous advantages of getting a mini lift procedure over a full face lift, and the same applies for the benefits of a full facelift over a minilift.
No Ideal Age for a Mini Face Lift
Who Is a Good Candidate?
There is no ideal age for a mini face lift, as everyone ages at their own speed. However, the aging process seems to accelerate for everyone in and around the mid-30s range. People after their 30s begin to consider tightening up the laxity that they begin to experience in their face and neck to maintain their foundation of youth. The ideal age for a mini lift is also dependant on the patient and their cosmetic goals. Typical age groups for mini facelifts are people in their late 30s up to 60s. Someone who has already had a facelift and requires an update is also an ideal candidate for a mini lift to help restore and rejuvenate their facelift results.
Mini Lift Vs. Face Lift – Which One Is Right For Me?
Dr. Torgerson conducts comprehensive consultations regarding facial rejuvenation procedures with his patients who express interest in facelifts or mini lift procedures. Some of the qualification criteria for mini lift procedures include:
- Attainment of satisfactory results that the patient is looking to achieve
- Extent of surgery they are willing to commit to
- Extent of improvements required
- Amount of time available for post-procedure downtime
- Types of scars that the patient is comfortable with
- The associated cost with procedure
- The necessity of pairing other procedures with a mini lift. For example, it is very common to get a blepharoplasty procedure or a CO2 laser treatment when getting facial rejuvenation treatments.
- Level of skin and muscle laxity present in the face
If you are unhappy with how your face is aging and would like to rejuvenate your face and neck area, then scheduling a consultation with Dr. Torgerson would be the first step in discovering your suitableness for a mini lift procedure. Dr. Torgerson’s Facial Cosmetic Clinic is conveniently located in the heart of downtown in Yorkville, Toronto.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can You Add to Your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Cost
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- Facelift FAQs
- Facelift Preparation
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- Facelift Toronto
- Fat Grafting
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- The Benefits of a Mini Facelift
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Toronto Facelift Surgeons: Best Reasons to Act Now, Not Later
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- Toronto’s Top Facelift Surgeon’s Before and After Results
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.