Face Lift Questions
How does a facelift help people achieve a more youthful appearance?
Tell me about the facelift procedure.
There is a variety of facelift techniques. The one Dr. Torgerson typically uses is an open technique (called SMAS lift), which usually means that a larger incision is created. The more tissue exposed, the greater and stronger the lifting capability, which leads to a longer-lasting and more effective result. Another popular technique is an endoscopic facelift. While the incisions are significantly smaller and less downtime is required, the amount of lift that can be achieved and the longevity of the result is often disappointing. Therefore, this technique is not one that Dr. Torgerson commonly uses.
How does the facelift procedure differ for women and men?
Can facial implants be used with a facelift to achieve a better result?
What is discussed during the facelift consultation?
During a facelift consult, Dr. Torgerson reviews a patient’s concerns, goals, and overall desires. He also determines whether or not the patient is a good candidate by evaluating the quality and redundancy of skin as well as if the patient has an appropriate and safe health history to undergo surgery. As a surgeon, it is important for Dr. Torgerson that patients do the right procedure at the right time, so he does explore each patient’s motivation. It’s also imperative for any potential candidate to know that the face lift needs to be done in a natural-looking way. Just because the skin can be pulled tighter, doesn’t mean that it should. People do not want the days of unnatural plastic surgery outcomes like Joan Rivers anymore. The new age of cosmetic surgery involves fresh, radiant, and natural outcomes where the patients look authentic, refreshed, and revitalized.
What can patients expect during the recovery period?
What kind of maintenance is involved after a patient undergoes a face lift?
What kind of results have you seen in your patients after the procedure compared to before?
What advice do you have for potential clients who are seeking a facelift?
My philosophy is “do the right thing at the right time”. Facelift surgery can often be the right choice for patients who have not been able to achieve the same effect with less invasive techniques such as lasers, fillers, or healthy lifestyles. Patients need to educate themselves and look for a qualified Facial Plastic surgeon (FRCSC) with extra Fellowship training. When it comes to your face, one should not settle for less than a surgeon who has the highest level of credentials for performing facial plastic surgery. Potential clients should also choose a surgeon that listened and was able to provide examples of patient results and client references. Most importantly, patients should pick a surgeon who they feel most confident and comfortable with.
Tell me about your private Plastic Surgery Centre in Toronto
What Makes You And Your Clinic Different / Stand Out From Other Clinics?
Minimal Wait Time
VECTRA 3D imaging system
Hospital Surgical Facilities
Dr. Torgerson's Training
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Fat Grafting
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Facelift Preparation
- Facelift Cost
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can You Add to Your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- The Benefits of a Mini Facelift
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- Toronto’s Top Facelift Surgeon’s Before and After Results
- Toronto Facelift Surgeons: Best Reasons to Act Now, Not Later
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- Facelift Toronto
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- Facelift FAQs
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.