At an early age, using proper skin care products and sunscreen should be adequate maintenance.
Facelift surgery (rhytidectomy) is usually not necessary until a person is approximately 50 years of age because there are so many alternative methods available to correct fine lines and moderate wrinkles.
As skin loses its elasticity, Botox and dermal fillers are an excellent way to reverse the signs of aging, as well as non surgical facelift options such as Ultherapy and CO2 laser skin tightening and resurfacing.
More about FaceLift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
A rhytidectomy facelift should be considered when wrinkles are no longer able to be successfully concealed and loose skin around the neck and lower face and in front of the ears becomes noticeable.
There is no right or wrong age to pursue a face lift, as genetics or extreme weight loss also play a significant role in one’s aging process, so some facelift patients may find they are ready, and it is a suitable option even in their 40’s.
It is important to pursue a facelift for the “right reasons”. Wanting to enhance your appearance and bolster your self-esteem are two correct motives. Desiring to look like your favourite celebrity or assuming that a face lift will assure you will find a younger partner are not the right objectives. Although a skilled facial plastic surgeon can produce amazing results that are tailored to your specific needs, it is not entirely reasonable to think that a rhytidectomy (facelift) will make you appear 20 or 30 years younger.
An excellent-quality facelift will always look natural, not pulled.
Facelift – Open Technique
Long-term correction is achieved in several steps. First, the deep tissues of the face (SMAS) are tightened, excess skin is removed, and then the SMAS is re-draped in an upward direction, which reverses the natural pull of gravity. There is a lot of artistry involved in knowing the right amount of tension to use when performing this type of surgery. It is not achieved by simply pulling up the loose skin; therefore, it is essential to choose an experienced facial plastic surgeon (different from a general plastic surgeon who specializes in body procedures). It is an excellent idea to look at before and after photos of your facial plastic surgeon’s previous facelift clients to determine how natural the results were.
At his private Toronto Surgery Centre, Dr. Torgerson performs rhytidectomy facelift surgery using the “open technique” because it achieves a more thorough and long-lasting result compared to endoscopic surgery. An incision is made at the temple along the hairline and in front of the ears, allowing for any scarring to be hidden in the natural fold of the skin.
Pain medication is usually needed for the first 3 to 4 days, and sutures are removed after 1 week. Swelling and bruising around the eyes and jawline can be expected, and Dr. Torgerson’s office recommends that clients take 2 weeks off of work, after which time they will feel comfortable to socialize and be out in public. Makeup can successfully mask any remaining signs of surgery.
Facelift surgery methods are continually being improved. If you are considering a face lift, we encourage you to book an appointment at our Yorkville clinic and use our 3D Vectra imaging system to see the enhancements that a rhytidectomy facelift can offer you!
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can You Add to Your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Cost
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- Facelift FAQs
- Facelift Preparation
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- Facelift Toronto
- Fat Grafting
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- The Benefits of a Mini Facelift
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Toronto Facelift Surgeons: Best Reasons to Act Now, Not Later
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- Toronto’s Top Facelift Surgeon’s Before and After Results
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.