At an early age, using proper skin care products and sunscreen should be adequate maintenance.
Facelift surgery (rhytidectomy) is usually not necessary until a person is approximately 50 years of age because there are so many alternative methods available to correct fine lines and moderate wrinkles.
As skin loses its elasticity, Botox and dermal fillers are an excellent way to reverse the signs of aging, as well as non surgical facelift options such as Ultherapy and CO2 laser skin tightening and resurfacing.
More about FaceLift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
A rhytidectomy facelift should be considered when wrinkles are no longer able to be successfully concealed and loose skin around the neck and lower face and in front of the ears becomes noticeable.
There is no right or wrong age to pursue a face lift, as genetics or extreme weight loss also play a significant role in one’s aging process, so some facelift patients may find they are ready, and it is a suitable option even in their 40’s.
It is important to pursue a facelift for the “right reasons”. Wanting to enhance your appearance and bolster your self-esteem are two correct motives. Desiring to look like your favourite celebrity or assuming that a face lift will assure you will find a younger partner are not the right objectives. Although a skilled facial plastic surgeon can produce amazing results that are tailored to your specific needs, it is not entirely reasonable to think that a rhytidectomy (facelift) will make you appear 20 or 30 years younger.
An excellent-quality facelift will always look natural and not pulled.
Facelift – Open Technique
Long-term correction is achieved in several steps. First, the deep tissues of the face (SMAS) are tightened, excess skin is removed, and then the SMAS is re-draped in an upward direction, which reverses the natural pull of gravity. There is a lot of artistry involved in knowing the right amount of tension to use when performing this type of surgery. It is not achieved by simply pulling up the loose skin; therefore, it is essential to choose an experienced facial plastic surgeon (different from a general plastic surgeon who specializes in body procedures). It is an excellent idea to look at before and after photos of your facial plastic surgeon’s previous facelift clients to determine how natural the results were.
At his private Toronto Surgery Centre, Dr. Torgerson performs rhytidectomy facelift surgery using the “open technique” because it achieves a more thorough and long-lasting result compared to endoscopic surgery. An incision is made at the temple along the hairline and in front of the ears, allowing for any scarring to be hidden in the natural fold of the skin.
Pain medication is usually needed for the first 3 to 4 days, and sutures are removed after 1 week. Swelling and bruising around the eyes and jawline can be expected, and Dr. Torgerson’s office recommends that clients take 2 weeks off of work, after which time they will feel comfortable to socialize and be out in public. Makeup can successfully mask any remaining signs of surgery.
Facelift surgery methods are continually being improved. If you are considering a face lift, we encourage you to book a free appointment at our Yorkville clinic and use our 3D VECTRA imaging system to see the enhancements a rhytidectomy facelift can offer you!
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- Facelift Cost
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- Facelift Preparation
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Facelift FAQs
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- Fat Grafting
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- The Benefits of a Mini facelift
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
- Facelift Toronto
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.